Concealer for dark under eyes. Nothing works for me :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I've got brownish dark circles which look horrific on my pale NW15 skin. There's not one concealer I've tried that works. It either makes it look green/blue/grey or doesn't cover it at all. Would layering different products help? Can anyone recommend some products for me? Thanks x

These were the results with what I tried;
YSL touche eclat - made it look ashy/grey
Benefit it stick made it look green

Laura Mercier Secret camouflage 2 - was ok but dried my skin & made me look old :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lancome Teint Miracle - made it look blue
Mac Select Moisturecover - looked grey
No7 Radiance Concealer - made it look olive green

Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Concealer not much difference/way too thin

Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer fair - awful

When I started using primers, it seemed that my circles were lightened permanently. I like Ooh La Lift, That Gal, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and Primed & Poreless. I have allergies, so I always had a heroin chic look, the primers worked wonders (I guess they work as skin care, not just as makeup). I don't layer them, that just seems to cause creases. I think my favorite is Ooh La Lift, I'm still using one of the tiny samples, I haven't bought the full-size yet. Concealers are supposed to be applied over foundations, so that might help, if you haven't tried it that way. Good luck. 
flowers.gif

Hey there, I have really dark circles as well and I found that using a corrector and then a concealer works. 

What colour your under eye circles are actually determines what colour corrector will work the best for you.

I heard really great things about the Bobbi Brown correctors & concealers so maybe hit up Sephora and play around with it or ask one of the people who work there to assist you.

Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back