Tooth Whitening Suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always wanted to try those tooth whitening strips, but I am worried about any adverse effects. Has anyone ever used it that can recommend a brand that actually works? Thank you!

I use Crest Whitestrips Advance Seal.  I can only use it every other day because it does cause sensitivity. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Crest Whitestrips Advance Seal.  I can only use it every other day because it does cause sensitivity. 

Sensitivity to everything or more like hot/cold? I've always wondered about that.

Pretty much everything...just clenching my teeth it hurts. It goes away after a couple of days.  Its more irritating than painful - borderline painful.

I used Aquafresh White Trays when I had a big event to go to - and I had several people mention how white my teeth were! Unfortunately the effects are only temporary - especially if you drink a lot of coffee and dark sodas (like me). So yes, they do actually work!

My teeth are SUPER sensitive (I can't bite into ice cream with my front teeth), and I didn't notice any change in the sensitivity. If all else fails..just ask your dentist if you have serious concerns.

Good luck!

Bronwyn xx

The effect from those whitening strips will not last long. Moreover, some of them can make your teeth more sensitive as it was before. Such remedies should not be used too often. I try to use only natural teeth care products because a big amount of chemicals can cause a lot of harm. Not only to your teeth but also to your stomach. I even bought a bamboo toothbrush to get rid of the plastic one. Do not use such products! A good toothpaste or powder is just enough to make your teeth healthy. 

I go to a professional teeth cleaning to the dentist. My teeth are whiter after that

Charcoal teeth whitening product by Actinera is working well. Though this product is totally new but doing well so far. 

For professional quick results try Harley Street dental studio. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty pleased to know about best dental suggestions. My friend is also taking braces treatment from dentist Hermosa Beach since two months. Few more weeks to go and she will be getting perfect shaped teeth with brightening smile. Accurate amount of porcelain and calcium needed is also taken into consideration by the doctors.

It may seem a bit awkward but you can try rubbing banana peels on your teeth (the inside of the peel should be rubbed on your teeth for a couple of minutes). It won't irritate the teeth or the gums and it definitely works

Crest white strips are the most effective diy option. For a few days before and after, use Sensodyne to reduce sensitivity.

You should mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 teaspoons of water and brush your teeth with the paste. You can do once a week. It is also beneficial for reducing bacteria in your mouth

I use glowup teeth whitening kits. They're personalized to you so you don't need to worry about sensitivity which is my favorite part. Personally I think whitening kits work better than whitening strips! 

Latest posts

Back