My Make Up Haul - Lots of pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of coupons and have been scouting coupons on deals for over a year now. So it was quite awesome that P&G Saver had a $2.50 off two Cover Girl products while Walgreens was having a Buy 1 get one 50% off sale. I am in dire need of lipstick that isn't a boring brown so that is what I went on the hunt to get. Soon I will be on the hunt for blush but not quite in a hurry for that just yet but I found what I was looking for!

Me normal lip color:

Cover Girl Tinted Lip Balm in Hipster

Cover Girl Lipstick in Tempt Seduction:

It didn't end there though! I wasn't expecting to come out with what I did but here is what else I got:

4 eye shadow palettes (3 squares for $0.50, larger one for $1.49), the 2 CG lipsticks ($5.49 and $7.49) and one manicure salon with 5 nail polishes and a dryer for $4.99. Total spent after taxes $16.97. 

I'm not expecting these to be any great shakes but thought it was a good way to play with color and technique without wasting quality product. 

I also try to be good about the whole Reduce, Reuse and Recycle when I can so when I bumped into a vintage Coca-Cola crate in the garage, I got to thinking. I could line it in some scrap velvet or satin I have laying around (I'm a seamstress by hobby), clean up the outside to preserve the vintage paint and have a handy container to contain all my mess! 

I will have to play with it a bit, see how to get it to work best for me but I am pretty excited to have a crafty project to noodle over!

Love the crate! I would've scooped that one up too! I just recently got a $4 off coupon for one CoverGirl product which I'll be using soon. Not sure what to get yet, though, as their products are not my favorite at all. What brand is that Eye Mobile palette? I'm using my iPhone at the moment and not all of the details in the photos are coming through clearly.

Verti I love Hipster on you! And I need to check out the Walgreens down the street from me.  I saw a lot of that stuff come in for Christmas, I wonder if they are marked down at the one by me too.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Verti I love Hipster on you! And I need to check out the Walgreens down the street from me.  I saw a lot of that stuff come in for Christmas, I wonder if they are marked down at the one by me too.
Thanks chica! I really like it too. Just enough of a tint to give color while adding some moisture to my lips. I am terribly about licking my lips constantly so this helps with that. I plan on going back this weekend and picking up on a few other things as well. Lots of their perfume sets were also heavily discounted as well as a HUGE make up kit but I had limited funds this time around.

Ok, I couldn't wait, I took the crate idea for a drive and I love it! I had to lose the 'dried grass decor' and move my jewelry box but I am oh so okay with that. 

I used the glass stones from the decor in two small wine glasses, one for pencils, one for brushes and then eye shadows got their own place (blushes will probably live here as well), foundations, lipsticks and tools got their own quarter and then the other two were taken up by body scents and hair products. 

I really like how this turned out and gave me back more of my huge mirror.

Originally Posted by tlglover1447 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the profusion brightening eye in brown, it actually good for the price.
Oh good! I absolutely loved the colors (I'm a bit of a brown junkie)! 

Nice haul! I like the lip colors on you.  And that hand dryer looks pretty interesting.  

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice haul! I like the lip colors on you.  And that hand dryer looks pretty interesting.  
I forgot to check the battery requirements. It takes 4 AAA batteries and, of course, guess what I don't have in the house! 
icon_evil.gif
 I'll be going out later to buy some and report on how it works. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the wine glasses! LOL!!

Great Haul/Stash Pancua!
Thanks! They were a set that came in a picnic basket I ordered online but they were too small so I've been trying to figure out what to do with them. When I set the crate up, they popped into mind and voila! A perfect way to stash liners and brushes without them scattering all over the place :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great haul! I love what you did with the coca cola crate, it's always cool to see ideas like those.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great haul! I love what you did with the coca cola crate, it's always cool to see ideas like those.

Thanks! A friend sent me a pic of a way to organize hair pins and the like. She ran magnetic tape across the wall next to her make up station and then all things metal stick to that, up and out of the way and she can see exactly what she wants versus digging. I thought it was pretty genius.

I don't have quite enough pins to have to do that (and I'm a sucker for cute containers) but thought I would pass that little tidbit on. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Loving the makeup haul! I have a couple coke crates that I use as shelves on my wall. Love what you did with yours!  

Originally Posted by Pancua

Thanks! A friend sent me a pic of a way to organize hair pins and the like. She ran magnetic tape across the wall next to her make up station and then all things metal stick to that, up and out of the way and she can see exactly what she wants versus digging. I thought it was pretty genius.

I don't have quite enough pins to have to do that (and I'm a sucker for cute containers) but thought I would pass that little tidbit on. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've seen this on Pinterest and I love the idea!!! I need to do this!! 

Originally Posted by BrightsideBabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving the makeup haul! I have a couple coke crates that I use as shelves on my wall. Love what you did with yours!  

I've seen this on Pinterest and I love the idea!!! I need to do this!! 
You are the third person today who has mentioned Pinterest. I need to go check this out.

i'm loving the crate idea! god, i wish my bathroom was big enough *dream*. my bathroom is a tiny square, if i sit on the toilet i can pretty much let feet hang in the bathtub... oh well!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm loving the crate idea! god, i wish my bathroom was big enough *dream*. my bathroom is a tiny square, if i sit on the toilet i can pretty much let feet hang in the bathtub... oh well!

I've so been there! I feel for ya! My SO and share the sink and it is the pits!  We are currently looking to buy a house and a MUST HAVE is dual sinks in the master bathroom. I really hate having to clean man whiskers off my stuff. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've so been there! I feel for ya! My SO and share the sink and it is the pits!  We are currently looking to buy a house and a MUST HAVE is dual sinks in the master bathroom. I really hate having to clean man whiskers off my stuff. 
sick.gif

THE WORST. i'm not grossed out or anything but it bugs the crap out of me because it looks so.. slobby. gah!

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a similar Nail Salon thingy- they're a bit of an effort to actually keep the fan going but I still like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It doesn't look like the best fan in the world but for $5, I don't expect much. It will be interesting to play with at least 

Latest posts

Back