Do You Look Different With Makeup On?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some people took completely different with/without make up.  Some people act differently with and without make up on. Do you?

I don't think I look completely different, just a tad more polished. I'm not sure what other people think though.

I look like myself (just a better version lol) when I wear work appropriate makeup. If it's for a night out and I feel like experimenting, I can look quite different to what I usually look like.

My attitude doesn't change just because I have/don't have makeup on though.

When I was in my 20's, make up made me look older (as in not pre-teen).  Now it makes me look younger (as in early to mid 30's) because I don't look as tired with makeup on.  It also makes me feel more professional and polished instead of just running errands during my day off.  

Very. With no makeup I look like I'm 15, with minimal makeup I look like I'm 18-20, with a full face or a night out makeup I look about mid 20s. Oh, & I don't act differently. Sometimes makeup does give me a pick up when my mood is lousy & makes me feel prettier.

I look quite a bit different without makeup. I'm one of those people that kinda needs at least a little concealer, brow work, and mascara or else I get told i look sickly. My confidence level is definitely night and day too. I guess Ive always gotten a better response from people when Im made up, then once people get used to seeing my that way I hate shocking them with my bare face. I rarely go out without being fully made up especially since I started dyeing my hair crazy colors because I do get a lot more attention from it. It kind of amplifies my insecurities because i get stared at. at least if im feeling good about myself i wont care what people think, but when i feel like i look crappy the stares make me feel 10x worse.

You look sooo much like Alyson Hannigan. 

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I look quite a bit different without makeup. I'm one of those people that kinda needs at least a little concealer, brow work, and mascara or else I get told i look sickly. My confidence level is definitely night and day too. I guess Ive always gotten a better response from people when Im made up, then once people get used to seeing my that way I hate shocking them with my bare face. I rarely go out without being fully made up especially since I started dyeing my hair crazy colors because I do get a lot more attention from it. It kind of amplifies my insecurities because i get stared at. at least if im feeling good about myself i wont care what people think, but when i feel like i look crappy the stares make me feel 10x worse.

I dont think these two pics are a fair comparison. The one without make up, your hair is orange/brass which is picking up all the yellow undertones in your skin. That is usually associated with illness. The other one is complementing your cheeks and lips, as well as making your eyes pop. Something we associate with health.

Personally, I like seeing my friends who regularly wear make up without from time to time. It keeps them real for me. Hard to explain what I mean by that.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that orange hair colour.  I think @amber looks cute either way, with or without makeup...altho she looks more like Alyson with makeup than without.  

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont think these two pics are a fair comparison. The one without make up, your hair is orange/brass which is picking up all the yellow undertones in your skin. That is usually associated with illness. The other one is complementing your cheeks and lips, as well as making your eyes pop. Something we associate with health.

Personally, I like seeing my friends who regularly wear make up without from time to time. It keeps them real for me. Hard to explain what I mean by that.
Your right, i think the pink does make me look healthier overall. these were taken when I had the same color (R was a fresh dye job) so its a fairer comparison =P

Originally Posted by Director /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did I meet you at Band Camp? ;-) lol
Nope. I was always more of a space camp kinda girl >.<

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that orange hair colour.  I think @amber looks cute either way, with or without makeup...altho she looks more like Alyson with makeup than without.  
Thank you!

I appreciate all the nice comments 
icon_redface.gif

I think I look different with makeup on, my green eyes tend to look muddy without something, and my brows disappear without something done to them. I however do like my freckles, they give me character. I try to be pretty sheer with my foundation, but by the time I use concealer round my nose and eyes, they get lost :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm new here, so I'm not sure how to post a pic. I'm on my iPad, and it's not letting me upload from this.

My brows are about gone without makeup.  So that's the biggest visible difference, and I'm self conscious about it.  Generally I feel more polished, am in a better mood and more productive that day when I wear my regular full face(foundation, brows, eye).

I don't look totally different once my makeup is on.  Now that I've hit 40, I'm learning that less is more.  I'm very aware to not make myself cakey (it adds to the fine lines).  And my eyeshadow has to be softer (no need to point out the crepey starting).  The less I put on, the better it is for my skin and I intend to look younger than my age from here on out.  

Depends. For natural makeup I look more polished, but the same. Dramatic makeup can make me look different.

It really depends on the amount of makeup you put on.  I've seen some girls (especially asians) that look like completely different people after makeup

Latest posts

Back