Favorite/Best Baby Products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just went to preregister for my babies birth at the hospital, and have now began thinking about gathering up the products I will need.

Things such as shampoo, soap, baby lotion, zinc cream, vaseline...etc.

I am looking for products that are organic, natural, paraben free, non carcinogenic, non petrolium based products.

It is very important to me that they are high quality products and not just any brand off the shelf. I am reading about the different products myself, but thought I would also ask my wonderful makeuptalk family what products they prefer to use on their little ones.

I know the most popular brand is obviously P&G's Johnson & Johnson baby products, even they have started to release more natural products, but I wanted to know what else.

I am looking for:

Shampoo

Soap/Body Wash

Baby Lotion

Zinc Cream (or Diaper Rash cream)

Vaseline

Baby Powder

Diapers

and any other products you and your little one like.

Thank you in advance!

Wow... unfortunately I used your typical shelf stuff.

Have you been on thebump.com?  You can probably get a lot of information there...  I dont recommend their boards tho... too many hormones/women and it can get quite brutal.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shampoo - Johnson's any

Soap/Body Wash - "   "

Baby Lotion - " "

Zinc Cream (or Diaper Rash cream) Butt Paste

Vaseline  -  never used the stuff

Baby Powder - Never used it, very bad if inhaled by baby

Diapers - Pampers swaddlers

and any other products you and your little one like.

Thank you in advance!

My idea isn't about the products your asking about. But you might want to consider getting one or having a relative/friend buy one for the baby.

I purchased a "baby bouncer" for my son.

He would kick his little feet and cause a slight bouncing motion - he loved it!

They are made for newborns up to 18 pounds.

We used it the day we brought him home from the hospital, until he was just too big for it.

You might want to bring a small amount of olive oil in case the baby has a bit of cradle cap.

Rub the oil into the scalp - helps to break down tissue

I would recommend not using baby powder. Your little one can inhale it and develop respiratory problems.

After you change and wipe your baby, just apply a thin layer of zinc cream or vaseline on their bottom, as a protective barrier.

Best of luck

I recommend you sign up at the pampers site and huggies site.  They'll send you coupons for diapers.  Check out Toys r us, sign up for their baby registry, they'll give you some free gifts.  

Thank you Bonnie for your answers! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you Dragonfly for the tip about a baby bouncer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know about the dangers of inhaling talc and the respritory problems it can cause but I wanted to ask and see what others are using anyhow. I have found a talc free product and don't intend to use it much but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you for the recommendation of olive oil for cradle cap! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My idea isn't about the products your asking about. But you might want to consider getting one or having a relative/friend buy one for the baby.

I purchased a "baby bouncer" for my son.

He would kick his little feet and cause a slight bouncing motion - he loved it!

They are made for newborns up to 18 pounds.

We used it the day we brought him home from the hospital, until he was just too big for it.

You might want to bring a small amount of olive oil in case the baby has a bit of cradle cap.

Rub the oil into the scalp - helps to break down tissue

I would recommend not using baby powder. Your little one can inhale it and develop respiratory problems.

After you change and wipe your baby, just apply a thin layer of zinc cream or vaseline on their bottom, as a protective barrier.

Best of luck

For the baby cosmetics, we use the products you mentioned but also Cusson's, Elizabeth Arden and Malizia children's products. The diapers, you can check out Molfix and Canabebe.

Don't forget to pick some stuff for yourself too. If you are going to breastfeed you might get some nipple cream at hand to sooth the stretching and squeezing of your nipples when it becomes sore. If you react to any brand, vaseline without parfume should work or just shea butter.

Back