What Do You Still Have Trouble With?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know tons of us here have been playing with makeup for years and while I don't consider myself an expert, I do feel very knowledgeable about what works for me and what doesn't. Looking through tutorials, I don't feel the need to watch a tutorial to get the same result. I still do so bc new tricks/tips may come up and I love learning.  

But even after years I still have trouble with some of the simplest things.  Ironically, I do better with liquid/gel/cream liners as oppose to pencil. It always looks dull when I use a pencil unless I really take my time with it. Somehow on a weekly basis, I still manage to smear mascara onto my eyelids. I know, I know, I know. Look down a mirror to prevent that but oh well.

What do you still struggle with?

Lining my lips. For some reason I always make mistakes that I have to correct.

I struggle with getting my eyebrows the same... being symetrical is an obsessive engineer thing! lol

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Liquid eyeliner. I always look like I was attacked by a five-year-old with a marker.

Bahahaha!! Me too!!

Just think of them as your asymetrical architectural feature :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I struggle with getting my eyebrows the same... being symetrical is an obsessive engineer thing! lol

I can't do contouring.. hilites, darker shading...nope.  I've totally given up.

I can't do powder blush and make it look perfectly even- it's always either higher, lower, or darker than the other cheek XD

I cannot do liquid eyeliner. I look like a raccoon!
icon_eek.gif

liquid eye liner for sure. I tend to stick to gels, so hopefully I won't have to go down that road anytime soon.

I definitely don't know how to use bronzer. I think it's partly bc I don't know what's best--shimmery or matte, how dark it should be, where to contour, etc. I thought the stila soft lights duo was a blush/bronzer, but the soft lights thing turned out to be a really dark highlighter lol.

I have trouble with mascara in that I haven't been able to find the perfect one for me. my lashes are short and suuper straight, so even if I curl them they straighten out easily--I'm left with long straight eyelashes, which is almost worse. the only thing that can hold a curl is the lashblast waterproof, but it's absolute murder for my lashes; it makes them brittle, they fall out more, etc.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh I get the same thing with cat eyeliner. I can only extend it so far it starts to look uneven.

LOL  I know I hate that!!!! 

Originally Posted by benefitbabe90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eyebrows are sisters not twins ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Eyeshadow....not eyebrows

For me, it's gel eyeliner that ends up everywhere except where it's supposed to be. I end up washing my hands a few times because I get so much on my thumbs and forefinger that I transfer it everywhere.

Latest posts

Back