FOTD January 6, 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sporting my Justin Beiber "swoosh" today!! hahahahahaha

Eyes:

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Bootycall, Tease, YDK, and Busted

Wet N Wild Lust Palette - Medium matte purple and light matte pink

Wet N Wild Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Maybelline The Falsies Volum-express Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzed Duo

Laura Geller Blush - Apricot Berry

Stila Kitten

Lips:

Absolute Lipliner - Plum

Wet N Wild Shine Lipstick - 522A

Face:

Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation - 201 Classic Beige

Laura Geller Spackle - Ethereal

Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation - Creamy Natural

This is my first fotd post. Very new to makeup...all I know, I learned on youtube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.    I used:    CoverGirl and Olay Simply ageless Foundation L'Oreal HIP "sassy" Milani "bronze doll" Sephora waterproof cream liner (black) Sephora waterproof jumbo liner (black; to define outer "v") Wet n' wild Bronzer  Smashbox eyebrow powder  

I Loveeeee how today's look brought out my eyes, and made them appear gray.

I guess what inspired me for today's look was fire. 

I did a similar look to this one before...

But instead of the "flame" going off to the side, I had it going up and off to the side.. Like a cut crease.

Also I used different products then from the ones I used today.

My original look is here:

(Using Sugarpill Products)

YEAH, up and out.

I really love how these colors look on my eyes. Lol

Anyway, here is the look that I did today! [::

(Using Eye Kandii Cosmetics)

~ 1.6.12 ~

Very Similar.

For some reason I'm very un-confident about how I look today,

So sorry for the hideousness . Lmfaoo ,____,"

Products Used For Eyes:

~ NYX Cosmetics: Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (base), Skinny Eye Marker in Black.

~ Urban Decay Cosmetics: 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion. ( on waterline)

~ Eye Kandii Cosmetics: Organic Eyeshadow Primer, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow from the Intense Eyeshadow Kit,

and "Blow" Loose Eyeshadow.

Here Is The Link To The Eye Kandii Cosmetics Website! : http://www.eyekandiicosmetics.com/

~ You can find all the Products I used from them at that site.

The eye shadows were kinda difficult to blend out, but they were very nicely pigmented.

Hope Ya'll Like!

<3.[::

@Jeanarick: This looks very pretty on you!

&& Purple is a great color for you. [::

@Linde Wyser: I think it looks really good, you did well with blending.

Maybe use a highlight under the brow bone if you didn't already, I can't really tell if you did or not in the photos.

I also love your outfit! :;D

Just ordered my Naked 2 and I have the WnW Lust palette..so I will definitely have to try this combo! Beautiful look.

Bronwyn xx

@Jean: I think Justin Bieber is a retard, but your makeup looks really pretty!!!

@Linde: Nice!

@Olly: Wow, the pigmetation!

@Jean, I like the slight subtleties with your eyes today. 

@Linde, You look very pretty in this neutral look. What kind of suggestions are you looking for? What are you needing help with? May help us help you better lol!

@Ollymoe, definitely in yo face colours today lol! Nicely done... nothing hideous here, don't be so hard on yourself!

For me: I went with an almost neutral look today. Though I had issues with my foundation becoming extremely cake :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> though I have a feeling it had to do with the fact that I used my face lotion right before and I didn't use a foundation primer either. SO there are blotches on my skin and I ended up wiping off most of my makeup :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Face: MAC Studio Tech NW15; MAC Prime + Prep Transparent Finishing Powder; MAC Paint Bare Canvas (to conceal my spots).

Eyes: NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer; NYX 5 Colour Eyeshadow 05 I Dream of St John; Maybelline Lasting Drama Blackest Black Cream Eyeliner; EL Magnascopic Mascara 01- Black

Lips: Sephora LipGloss Fuchsia 

Have a fabulous Weekend Everyone!

@Linde: I knowww right, it's crazy. d;:

@Slinkycats: Lmao, I love this color combo. :;D

&& Thanks, I guess I just feel weird with my hair up. Rofl D;:

But, that's something I needa' work on. d;:

The "natural look" is really nice on you. [::

@slinkycats: haha! I guess I have no idea what I need help with. 

I grew up Pentecostal so makeup was forbidden. I left the church in my 20'3 but did not start wearing makeup until I was 29. 

So, I have had no one to teach me. Also, I started VERY SLOWLY....Pentecostal women that leave the church have a tendency to look like clowns bc they have NO CLUE what they are doing. 

I started with mascara and foundation. I added blush bc someone said they thought I was sick bc I had no color...lol.

I just started wearing eye shadow in the last two years (I'm 34 now)...and only started wearing it EVERYDAY in the last 6 months. 

I have learned everything I know from YouTube. So, sometimes I feel like I still have no clue what I'm doing. 

That's my story....so if you ever see anything I need to improve on, please point it out. ;-)

Youtube is a great place to start. There are many many many gurus out there that have amazing skills both at applying their own makeup on camera as well as being able to talk you through it. Starting slowly is not a bad thing either. Just take it at your own pace and you will find what you like and what works for you the best. If I have any suggestions I will let you know but I don't want to push you into something you won't like either. So its better to ask lots and lots of questions. I'm not actually a makeup artist, just an enthusiast so you may want to ask advice from some of the many great makeup artists in the community here. If you have a specific question for me I will do my best to answer tho!

I think you are off to a great start tho! 
headphonedance.gif

Originally Posted by Linde Wyser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@slinkycats: haha! I guess I have no idea what I need help with. 

I grew up Pentecostal so makeup was forbidden. I left the church in my 20'3 but did not start wearing makeup until I was 29. 

So, I have had no one to teach me. Also, I started VERY SLOWLY....Pentecostal women that leave the church have a tendency to look like clowns bc they have NO CLUE what they are doing. 

I started with mascara and foundation. I added blush bc someone said they thought I was sick bc I had no color...lol.

I just started wearing eye shadow in the last two years (I'm 34 now)...and only started wearing it EVERYDAY in the last 6 months. 

I have learned everything I know from YouTube. So, sometimes I feel like I still have no clue what I'm doing. 

That's my story....so if you ever see anything I need to improve on, please point it out. ;-)

Back