Guerlain, you must have lost your damn mind

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score

Noir G de Guerlain Exceptional Complete Mascara

What it is:
A chic mirrored case with a refillable mascara.

What it does:
This innovative mascara combines the extravagant luxury of a mirrored jewel case with a do-it-all formula that adds volume, lengthens, and curls. Black Pigments create perfectly defined eyes without any risk of smearing, smudging, or clumping. A fortifying agent helps to regenerate lashes by stimulating keratin for fortification and lash growth. Noir G goes one step further in creativity with its refillable applicator, making it convenient and easy to switch to a new wand as soon as you need it.

Size: 0.22 oz

Price: $49
icon_eek.gif

And the refills? Only $26.
wacko.gif

I just can't get into Guerlain. Every time I look at their stuff in Sephora i just end up passing it up.

sounds like every other mascara out there only with a mirror attached to it. The price tag reflects a brand name and a gimmick. Yeah I would pass it up too.

I don't like any of their stuff. Every time I look at the ingredients they use I end up thinking that they're just manufacturing cheap makeup at an inflated price. And the only reason for their prices is their marketing. Rubbish as far as I'm concerned.

Well, it's sort of like buying a $1,000 handbag.  You could buy a bag of similar quality for $100, but the brand is a status symbol.  I guess women who buy this mascara need to whip it out and apply it in public as much as possible.  The mirror makes that easy!

I saw that, too! And I had the exact same reaction as you internetchick, bahaha!

I can never buy anything Guerlain for the same reason. I wouldn't even consider this a splurge, more of a waste.

this probably isn't as good as my lancome mascara and they are cheaper than Guerlain! I tried on a $50 Guerlain lipgloss in a department store one time, so NOT worth it, just like another cheap covergirl lipgloss! 

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, it's sort of like buying a $1,000 handbag.  You could buy a bag of similar quality for $100, but the brand is a status symbol.  I guess women who buy this mascara need to whip it out and apply it in public as much as possible.  The mirror makes that easy!
You lost me there lol. I love a well made handbag, and those are damn near impossible to find for $100.

An expensive handbag may be well made, but most likely 75% of the cost is paying for the name brand.  Louis Vuitton handbags, for example, aren't even made out of leather- they're made out of canvas and some have leather trim.  There is just no reason for a canvas handbag to cost $1,600... even if it was sewn together by a team of trained mice. :)  I have a couple of handbags that I've used for years and years without incident and I think the most expensive one might have cost around $120.  I think I got that one on ebags.com at a discount and don't even recall the brand name!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You lost me there lol. I love a well made handbag, and those are damn near impossible to find for $100.

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

An expensive handbag may be well made, but most likely 75% of the cost is paying for the name brand.  Louis Vuitton handbags, for example, aren't even made out of leather- they're made out of canvas and some have leather trim.  There is just no reason for a canvas handbag to cost $1,600... even if it was sewn together by a team of trained mice. :)  I have a couple of handbags that I've used for years and years without incident and I think the most expensive one might have cost around $120.  I think I got that one on ebags.com at a discount and don't even recall the brand name!
Not some, all of their coated canvas bags have leather trim. They also have plenty of all leather bags as well. I own a Speedy and love the quality. To each his own.

I would much rather pay a couple hundred bucks for a good handbag than a mascara that's going to have to be pitched in a couple of months. My favorite handbag in the whole world is a leather Kate Spade purse that looks like a typewriter. Worth. Every. Penny. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For that kind of money it better volumize, lengthen, curl, grow lashes, help me get a man, etc!!

Originally Posted by bronwyn2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For that kind of money it better volumize, lengthen, curl, grow lashes, help me get a man, etc!!

HAHAHAHA

Being the cray mascara hoor I am, I ordered it. I'll report back on the quality. There's no way it's worth the price, but maybe the quality's good enough that someone could justify buying a refill and using a spoolie? Lol, idk if that would be possible. 

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Being the cray mascara hoor I am, I ordered it. I'll report back on the quality. There's no way it's worth the price, but maybe the quality's good enough that someone could justify buying a refill and using a spoolie? Lol, idk if that would be possible. 

I should have known you would get it lol!

sounds like a "what to buy someone who has everything" gift for a beauty junkie, IMO.

i'm passing.. lol

Back