Beauty Army - what's in your January box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided that despite the lack of a security certificate that I would place an order with Beauty Army last week when they launched. I was hesitant and didn't want to order but remembered that I had an old Coinstar card (well it's actually a "Green Dot" card but I got it at Coinstar) that I picked up for just such situations where I did not want to use my normal debit or credit cards.

Beauty Army costs $12 a month but unlike other sampling programs YOU get to pick the items you want in your box that month. You can either do the quiz and nine items will be chosen from that quiz or not and nine random items will be selected instead. From those nine items you can pick up to six samples. I don't remember what all nine items were selected for me but I did pick these six items.

BOO BOO COVER-UP COVER-UP Keep looking your best, even while you’re healing with this unique formula that doubles as a concealer and a healing treatment. Containing natural ingredients known to accelerate healing, this concealer will ensure no one will ever know about your “boo boo.†Shade: Medium Sample Size: 0.1 oz

CELLCEUTICALS PHOTODEFENSE SPF 55+ This hydrating formula provides tons of anti-aging and sun protection, aiding and improving the skin’s natural defenses. With all these powerful ingredients, your skin will stay youthful and free of sun damage. Sample Size: 0.34 oz

LIFT LAB LIFT & FIRM EYE CREAM This intensive eye cream is designed to specifically target crow’s feet, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, and sagginess of the delicate skin around your eyes. With active ingredients proven to fight aging, this serum will protect and drastically improve skin. Sample Size: 0.17 oz

MAD SKINCARE TRANSFORMING DAILY MOISTURIZER To keep skin youthful, this moisturizer with stem cell and peptide ingredients is designed to target the skin deep down and combat signs of aging. Your skin requires only the best and baby, this is it. Sample Size: 1.7 oz

LAROCCA SKINCARE SHIELD MULTI-ACTIVE LIP BALM (PROSECO) Nourishes and protects with amino acids and anti-microbials. This lip balm improves the look and feel of your lips and smells amazing! Full size

MYFACE COSMETICS BLINGTONE EYESHADOW (SP'ICE'Y) Create a wicked wash of colour and dramatic, wet-looking shine. Blingtone eyeshadows glide on smoothly and won’t drop or flake. Full size.

Out of all the products I think I'm most excited to try is the Lift Lab Lift & Firm Eye Cream. I'm almost 40 (yikes, acknowledging that freaks me out) and have noticed that my skin around my eyes are not tight and line free any more. I've used Anastasia firming lotion (in fact just ordered a new bottle from Birchbox) because I love it. I have a few other products that I've tried with mixed results but at over $40 for this TINY bottle of Anastasia product I wanted to see what else is on the market that will actually help reduce the appearance of fine lines. I know that nothing on the market will get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines on a permanent basis however it's a far cheaper, safer and less painful method than plastic surgery, botox or fillers. The downside to the Lift Lab product is the price - $95.00. At $95 IF product does as well as my Anastasia then it's something I'll have to save up for. I know Birchbox sells one Lift Lab product but not the Lift & Firm Eye Cream otherwise I'd just use any Birchbox points I had to bring the price down.

I have heard of Boo Boo Cover Up but never tried it. I've read raving reviews about it since it's a concealer that's supposed to help your skin heal if you have like a cut or scratch on your face. Yes, even the skeptic in me can be swayed by rave reviews. If it works Beauty Army sells it for $20.85 while on the Boo Boo Cover Up site it sells for $19.99. The downside is that at this time it only comes in one shade - medium - so for you fair skin and dark skin girls you'll have to wait until Boo Boo Cover Up finally sells it in your shade.

As for the rest, I'm excited to try my items and since I did order the night they launched I'm among the 300 who are to get an "Inaugural Kit". No idea what they entails but I'm super excited for my box. I haven't been THIS excited since my first Birchbox. Once my items get here I'll do an actual review on the products I received.

So what's in YOUR January box?

There is a thread in the main Make Up talk section however we don't have one here in the S&S group.

I'm almost too embarrassed to say. I got lift lab eye cream, strivectin brightening serum, joico k-pak, larocca 24 kt exfoliating cleanser, shea terra rose hips deep pore cleanser & control corrective anti-wrinkle face & neck cream.

Then I noticed they had eyeshadow. Gotta have the eyeshadow. Opened another account in hubbys name & got boo boo cover up, chella eye mask, mad corrective serum, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip balm & my face spicey eye shadow.

You would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well
laughing.gif

I really wanted the larocca body polish. So, i got that & let hubby pick the rest:another eye cream, joico k-pak, shea terra deep pore, strivectin brightening & celluceuticals neo cell.

Then I saw there was another color of eyeshadow. You know whats coming...another freakin account. Myface eyeshadow in diamonds & pearls, chella eye mask, mad daily moisturizer, lift lab eye cream, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip gloss.

I'm cut off now & going to have to cancel two accounts.

Lol Souly that's too funny! I might need to make another account as well!
smile.gif
 I am sooo excited to try the different samples and love that we get to pick them out. I was so rushed and stressed just trying to be one of the 300 last Sunday that I didn't spend much time taking the quiz or selecting my samples! I'm honestly shocked I was able to get in!

I picked: the cellceuticals neocells exfoliant, the chella eye mask (which was also in my test tube that I have yet to try), strivectin get even brightening serum, shea terra black soap deep pore facial cleanser, myface cosmetics blingtone eyeshadow morrococo (which I hope is as stunning on me as it appears online) and the larocca skin care pumpkin body polish!

I'm mostly into skin care so I'm pretty happy with my selection so far! BeautyArmy is currently my favorite sample box subscription!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gifYou would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well
laughing.gif
LMAO -- Too funny. But I totally understand. I signed my daughter with Birchbox and MyGlam with the intent those to be for her but I've managed to procure several of her items from her Birchboxes. Her first MyGlam will come in Feb barring any subscription problems like in December.

LOL! Awesome.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm almost too embarrassed to say. I got lift lab eye cream, strivectin brightening serum, joico k-pak, larocca 24 kt exfoliating cleanser, shea terra rose hips deep pore cleanser & control corrective anti-wrinkle face & neck cream.

Then I noticed they had eyeshadow. Gotta have the eyeshadow. Opened another account in hubbys name & got boo boo cover up, chella eye mask, mad corrective serum, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip balm & my face spicey eye shadow.

You would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well
laughing.gif

I really wanted the larocca body polish. So, i got that & let hubby pick the rest:another eye cream, joico k-pak, shea terra deep pore, strivectin brightening & celluceuticals neo cell.

Then I saw there was another color of eyeshadow. You know whats coming...another freakin account. Myface eyeshadow in diamonds & pearls, chella eye mask, mad daily moisturizer, lift lab eye cream, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip gloss.

I'm cut off now & going to have to cancel two accounts.

Yeah, I think I need a support group! I'm super excited. I'm hoping the lift lab eye cream will be as good as it sounds. I'm turning 33
icon_cry.gif
 this year & the fine lines are getting deeper. I'm also excited to try the shea terra deep pore cleanser. I've tried ole henriksens scrub but it was way too rough for me,.'m using PTR buffing beads which I like buts its $36. $36 is too much for a scrub. $18 would be great if its works for me

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think I need a support group!
Oh honey, you don't find that here. LOL This place is soooo bad for your pocketbook! LOL I have a $100 a month makeup budget that I go over every single month for the last four or so months (maybe longer) and it's this place's fault! Someone will post something I like, I go find and try, I end up liking and I end up buying. Very, very bad for the pocketbook. LOL

So I am beyond bummed out because I was not near the computer during the actual launch on New Years day and by the time I got one all 300 original kits were sold out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However I have picked my samples and it says that my kit should ship in February or sooner! Here are my samples:

-NeoCell cellceuticals micro-resurfacing skin treatment (if this is as good as their collagen supplement pills I will be ecstatic!)

- Chella Anti-Fatigue eye mask (which I got in my last Test Tube and have fallen in love with)

-Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap deep pore cleanser

- SunFX body wash

-LaRocca skin care Pumpkin Fleur de Sel body polish

- MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone eye shadow in Diamonds & Pearls

I'm really excited and hoping I get it before Feb! I will always and forever be bummed that I missed the launch box by a hair though :/

i got the cellceuticals neocell, larocca lip stuff, bling tone eyeshadow in sp'ice'y, m.a.d youth transformative thingy, lift lab eye cream and joico k-pak.  pretty excited about it all.  i just recently got into doing something for myself each month and started with birchbox.  now i've got subs to that, beauty army and freaking julep.  oye vey...  it certainly is addictive.  

Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I am beyond bummed out because I was not near the computer during the actual launch on New Years day and by the time I got one all 300 original kits were sold out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However I have picked my samples and it says that my kit should ship in February or sooner! Here are my samples:

-NeoCell cellceuticals micro-resurfacing skin treatment (if this is as good as their collagen supplement pills I will be ecstatic!)

- Chella Anti-Fatigue eye mask (which I got in my last Test Tube and have fallen in love with)

-Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap deep pore cleanser

- SunFX body wash

-LaRocca skin care Pumpkin Fleur de Sel body polish

- MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone eye shadow in Diamonds & Pearls

I'm really excited and hoping I get it before Feb! I will always and forever be bummed that I missed the launch box by a hair though :/
i'm not really sure the first 300 get anything special.  beauty army is being super cryptic about that particular batch of kits.  i got one, but i'm really thinking they are just using those "inaugural" kits to test out their shipping system.  we're essentially their crash test dummies.

Originally Posted by allthingsaimee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm not really sure the first 300 get anything special.  beauty army is being super cryptic about that particular batch of kits.  i got one, but i'm really thinking they are just using those "inaugural" kits to test out their shipping system.  we're essentially their crash test dummies.
I was wondering about that because it seems like all of you that are getting the first kit are getting a lot of the same stuff that I had to choose from with my samples as well. It seemed kind of odd that it said that my box would ship by February OR before. It kinda seems like maybe they're just doing different "waves" of the first kit if that makes sense...

LOL, I think I've already spent $100 in the last week because of this place!!

Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering about that because it seems like all of you that are getting the first kit are getting a lot of the same stuff that I had to choose from with my samples as well. It seemed kind of odd that it said that my box would ship by February OR before. It kinda seems like maybe they're just doing different "waves" of the first kit if that makes sense...

Yeah, I think you're right about them sending it out in waves just so they have less of a chance of screwing something up and losing hundreds of subscribers before the next wave of products roll in.  The shipping is supposedly "First Class", but my box has been stuck in Nevada for the past 48 hours according to the tracking info.  Not sure if it's really still there or the tracking just stinks and it's closer than I think.  

My box will be here today. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by allthingsaimee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think you're right about them sending it out in waves just so they have less of a chance of screwing something up and losing hundreds of subscribers before the next wave of products roll in.  The shipping is supposedly "First Class", but my box has been stuck in Nevada for the past 48 hours according to the tracking info.  Not sure if it's really still there or the tracking just stinks and it's closer than I think.  
Don't use the tracking page they sent you. My box still is showing as being in Nevada as well but the USPS tracking page shows it's out for delivery today. Go to the link they sent you and under the tracking number above the reference number is what you want to copy and paste in the USPS tracking page.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

My box came and I didn't see anything "special" about it so I guess the "inaugural kit" simply means it's among the first 300. I have my blog entry up, it took forever since I'm having major router problems (since our ISP changed out our router we've had nothing but trouble) so I'm not going to post it here since it's pic heavy.

I will say the BooBoo cream left me VERY disappointed in the amount received.

Thats awesome it came so fast. I have 2 kits coming today. What a bummer about the cover up. I was looking forward to trying it.

I got my kit in the mail yesterday! I would post pics but I don't have a camera. I am in LOVE with my eyeshadow, it's so gorgeous and sparkly and I feel it compliments my skin tone. I haven't tried any of the other products yet. The black soap was a bit smaller than I thought it would be but still a decent sample size. Beauty Army was even courteous enough to send me another confirmation email (without my request) letting me know that my package would be arriving soon so I'd know to look out for it. I can't wait to pick out more goodies for next month. I wish they had a points system like bb

I signed just last week, but they are still sending me a January kit. It just shipped today, I'm really excited! 

Oops, I completely missed this group! I just got an email stating my BA box was on its way!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box came and I didn't see anything "special" about it so I guess the "inaugural kit" simply means it's among the first 300. I have my blog entry up, it took forever since I'm having major router problems (since our ISP changed out our router we've had nothing but trouble) so I'm not going to post it here since it's pic heavy.

I will say the BooBoo cream left me VERY disappointed in the amount received.

I too was quite shocked at the lack of product in that little container. I thought to myself, well gee there isnt even enough here to cover a boo-boo much less see how it heals one!

Latest posts

Back