NOTD: Sally Hansen's Flirt + Big Money- Sponging Mani

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Flirt as the base,  it's a nice rich burgundy color with a subtle tint of purple. It's a great color for fall or winter. The other color is also from Sally Hansen, its called Big Money and its from their Gem Crush line. Big Money is a fine gold glitter with large light purple glitter. It's gorgeous and the gold & purple glittermatches the burgundy nicely.

I decided to just use Big Money on the tips instead of over the whole nail so I used a regular makeup sponge and dabbed the glitter on the tips. Then went back a second time and dabbed the very top of the tips again so it would have that gradient/faded look but as you can see I failed at that part. lol. I need to practice that whole gradient look.

As if that wasn't enough, I was looking through my basket of endless nail gems, stickers, rhinestones, ect. I have so many that i forget about and hardly use. I found these little gold stars that I thought would look cool with the gold glitter. I placed two of them on my ring finger, nice little extra touch.

Here's a swatch of Sally Hansen's Gem Crush Big Money. You can see the large purple flex of gliter

Let me know what you guys think!!
xoxo

I love it!!!  Very creative and unique.

When my nail tech (now friend) did nails, she always put embellishments on my index fingers and ring fingers. I would let her do what ever she wanted. She was quite creative. I had tons of pics of her designs on my nails, on MySpace. Since I had not logged on to MySpace in over a year, I lost all those pics (my computer died). *sad face*

Very pretty!! You did an awesome job, that shade of polish is gorgeous and it looks great with the glitter tips!

Thanks everyone for you sweet comments!!!! I'm glad you like them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I haven't posted a NOTD on here since then (which was only a little over a week ago) lol but it seems like forever...

I finally figured out how to do the water marbling technique. It definitely looks a lot easier than it is. I'm going to post the pictures tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))

Back