Fairest of all

Foundation for Snow White pale skin?

I'm wondering if a Korean brand of BB cream would work for those of you with super pale skin.

41MSrByoo4L._SS500_.jpg

MISSHA M BB Boomer (BB Cream)

$14.68 on Amazon.com

I've been wanting to try one for quite some time. I'm sure it would help, but I definitely need more coverage than this would provide. I'd ideally like to find a true foundation

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I'm wondering if a Korean brand of BB cream would work for those of you with super pale skin.

41MSrByoo4L._SS500_.jpg

$14.68 on Amazon.com

I use skin79. It doesn't really provide coverage as much as it even out my skin and provides a base. I'm lucky enough to not need much coverage. I've used a sample of Misha's BBcream and it was too dark but they have different colors and provided decent coverage and I've also tried Lioele water drop BBcream and I really didn't care for it but it definitely gives coverage.. You just need to do your research based on your skins needs and color. I did a lot of searching and ended up buying like 10 at once.. Skin79's is a favorite of mine.. Garnier is coming out with a drugstore BBcream this year I'm beyond excited to try!

Megan - if you have very fair skin then what came out - well what's currently available by Gariner - won't work for you. I'm tracking the light/medium down since I own medium/deep and will have swatches of both up.

i'm still trying to find the perfect shade for my skin, too. so i know how frustrating it can be. anywho, i just purchased the foundation shade Geisha by Ben Nye, its a teensy bit too light / pink toned for me. (strange that my skin is pink AND yellow toned pale? idk) it could work for you. they have a pretty big range, a few types of foundations for sensitive / non-sensitive skin, plus the pots are big compared to drug store brands and the prices are pretty reasonable for the quality you get.

Megan - if you have very fair skin then what came out - well what's currently available by Gariner - won't work for you. I'm tracking the light/medium down since I own medium/deep and will have swatches of both up.

Ooh that's good to know! My obsession will do my wallet in.. xD

What about Detrivore or Morgana Cryptoria? My skin isn't this pale but I seem to remember seeing very pale shades when shopping on their websites. Have you checked those brands out? I've gotten nothing but great customer service from them, and I do mean great, and their shipping costs are very reasonable.

My skin looks pretty much like yours and I've had a terrible time finding foundation. The last time I was in London I was at Harrods and found a line called Dainty Doll, which is formulated for people with super pale skin. The PR says that it is made for redheads, but I think that's mostly because the ginger from Girls Aloud was their spokesperson/ helped formulate it. I've got super dark hair and the lightest color looks great on me. It's expensive, but well worth it- the color works and it's non-drying and the coverage is good, but not so heavy that I look like I'm wearing a mask.

Swatches: http://www.dreamsthatglitterxoxo.com/2011/12/dainty-doll-make-up-foundation-and.html

To buy: http://www.harrods.com/brand/dainty-doll/view-all

I've seen it pop up on ebay occasionally, too.

My blog. And it's not overexposed - it really was that white.  I was surprised, because it was not a 0, it was level 1. Abyssinian seemed "cooler" then Manx, the latter was a warm pale. And coverage was excellent as well.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins View Post

I found those pictures on a blog, so I have not tried that brand of makeup before myself. I just saw the swatches and got really excited!!

Ive used the MAC face and body in white to try and mix with my regular foundations and like you it broke me out pretty badly and just didnt look right. it was way too much coverage and looked like I had makeup on. I use lancomes waterproof concealer in porcelain1...its a little dark, but lighter than my undereye circles so I just apply it lightly. I dont currently wear any foundation because if the colors off even the slightest bit its so easy to tell. 

I just liked the meow cosmetics because the samples are so cheap you can order enough to find your right color AND they come in 3 coverages so you could get one thats not too heavy!

MUFE's alabaster is also nice, I just swatched it the other day, have not been able to blog about it yet.

I think I have gray undertone, like dust on the road. yellowish gray. very fair olives usually do the trick.

I have a question about those of you with uber white skin. Are you classified as a pink or yellow undertone because all of the lightest foundations I've seen on those with uber white skin tend to be too dark and too yellow or too pink. To me it seems as if you have more of a blue undertone than yellow or pink.

I am the exact same way. I have transparent-pale skin with bluish undertones.

Right now I'm wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in the Beige Rose, pretending like I don't have the bluish undertones. It's a little bit dark in terms of undertone, but it wears very light on the skin, so if I blend it well, I don't look like I'm wearing an orange mask.

Okay, just got Tarte's full coverage foundation in Fair, and I bet you would love it! One of the best snow white shades I've seen. Also got to look at Nyx 's HD liquid foundation. Their fairest shade has a pretty great undertone that may suit you as well, for a cheaper alternative.

Hi girls!!!

I'm sorry, This post got pushed like 30 down on my stream and I forgot to check it for a while icon_redface.gif

I have a small bit of good news!!!! My Local Ulta just rearranged their store and expanded a few companies product selections by a lot. Well I was walking past the newly expanded NYX section and something stopped me DEAD in my tracks.... it's their HD concealer and they looked PALE in the bottle. An employee was actually just putting them on the display and I grabbed the only one in the fairest color porcelain as fast as i possibly could. 

This is the bottle...My pics are cell phone quality, but the colors actually not far off from real life.

2012-02-07 13.33.15_crop.jpg

Swatched on my arm and then blended. The swatch color is very close to real life. 

2012-02-07 13.34.30.jpg

2012-02-07 13.36.02.jpg

SEE its a touch pink (damn you blue undertones), but a close match!!!!!! I'm seriously ready to throw a party!!! party.gif

I looked on NYX's site and i swear to you the swatches are SO much darker online...it does not even look like the same product. I looked at their liquid foundation selection and the coloring only starts at "nude" as well as the in store selection which is quite a bit darker than the ivories, porcelains, etc. I sent them an email asking if they had any products in the works that were a color match for the concealer, but I've yet to hear back. 

Cool, I thought that would work!! 

I honestly want to send you a sample of CARGO's #10 to see if it would work.  That stuff is incredible.  :)

I use the Missha M Perfect Cover when I get a little darker in the summer. I have shade 21.
It looks a little grey when you put it on, but give it about 2-5 minutes and it blends perfectly into your skin. I've found if I put a thin layer of this on, let it sit for a moment and then build, I can have almost full coverage. It gives a dewy look, so if you're oily i'd stay away. Since I have dry skin it works wonders for me. Unlike a lot of other foundations it doesn't cake. I use about a single pump as has a very creamy texture and blends easily.
Also since MACs NC15 is too dark, I usually buy their Face and Body in white or Illamasqua skin base in 01 and mix with whatever foundations I have.
It's kind of a pain to get the right consistency and color, but it's worth it.

41MSrByoo4L._SS500_.jpg

$14.68 on Amazon.com

I have that. Thats a primer. Love this under my bb cream. It does brighten the skin if you use it alone. 

I'm a Snow White as well. The closest match I've found is Missha Perfect Cover #13 (Bright Beige, in some places Milky Beige). It should definitely suit for the palest ones out there. It doesn't look pink or yellow on my face. And it matches my EXTREMELY pale skin quite perfectly.

The coverage is pretty okay, although I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has a really bad skin.

The 50ml tube costs about 9-10 GBP on ebay..

Here's a swatch (from some blog):

Obviously it gets lighter once you blend it in.icon_wink.gif

Also, here's a video (not mine) of the Missha #13: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9XdhwL9jY

Another BB cream I would recommend is BRTC Jasmine Water. It's slightly darker and pinker than the Missha one, but it has a bit better coverage and better ingredients. And it lasts longer. The 35ml tube costs around 11 GBP on eBay.

Here you can see the difference between Missha #13 and BRTC Jasmine Water (Missha: top left, BRTC: bottom right):

Where can I get samples from. I am always on a never ending quest for foundation. I think its ridiculous that the major cosmetic brands dont make them light enough.

That is true. But that is due to it's undertones, hence some major brands have tints and tones so that you can alter it's undertone. We had to use this technique on Mortal Instruments for the Vampire look. We used the lightest or palest MAC face and body foundation but it wasn't pale enough so we added a tint to pale it down further, the trick was to have 5 MUA's have the same shade of pale... Which was tricky when doing 200 bodies. This was troublesome, as we had to custom mix each batch to each person so that they would all look the same. We had 20 people with a deep olive overtones with warm yellow undertones that we had to pale down without them looking grey. Also the Key had to tweak each batch which resulted in some reapplications. We set everyone with baby powder.

• Like 2

Sorry, for bumping up an old topic, but it is still an issue and with so many new products having come out since, I thought we might have even more useful info.

I am very fair, naturally rosy cheeked, combination skinned with green eyes and naturally black hair. Since I am at opposite ends of the spectrum, using the brand's websites to find shade matches is pretty much impossible.

My complexion is lighter than MAC NW15/NC15 (in Studiofix) and I would consider myself to have a more of a blue undertone overall than pink or yellow, but since we're not taught that way and the industry doesn't use that term for foundations, finding the perfect product is really tricky. I think foundations considered "neutral" are the best match for me (when they run light enough); they neutralize redness without darkening my skin too much or leaving a white cast.

My fave powder formulas: LilyLoLo [Porcelain for Winter and China Doll for Summer] and Jane Iredale [ivory for Winter and Bisque for Summer] have been the best matches for me in terms of color, texture, coverage and non-irritating. (I also ordered some Meow samples, but haven't tried them yet. They look really promising though!)

My fave liquid formulas: Honestly, I haven't found an exact match, which I suppose is ok since I prefer powder anyway. I do like the texture and coverage of Revlon Colorstay, but I mix Ivory (which is slightly too pink) & Buff (which is slightly too yellow) to get the right shade for me. (It's a pain to do that and keeping it in a plastic travel bottle might somehow effect product stability, but barring any problems, that's what I do when I want to wear liquid foundation.) L'oreal True Match Lumi in W1 was their fairest shade on me (C1 was very ruddy), but it is just so-so... slightly too dark and makes me look "glowy," which most people would probably like, but I do not ;)

My fave BB Creams: Mizon Snail Repair is the best color match year round I have found and it is kindest to my skin. Missha in #13 is a good match color wise, but if I wear to it too often, I will start to get some blemishes. Skin 79 Orange Vita is also a good color match and easier on my skin than Missha. It offers the most coverage of any BB I have tried, but it is thick and some people don't care for that texture. I apply with a slightly damp sponge. There's some super helpful swatches of Asian BB Creams for pale girls here: http://snowwhiteandthepear.blogspot.com/2013/02/pale-girl-friendly-bb-cream-swatches-on.html. I am excited about Dr Jart, but not the price. I have not found a drugstore BB that I like yet.

Other: Sometimes, I just use setting powders instead of any foundation. Luckily, I have good skin most of the time, so that works when I just want a more finished/polished look and to avoid the possibility to shine. I'm not picky about those as long as they have little to no tint, don't cake and don't break me out. My fave is probably Revlon Colorstay Aqua Finishing Powder in Translucent/Light, though it has shimmer. :\

In case it's helpful, I just saw that FACE Atelier is on HauteLook today, and they have a white foundation that you can mix with any (water/silicone based) foundation to lighten it up. I'm seriously considering it.

Manic Panic makes a surprisingly good stark whit foundation in several forms.  Two of my favorites:

See:

http://www.blush.com/product_Supernatural+Creme+Foundation+-+Lily+White_41934.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/380911537658?lpid=82

Pretty affordable too....I use the dreamtone as a base then blend Illumasqe over it.

• Like 1

Didn't check to see if any one mentioned this, but the lightest shade of Rimmel Stay Matte. I always buy the lightest shade of foundation without checking it ... and this is the first foundation that has ever been too light for my near-translucent skin.

Bumping an old thread because my summer foundation is officially too dark/yellow now.

I'm thinking Missha's BB cream in #13 might be good for me, but I'm afraid it will be too dark. Can someone compare it to a foundation (i.e. lighter than Elf's porcelain or close to NC/NW#)?