Disappointed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooo..I've had my Naked 2 for less than a week and this happens...

...my YDK (which was already crooked) popped out completely. It's not a big deal....I can super glue it back, but what should I do? Email? Call UD? I noticed someone else had this same problem on the Naked 2 thread...but I thought I might get a faster response just starting a new one.

DEFINITELY email them.  That EXACT same thing happened to me.  It came to me with YDK crooked, then it popped out a couple weeks later.  I emailed them, and they sent me a BRAND NEW one.  They have amazing customer service, just email them the pictures too.

*I might be the one you are referring to at the end of your post... lol

Haha! You were!! I didn't know how that worked out for you..but I'm definitely going to email them now... Thanks!

No problem =)  I was amazed too, I got the new palette in the mail only 4 days after I emailed them.

Yeah, I just had to email them. The loose Zephyr shadow? Yeah, it came out. :/ WTF Urban Decay?

Yeah, my Missionary shadow in the BOS I just got also came out, but I had already planned on de-potting them and putting them in a more compact, travel friendly case, so I didnt bother emailing about it, since it actually helped me, lol.  But yeah... they need to work on their glue or something...

I hope you ladies are letting them know. Even if you don't want a replacement or plan on depotting please let them know so they can be aware and fix the problem. Other people may not want to depot their shadows or need a replacement because the shadow ends up damaged because of it. So please, please let them know. A simple, "hey just wanted to let you guys know that the ___ shadow from my ____ palette came unglued and popped out."

You are right.  After reading this thread, I did decide to email them, about the issue only.  I really do not want them to think they need to send me a new one because after already sending me a new Naked2 palette, I would feel soooo bad because they have been amazing.  This is what I wrote:

"Hello.  I just wanted to let you know, the Missionary shadow in my Book of Shadows I recently got also popped out of the palette.  I do not expect a replacement for this one, as I was planning on de-potting them anyway, I just thought it would be good to let you know that it seems like maybe the glue or storage or something could be worked on so that these shadows stop falling out of their palettes.  I know a few other people who have had it happen as well.  I am not complaining, nor do I expect a replacement because again, I was already planning on taking them out.  All I want is to let you know so that maybe it can be something your team can look into =) 
P.S.  I received my replacement Naked2 palette quickly and greatly appreciate your help."

Did that sound appropriate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you ladies are letting them know. Even if you don't want a replacement or plan on depotting please let them know so they can be aware and fix the problem. Other people may not want to depot their shadows or need a replacement because the shadow ends up damaged because of it. So please, please let them know. A simple, "hey just wanted to let you guys know that the ___ shadow from my ____ palette came unglued and popped out."

Yes, I did email them. I didn't about my brush in Naked 2 though. Guess I should have.

This happened to my Omen from the 15th Anniversary Palette, but since I got it from Sephora, I immediately went back and exchanged it to find that the one I exchanged it to had the exact same problem! I exchanged it about 5 times to get it right..

I just told them my YDK pan popped out and maybe they should look into the issue...I didn't mention anything about receiving a new palette. Would a new one be nice? Of course..but if I don't end up getting one I won't be crushed. After all, there isn't anything wrong with the actual product - just the packaging. A good super glue should take care of it!
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by bronwyn2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just told them my YDK pan popped out and maybe they should look into the issue...I didn't mention anything about receiving a new palette. Would a new one be nice? Of course..but if I don't end up getting one I won't be crushed. After all, there isn't anything wrong with the actual product - just the packaging. A good super glue should take care of it!
smilehappyyes.gif

Ok....maybe a little crushed.

Yeah, I never mentioned anything about wanting a new one either, just letting them know what happened, and their email back to me apologized and said they already had a new one on its way to me =)  Im sure they will also offer you a new one as well, but like you said, some super glue can make it all better too =)

Originally Posted by bronwyn2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smilehappyyes.gif

OMG. 5 times?! That is an extremely embarrassing quality issue!  I feel like you should have been compensated extra $ for all the time you spent on bringing it back in and exchanging it 5 times!  These palettes already carry a significant price tag, they shouldn't also require lots of time and effort just to get one that isn't defective.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This happened to my Omen from the 15th Anniversary Palette, but since I got it from Sephora, I immediately went back and exchanged it to find that the one I exchanged it to had the exact same problem! I exchanged it about 5 times to get it right..

Yeah, it was different colors each time. The last two was pretty much almost popped out, but not fully popped out. I mean, I love UD and their eye shadows, but they always bring me so much trouble with it!

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG. 5 times?! That is an extremely embarrassing quality issue!  I feel like you should have been compensated extra $ for all the time you spent on bringing it back in and exchanging it 5 times!  These palettes already carry a significant price tag, they shouldn't also require lots of time and effort just to get one that isn't defective.

They emailed me today saying they are sending me a new BOS4. That is nice, but they really need to get it right in the first place. This is happening way too much for it to just be one minor oopsie.

The other day when I went to Sephora, they replaced the BOS4 display back with the BOS3 so I was pretty much like, wtheck? & then I just noticed on Sephora's website they brought the BOS3 back, which is $54, the price it's been for the past year and 4 months. I definitely love the BOS3 more, but my favorite will always remain the BOS2.

Latest posts

Back