Garnier's New BB cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m really excited to try this!!! My only issues per usual are the lack of available colors. Most brands have a "fair/light" option, but "light/medium" are the lightest for these 
plain.gif

It's actually been out for a month. There are two shades: Light/medium and medium/deep. I bought medium/deep and it's too dark. I went to exchange at the Walgreens I bought it at and it was sold out so I'm stuck with the medium/deep for now.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember posting a photo of it a month ago https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/81187/korean-makeup-trend-bb-cream/60#post_1815216 and it seemed like it was in stores already, but I never looked for it. It's coming out in feb? 

I'm just going by a FB post that I saw from Birchbox. Zadi is right though, it's out already. I've been checking online to check the availability at stores around me and it's pretty must sold out everywhere. I was gonna get the medium/deep. I dont see though how someone is a medium can wear the same as someone who is deep. I will find out though.

Zadi, how do you like it other than it being too dark?

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gifZadi, how do you like it other than it being too dark?

Retail price: $12.99

I found it to go on smoothly like any other silicone primer, which btw this does contain silicone in it, but there is a slight off-putting odor to it. Well it's off-putting to me since my Korean BB cream from Skin79 doesn't have an odor.  I didn't find it to hydrate my skin at all even with a moisturizer underneath nor did it brighten my skin but I think that was more due to it being the wrong shade. I have to disagree with the "instant perfection" part of the advertising since my skin look relatively the same with it as it did without.

I'll have to try the light/medium to see if that's better and like my Korean BB cream I'll probably have to mix it with my liquid foundation to get it to work for me or use it as a primer to my mineral foundation.

Would I buy this again? Um, maybe. Exchanging it doesn't count does it? I'm not completely sold on Gariner's BB cream at this time but I've only used it once and just by itself over moisturizer so maybe if I work with it more it'll grow on me. Hopefully the light/medium is better suited for me than the medium/dark which is too dark.

It really sucks that they only have 2 shades...I really want to try it, but I'm sure medium/deep will be waaaaay too light for me. *Sigh* Any suggestions??

Looking at your beautiful skintone in that pic I can say the medium/deep is too light. You can still try it mixed into a foundation and see if that will work but on it's own it's too light.

Umm silly question but what is BB Cream? I keep seeing it posts on BB cream but I have no idea what it really does?

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Umm silly question but what is BB Cream? I keep seeing it posts on BB cream but I have no idea what it really does?

Blemish Balm, I had to look it up a week or so ago because I had the same question haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Supposedly it is like a tinted moisturizer that helps your skin look better or something like that.

Edited to add more info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From my blog. The blog entry was rather long but I figured the only thing of interest is the actual part about what it is.

Wing Law (aka DivaMakeupQueen) is currently in Hong Kong visiting family and just blogged about seeing her mom use BB cream by Dr. Jart and was impressed by it. I believe the one Wing bought from the Dr. Jart line was the Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Most Moist Bb Cream Blue Label SPF 27 PA++ 50ml ($30.99 + $3.99 shipping at Amazon.com). I've been reading around various blogs on BB cream and decided to check it out for myself.
If you do a Google search on BB Cream you'll find various articles about it. BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm Cream and originates from "Germany as an ointment dermatologists would prescribe to patients who have undergone laser skin surgery for its soothing and skin-regenerating properties." (From Squidoo.)

As I mentioned above, I've decided to check it out for myself and went online to see if Yes Style or Amazon.com sold it. I ended up ordering Skin79 BB Cream Miniature Mini Set (Black) 5gx4 through Amazon.com and will post a review once I get and use it.

I ended up paying only 23¢ out of pocket (OOP) because I had previously earned Amazon.com gift cards through Swagbucks. So I won't feel too bad if I end up not liking this product :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Other Articles/Links: Squidoo article

Wikipedia article

BB Cream Queen

From Head To Toe BB Cream Review

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looking at your beautiful skintone in that pic I can say the medium/deep is too light. You can still try it mixed into a foundation and see if that will work but on it's own it's too light.
Haha, Thanks! I think I'll just wait and see if any other brands pick up on the BB cream trend..hopefully there will be a wider selection of shades.

I am so over the BB cream thing, and I can't stand Garnier products. They just don't work for me.

Well I've been to two different RiteAids, three different Walgreens, two Super Walmarts and even Fred Meyer and NO freaking BB cream in light/medium. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I found only at one Walgreens the medium/deep shade but not light/medium. So frustrating. :|

Update: I found the light/medium! I went to the crappy Walmart and across the street is another Walgreens, one I RARELY go to and I found the LAST one. So tomorrow, hopefully since I'm so bad at actually getting swatches done, I should be able to get the swatches done. Hopefully. lol

Latest posts

Back