FOTD January 13, 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gave all of your suggestions lots of consideration and I made some adjustments to my eyebrows.  I'm still not 100% happy because I think I just need lots more practice with it and my natural eyebrows need to fill in in some areas and I need to trim back in others.  I think after a few weeks of allowing them to fill in and reshaping the look will be more natural.  But at least now I  have an idea of what direction I need to go in.  I just need to get my arch placement down and have some patience (which is not my strongest suit)!

Eyes:

NYX Eyebrow Kit with Stencils - For Brunettes

Wet N Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette

Wet N Wild Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Blackest Black

Cheeks:

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Lips:

NYC Smoochproof Long-Wearing Lip Color - 481

I'm still in love with your natural brow the best but as a side note, I love the color of you shirt against your face. It really brightens your face!

I played with my new make up palette! I went with purple today!

I used a lilac color on the base and an eggplant on the outer corner and into the crease. Then I did a beige shadow as a highlight under the brow. I also used the eggplant to go under my eyes a bit, first time I've done that. Not sure how I like it. I also play with my eyebrows a bit, made them a bit darker.

So please tell me what you think, good or bad! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm here to learn! 

So here is a list:

MAC Untitled Eye shadow primer

e.l.f eye shadow

Almay Intense i-color liquid liner in black

MAC Beauty Marked eye shadow over liner to soften line

MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara

Cover Girl Exact Eyelights eyeliner (lower waterline)

Revlon Color Stay Brown (eyebrow)

Revlon Copper Glaze Brown Lipstick

It seriously took me like an entire year to get my brow shape just the way I liked it. For a beginner your doing a fantastic job!!!

I'm not sure if this might help you the same with it did for me, But my face is so tiny that the stencils just never worked. I literally got an eyeliner pencil held the start point up against the side of my nose, and drew out these spots on my face to see where to try and place my arch, end and start my brow, etc. Then I just started playing around until I liked what I saw :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave all of your suggestions lots of consideration and I made some adjustments to my eyebrows.  I'm still not 100% happy because I think I just need lots more practice with it and my natural eyebrows need to fill in in some areas and I need to trim back in others.  I think after a few weeks of allowing them to fill in and reshaping the look will be more natural.  But at least now I  have an idea of what direction I need to go in.  I just need to get my arch placement down and have some patience (which is not my strongest suit)!

Eyes:

NYX Eyebrow Kit with Stencils - For Brunettes

Wet N Wild Blue Had Me At Hello Palette

Wet N Wild Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Blackest Black

Cheeks:

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Lips:

NYC Smoochproof Long-Wearing Lip Color - 481

ok so this is my 1st time posting a face hope I did this right:

I only did my eyes.. thats what I usually do anyways..

if the lettering is too small:

For Face: I used trublend minerals by CoverGirlI #415

For Eyes: the eyeliner I used is from CoverGirl as well called "Midnight black"

I need to expand on my makeup lol I started fresh this year so I basically have nothing.

The eyeshadow is an Icing makeup kit unfortunatly it didn't have color names or numbers :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

this was gifted to me by my lil sister ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I circled the colors I used

End result.. Sorry quality of photo and lighting sux I know.. I used my webcam. also I just put my eyeshadow over my trublend minerals. I don't have any primer at the moment.

You did great!!! Thanks for posting!  I like your look and I've tried some makeup from Icing before - the Flaunt Beauty line.  Some of it is really nice.  Looks like you got a great palette!

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok so this is my 1st time posting a face hope I did this right:

@Pancua - Girl, you are rocking that red lip!!!

@Amber - Thanks!  I'm glad you posted that diagram, I had totally forgotten about those.  I'm going to practice more this weekend using that.  I really think if I lay off the tweezers for a while and let my brows grow in the right areas I won't feel so self concious about my brows looking "drawn on".

You did great!!! Thanks for posting!  I like your look and I've tried some makeup from Icing before - the Flaunt Beauty line.  Some of it is really nice.  Looks like you got a great palette!

Thanks so much! and I love your look!

I've always wanted to try drawing my eyebrows so they would stand out more and look sharper but too afriad to try. 

I just realized I forgot to put on mascara but after all I'm not going anywhere so lol 

on my lips I usually just put chap stick or lip gloss but didn't put any on since I been drinking coffee to keep up with my lil 9 month old haha

i didn't know icing sold any makeup at all! that's really cool

and jean, i kind of like your day 2 brows but i'm really partial to super archy brows as mine don't arch on their own at all so i like to fake it and fake it alot LOL. but yea i think the arch looks great on you.

here is mine...i've been going a lil understated lately just to get the makeup on cuz i'm still not feeling so hot alot of days and can't sit and do makeup for hrs like i used to lol.

Mary Kay luminous foundation, Covergirl powder foundation, CS 6 blush contour palette for highlight and contour

NYX jep in cottage cheese, 120 palette (kermit green-lid, shimmer banana-crease, ivory-brow bone, matte black-wet as liner upper and lower), maybelline greatlash mascara

bobbi brown blush in pink rose

BE pretty amazing lipgloss (full color!) in Moxie

oh! Love the green! I need to work on my contouring I get lazy and put the mineral foundation and i'm out lol  

I realized I really need to tweeze my eyebrows but I can't find my tweezer! Ahhhhh 

hahahaha i can't not highlight and contour because first i have a round face and second i've put on a lil weight which just makes my face rounder LOL

if ya need any tips i have plenty ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Pancua - Girl, you are rocking that red lip!!!

@Amber - Thanks!  I'm glad you posted that diagram, I had totally forgotten about those.  I'm going to practice more this weekend using that.  I really think if I lay off the tweezers for a while and let my brows grow in the right areas I won't feel so self concious about my brows looking "drawn on".

I feel your pain....I'm a natural blonde so my eyebrows are so sparse and light naturally that you can barely see them. I hate having to fill them in every day, but after I got the hang of it it made a world of difference in my overall appearance.

These are my natural brows vs. being filled in with brow gel and powder (forgive the silly lip tattoo) >.<

@Xina - So pretty!  I'm so glad to see you back on FOTD.  I've missed you!  Thanks so much for your input.  I love the look of a high arch brow and have always wanted to try it.  I finally worked up the courage and I'm not giving up until I get it down pat! hahahaha

@Amber - First, I LOVE the lip tattoo!!!  Second, it really does make a difference in a eye look to have the eye framed well.  Some folks are blessed with a naturally shaped and color brow that does that for them.  I feel like I need more help.  Mine can be a bit patchy and want to just go straight across with almost no shape.  The little bit of curve they have is because I put it there, LOL.  I agree, your eyes pop more with your brow darkened a bit.

@Amber - First, I LOVE the lip tattoo!!!  Second, it really does make a difference in a eye look to have the eye framed well.  Some folks are blessed with a naturally shaped and color brow that does that for them.  I feel like I need more help.  Mine can be a bit patchy and want to just go straight across with almost no shape.  The little bit of curve they have is because I put it there, LOL.  I agree, your eyes pop more with your brow darkened a bit.

Well I think you have really pretty eyes naturally, but like you said some of us can just use a wee bit of help to frame the eyes a bit better. I'm sure if you just keep taking a swing at it every day you'll be giving us pointers in no time :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

jean: good for you! i have a tip if it helps use a wide or thick angled brush first to get on the right amount of thickness to the brow that you want, then go in with a thinner angled brush like something you would use for eyeliner to perfect the shape that you want. i show the technique in my blog at www.skinbeautysoul.blogspot.com and it's pretty well shown in the picture tutorial called "goth makeup tutorial fun" the second blog on the page where i do flourescent eyeshadow and black lips ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xina751 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahahaha i can't not highlight and contour because first i have a round face and second i've put on a lil weight which just makes my face rounder LOL

if ya need any tips i have plenty ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

girl tips are always good ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

friday's makeup: maybelline dream nude airfoam

cheeks: stila illuminating powder bronze & mac hang loose mineralize blush duo

eyes: covergirl perfect point plus eyeliner & loreal false lashes mascara

lips: revlon lip butter berry smoothie

Back