Can you do a make up tutorial for men?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well most tutorials are done by various individuals. I know Karren might be able to do one if she so inclines to do so. I'll pass this thread on to her and see what she says.

Sorry..... Really wish I could but I'd have to give up playing ice hockey to free up any time to do one.... and that's not going to happen! lol There are some great transformation tutorials out on youtube.... I'll see if I can locate a couple....

Petrilude would be best to watch since he has some pretty amazing skill to transform from a man to woman. EnKore also is known to do drag however if drag makeup is not what you're seeking can you clarify what it is you're looking for?

i would like to just be able to look more femamin but without looking like a clown, i wear female clothes most of the time i do not try to pass as a woman just a man in a skirt but to be able to put on makeup without going over the top would be great.

regards Paulie

Do a search for "makeup tutorials for men" on Youtube. You should be able to find some videos that will assist you in creating the look that you want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Awesome. I'm not a man so I can't help 100%, but I'm always for more men in the world using makeup so here's my suggestions.

I'm a little surprised that tutorial didn't mention tinted moisturizer or BB creams (I find Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer provides the most buildable coverage and comes in the widest range of shades). Those would be great for guys! Just find one in your color and apply it like a regular moisturizer. If you want something a bit fancier, you could use those over a decent primer such as Benefit's POREfessional, or get a natural finish foundation (Urban Decay's Naked Skin almost looks and feels like you have nothing on, UNLESS you have dry skin).

You could also groom your eyebrows with clear or maybe even tinted brow gel (elf makes really cheap, decent ones - a dollar each) and, if you're struggling with dark undereye circles, use a bit of eye brightener like Smashbox's Photo Op Undereye Brightener or L'Oreal's MagicLumi.

Out of all the mascara's I've used, Perfekt's Lash Perfection Gel provides the best color and enhancement without looking like true mascara. Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes! does serve as a decent mascara but it never clumped on me so it's right there on the line between "I'm wearing mascara" and "faking that my lashes are just naturally spectacular".

And, if you want color... You can't go wrong with lip and cheek tints. Perfect if you don't want to reapply.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back