Great Highlighters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Helllooo! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone know of any good highlighters for cheeks? I'm looking for something that would look lovely above bronzer. 

I'm a benefit kind of girl, and I was looking at 'Watts Up', but if anyone knows of any other good highlighters from another

makeup brand then feel free to tell me. It could even be a drugstore brand, I don't care. I'm just looking for a good one! 

My favorite at the moment is Elf's Luminous  Bronzing Powder.   It's a shimmery off whiteish/light beige color and it's shimmery and it only costs 1 buck

Benefit Watt's Up seems to have great reviews at Sephora. I haven't tried it though. I bought a Chanel highlighting powder a few years back and it was wonderful. It was just the right amount of highlighting without being too much. My skin looked flawless. It was pricey but big and lasted for a long time. I bought a bronzer at the same time from Chanel and it was a limited edition quad bronzer with a highlighter built it. It was the best looking bronzer I have ever used. The result was natural and not too shimmery. It was just really pretty. I wish I could get it again.
frown.gif

Have you tried Highbeam by Benefit?

I really like the color.

I got something at Sephora called the Legally Bronze kit and for $40 you get a full sized Highbeam, Hoola Bronzer, Bad Gal mascara and some eye highlighter. Everything was full sized and retails for about $30 each so the deal is really good.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like the color.

I got something at Sephora called the Legally Bronze kit and for $40 you get a full sized Highbeam, Hoola Bronzer, Bad Gal mascara and some eye highlighter. Everything was full sized and retails for about $30 each so the deal is really good.

Is the eye highlighter the under eye one?

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like the color.

I've seen High Beam before, and I have also seem Moon Beam. I didn't know which one was better! But, thank you for your input, I will check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the eye highlighter the under eye one?
It's not, it's an inner corner and brow highlight called Gilded. I think it could either be exclusivly for the set or not sold anymore because I tried to find the price when I first bought the kit but couldn't find it anywhere. I find it's better as an eyeshadow base because it's gold toned and I personally think it's too noticeable under the brow.

Watt's Up is on my wishlist! It looks so gorgeous. Some of my faves are:

NARS Copacabana

TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer

Too Faced Candlelight

I use Benefit Highbeam  find it gives a nice lift to the cheek bones also can use it under the brow bone and even on my nose, real holy grail product for me

Sue

Originally Posted by Tulipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Helllooo! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone know of any good highlighters for cheeks? I'm looking for something that would look lovely above bronzer. 

I'm a benefit kind of girl, and I was looking at 'Watts Up', but if anyone knows of any other good highlighters from another

makeup brand then feel free to tell me. It could even be a drugstore brand, I don't care. I'm just looking for a good one! 
Go to Sephora and try Watts Up, I'm in love with it. It blends in really well for a cream highlighter

Another recommendation for HighBeam! I love it! I apply it everywhere the sun would hit, outer corners of my eyes, cheekbones, between my brows, cupid's bow and right down the center of my nose. Then blend, blend, blend! I like a dewey look.

LadyGrey, I was checking out the TheBalm's Mary Lou Manizer, that was literally second on my list :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for great suggestions..i'll check them out! 

Also, Sun Beam is the newest highlighter for Benefit it seems..

Lilyelement, I have :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's amazing, i'm really contemplating all these great highlighters! haha

Does anyone know how long the highlighters for Benefit will last you? Both on your face and the product itself?

I just like to use a highlighter on the top parts of my cheek above bronzer. 

For golden sheen highlighting I love Nars Albatross or Mac's vanilla pigment. For a cheap natural drugstore I love NYX mosiac powder in Highlighter. It has a slightly whitening effect but when used it gives a natural highlight effect without shimmer.

I personally don't like anything made by Benefit, including Highbeam. Stila has a liquid highlighter with a brush like Highbeam that's far better IMO. Its called the 'all over luminizer' and comes in different shades. I got #1 and have been very happy with it. It works well on its own or mixed with liquid/cream blushes like Makeup Forever's HD pump dispensed blushes, as well as on the lips, brow-bones, cupids bow and inner corners of the eyes. Other really good ones are Fyrinnae's powder highlighters. I ordered samples of the pink and yellow ones and love them both. They're a super creamy feeling powder, seem to be very finely milled, with no sparkle to them, just a beautiful, satiny sheen. They come in 3 shades, are the most natural looking highlighters I've run across so far and can be used anywhere on the face. I love them so much, especially after getting stuck with duds like 2 of Bobby Brown's shimmer bricks, that I'm going to order them full sized once they open up again. They really are beautiful. I also got samples of their matte bronzers and like them quite a bit. They're very natural looking, just like their highlighters. It still amazes me that it's GUYS making their products.

Oh wow Satojoko! Thanks! I have never heard of any of those... i'll be looking into those as well. The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Sticks are they available online? 

I am still in the market for the perfect highlighter.

I like Benefits Highbeam but if you use too much it can make you very shiny and "oily" looking if thats the right word. It can also sit in any fine lines and wrinkles "highlighting" them. So be sure to blend it.

HI, yes. I find Benefit moon beam and High beam are superb products. I use it all the time when I go out. Its a great Red Carpet look. smooth non residue formula that stays on all night. also.

hope this helps.

jess

A friend bought Watt's Up, and now that I've seen it in person I'm going to have to say go for it! It's a gorgeous, healthy, champagne glow. I think Temptalia has pictures up, and it looks great.

My favorite highlight is actually discontinued I believe (or at least I haven't been able to find it) which makes me so sad because when I run out I will cry :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I use The Body Shop's Duo Glo in Salvador Blush. It is amazing. 

what sort of consistency are you looking for in a highlighter (e.g. cream, liquid, powder)? are you fine with glitter, or would you prefer something with a really fine shimmer? do you want something with a more golden, white, or pink undertone?

I personally prefer powder highlighters, since my blush and bronzer are powders too. they're usually very shimmery, but I feel like you have better control in terms of pigmentation. MAC's soft and gentle skinfinish is gorgeous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. although they're not as glittery as powdered highlighters, liquids like benefit's high beam and moon beam definitely have glitter--if you spread them out too thin, you end up with mostly glitter and no pigmentation (like here, around the edges). both types are lovely, I think it just depends on what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back