Birchbox wishlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What would you like to see in your upcoming Birchboxes? What don't you want?

I think I'd like mascara, masques (one time or a few uses is absolutely fine in this instance, with masques you can usually tell if you're going to like it right away), more nail polish, hair care and shower gels. As far as brands, I'd like to see cult stuff I haven't tried- Lush, Models Own, Jane Iredale.

What I don't want? Perfume samples, foundations/ concealers (it's so hard to find the right color, and it seems like a waste of money for them to even bother), and Larabars.

I would love to see: perfume, shampoo/conditioner, eye cream, more Pangea organics, body lotion (I really want to try the Jouer body butter), lip gloss/lip balm, soap/shower gel, hand lotion, face/eye masks

I don't want to see: mascara, eyeliner, concealer/foundation, eye shadow

I'd love more make up.  Skincare is alright, but I prefer make up.  I'd really like to get more eyeshadow/mascara/lipsticks.  And I do love getting full sized items of any kind!

What I don't want...Perfume samples.  I don't like most perfume.

I dont want: Perfume(I'm scent sensitive and they all reek), any food items(that 'wichcraft granola was awful and I signed up for beauty products not food).

It would be nice if they did a box like this: a makeup item, a face item, a hair item, and a body item(like an eyeshadow, masks/facial scrubs/cleansers/moisturizers, shampoo/styling aid/condtioner/mask, a body scrub/lotion/treatment). just a nice well rounded box.

I wouldnt even mind if the colors didnt fit me, I can always use gift items. 

I want a little bit of everything.. except maybe perfume and food items. I havent been a subscriber long, I just got my first box this month but I was not disappointed. I will give it a few more months before I subscribe for a year. We will see how it goes. I also subscribed to MyGlam and Im excited to get my first box.

More makeup and more Origins in full sizes or pretty big deluxe sizes. Gosh, I love Origins. I would really like to see less perfume (I have soooo many samples!) and no more weird little food items. I still haven't eaten my Lara bar from the last box!

I agree with most of you that I do not want perfume and I do not want food. 

If you buy anything from like sephora or ulta you're probably already swamped with perfume samples like I am so I'd rather see something else in its place in my birchbox. 

Don't get me wrong, I still use the perfume but I'd rather have something different. 

I'd also like to see more makeup for sure. 

I agree with most of you that I do not want perfume and I do not want food. 

If you buy anything from like sephora or ulta you're probably already swamped with perfume samples like I am so I'd rather see something else in its place in my birchbox. 

Don't get me wrong, I still use the perfume but I'd rather have something different. 

I'd also like to see more makeup for sure. 

I gave mine to a coworker. Not my thing. I have tried a few of those bars and they are all gross. Tastes better if you just make your own granola bars. Cheaper too.  

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

More makeup and more Origins in full sizes or pretty big deluxe sizes. Gosh, I love Origins. I would really like to see less perfume (I have soooo many samples!) and no more weird little food items. I still haven't eaten my Lara bar from the last box!

I havent tried any Origins products.. but I read on here how everyone loved the Frothy Face cleanser this month. I was actually thinking about buying it along with the night cream I got in my box this month. But I  dont like to buy things before trying them.. Thats why I love samples!

The checks and balances cleanser is ahhh-mazing! I typically use purity made simple by philosophy, but this stuff is giving it a run for it's money. It smells really great, and it leaves my face feeling refreshed and squeaky clean. Plus, you really don't need to use much at all to get your entire face clean, so I think the deluxe sample I got from BB will last for ages.

I agree completely.  I haven't even used my Purity Made Simple since trying the checks and balances.  I even used my points for a full size. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The checks and balances cleanser is ahhh-mazing! I typically use purity made simple by philosophy, but this stuff is giving it a run for it's money. It smells really great, and it leaves my face feeling refreshed and squeaky clean. Plus, you really don't need to use much at all to get your entire face clean, so I think the deluxe sample I got from BB will last for ages.

I still use my Purity Made Simple to remove makeup and wash my face at night, but I might get some Checks and Balances for in the shower and morning face washing--it's so darn refreshing!

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree completely.  I haven't even used my Purity Made Simple since trying the checks and balances.  I even used my points for a full size. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup and nail polish. I don't mind food items because I'm on a no-junk-food-buy. If it comes to me in the mail, I can't say no! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Minus Girl Scout cookies recently, but my niece is a first time Girl Scout so I HAD to help her!) I also wouldn't mind hair stuff, because I'm a hair n00b. Bubble bath would be nice too!!

I have about a billion perfume samples from Sephora.. and that's after I gave about 1/2 of my sample stash to my SIL recently. Plus I get migraines and most perfumes give me them. I did find out that DKNY's Be Delicious does NOT, so I bought a huge bottle of that on eBay. No need for perfume, besides, you can get those free anywhere.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What would you like to see in your upcoming Birchboxes? What don't you want?

I think I'd like mascara, masques (one time or a few uses is absolutely fine in this instance, with masques you can usually tell if you're going to like it right away), more nail polish, hair care and shower gels. As far as brands, I'd like to see cult stuff I haven't tried- Lush, Models Own, Jane Iredale.

What I don't want? Perfume samples, foundations/ concealers (it's so hard to find the right color, and it seems like a waste of money for them to even bother), and Larabars.
Do you have a Lush near you? If so, you should try their cold face masks. I LOVE the cupcake one. (Side note, their expiration dates are full of it. I've had a tub of cupcake in my fridge for over a year and there's no mold and it still smells/looks like it did when I bought it) They don't ship them though because they're supposed to stay cold (they have 'em in a fridge, and also on ice in the store). They give samples in-store too, but the last couple times I've gone they were stingy and didn't give me anything.
icon_evil.gif

I would LOVE to see an eyelash conditioner/growth serum. That is something I'm very interested in but I cannot afford to buy it without knowing that it will work.

I'd like to try a BB cream, a hand cream with spf, eye cream or maybe a lip & cheek tint. I'd also like to see some Tarte amazonian clay products and some products by Pacifica.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd like to try a BB cream, a hand cream with spf, eye cream or maybe a lip & cheek tint. I'd also like to see some Tarte amazonian clay products and some products by Pacifica.

I absolutely LOVE Pacifica! My favs are Mango Grapefruit, Hawaiian Ruby Guava, and Tuscan Blood orange!

I'd like:  eyeshadows, mascaras, eyeliners, most makeup in general, perfume samples, bath bombs/bath products that smell good, and I don't mind skincare as long as the sample is large enough for me to really tell if it's going to work for me or not.

I don't want:  foundation/concealer, bronzer, most haircare items (my hair is fussy).

As far as brands go, I'd LOVE to try anything by Philosophy or Lush.  I also like lesser known brands, as long as the product is quality!

(BTW, I'd be happy to take any perfume samples off of your hands, everyone. LOL. I don't live anywhere near a Sephora or Ulta and my access to trying new scents is super limited, so I love the perfume samples!! )

I'd like to see moisturizers, exfoliants, cleansers, serums, eye creams, sunscreen, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, beauty balm, lip products, sulfate-free shampoos, hair serums, paraben-free lotions, more natural stuff in general, and "lifestyle" products that are relevant to frequent travelers (did I mention that I would have loved the SuperSmile in lieu of the nail file?)  I'd be happy to receive a skincare item in every box. 

I don't particularly want nail polish, nail polish remover, nail files, stick on make-up, foundation, or perfume.  I just don't use nail products at home, and foundation and perfume are way too individualized to work well in a sample box. 

Back