Looking for advice on Foundation/Powder combos.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there!

im 23 and looking for a bit of help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i have combination/oily skin. I used to have a moderate amount of acne, as most teens do, but have since mostly cleared up (just the rare breakout due to hormones)

i mention this because i need to be able to comfortably cover some scars that have been left.

I used to use Revlon ColourStay and powder, and i love it!... that is until about 2 hours later, where i feel very oily in the T-zone, and i feel i look like the powder has kind of sunken leaves me looking kind of cakey. I know this isnt a *wonderful* description but im trying lol.

i need something to cover up scars, and the occasional blemish, as well as something to leave me looking fresh, non-oily, and as flawless looking as possible.

let me know what you suggest!

thankies!

I'm sure other people can suggest cheaper alternatives, but what I have been using for a long time now is Laura Mercier's silk creme foundation and Make Up Forever's powder. I have really really oily skin, but I don't even need to use oil blotting pads because of this foundation, plus my skin is almost always clear now, it never was before. I had horrendous acne. So I don't know, for me it's worth the $42 every six months if it means that I'm going to have clear skin and no worries.

I have the same skin type as you, as well as the acne. Right now I'm swapping between Laura Geller's Balance N Brighten foundation (it's a powder but covers like a liquid). I will hit some concealer on trouble areas and then buff in the Balance N Brighten.

If you're dead set on the traditional foundation/powder route, I'm looving Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation right now. It doesn't cake and it's very lightweight. I set it with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (my HG powder! lol)

Try adding Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder under your liquid. That stuff is a miracle, soft as a cloud and sucks up oil all day long. It saved me from changing my normal routine. You can also use it to set foundation. Seriously amazing stuff! It also smoothes our pores really well. The only powder primer I've seen, totally transforms foundation.

^^Yep, try a primer, it can make a huge difference in your application and wear of foundation. Also, after applying your foundation, blot your face with a thin tissue ply to soak up any additional oils from the foundation itself, then powder.

Back