Argan Oil : The Many Uses For Moroccan Oil + Real Reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am about to buy some argan Oil for my hair. I am looking to get stronger, thicker and shiny hair. Has anyone tried argan oil and got these results? Would love some feedback before I purchased it.

I applied it straight to my hair at night and left on overnight. However, my skin seemed to get irritated, which is odd since its supposed to be wonderful for skin. I will try it again, now that I cut down on actives in my skin nighttime routine that might have really been causing the flakes and bumps I was getting.

I LOVE argan oil. It will NOT make your hair thicker, but it will help with damage and shine. I like to use it on my ends and let my hair air dry. It helps with frizziness since I dye my hair far more than anyone should. If you want a low commitment option sally beauty supply usually sells bottles for $6. If you like the results then maybe itll be worth the splurge to buy a purer form. 

If you do end up buying a purer form with no perfumes or anything you can use it as a face moisturizer, makeup remover, add it into your shampoos and conditioners, or like I do add it into your favorite cosmetics. Theres a line at sephora called Josie maran that are infused with argan oil, so I got the idea from them

Argan Oil is great, it's so versatile and you can use it for skin hair and nails.

For example:

• Apply two to four drops in the morning and evening to clean face and neck to moisturise skin.
• Apply daily to hands and body to restore moisture and alleviate dry skin.
• Apply two to four drops daily to nails and cuticles to strengthen nails and soften cuticles.
• Apply two drops or more to dry hair prior to shampooing or to clean, wet hair prior to styling.
• Apply two drops or more to your conditioner to soften and defrizz hair.
• Apply two drops or more to dry, styled hair to protect hair from harsh environmental factors.
• Mix equal parts of argan oil and lemon juice and soak for 10 minutes. This will not only soften your cuticles but also limit nail breakage.
• For an intensive hair treatment, to improve dry scalp, to restore dry damaged hair and add shine, apply a generous amount of oil to dry hair starting at the ends, then wrap in a warm towel and leave for 30 minutes or leave it overnight. Wash and style as usual.
• For dry scalp and dandruff, massage into the roots too. Repeat this once or twice a week for soft, smooth and glossy hair.
• To calm frizzy hair use a drop or two of the oil, rub palms together and scrunch into ends.

Make sure you you buy 100% Pure Argan Oil, some companies mix their argan oil with jojoba oil for example.

Mod note: link deleted

I love Argan oil in the hair.  My hair is normally dry and damaged yet once I put it on my damp hair and blow dry?  BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Its soft and not the least bit frizzy.  I use the Organix which you can find at any Walmart (its the cheapest there) as well as Walgreens, Target etc.

A few Months ago I started Using Moracoan oil,which has Argon Oil in it. I did See that if i Wash my Hair Everyday Its super smooth,and shines. But if i go a day or two without using it,Its no Different than using a Matrix Product.

Argan/ Moroccan oil contains primarily medium and long chain fatty acids, it can coat and protect the cuticle like any other oil or wax but it cannot penetrate and improve the condition of your hair. Instead try coconut oil. BTW what is beneficial for the face and what is best for hair are total opposites, the last thing you want happening to your nose pores is small fatty molecules from coconut oil entering and getting stuck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argan_oil

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlchemist-helps-us-understand-oils-and-butters?page=1

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/mineral-oil-versus-coconut-oil-which-is-better

Hey! Argan oil is truly a magical oil for hair and skin. I have recently used this oil on my hair and got really best result. Now, my hair has become lot more thick and dark. You can also use this for your hair but never apply this oil directly on your hair. It should be applied by mixing it to carrier or base oil. 

There's no reason besides expense to add a carrier oil to Argan oil, as it *is* a carrier oil. It's lovely and light, adding a carrier oil to it and then applying it to hair will likely just make your hair greasy.

As it is not an essential oil, unless you have an allergic reaction, using it straight or adding a few drops of essential oil, is the best way to reap it's benefits, especially on the scalp.   

I used Argan Oil on my hair a few months ago and it made it feel and look incredible!! I didn't want to spend a ton and buy another bottle but recently purchased a small half ounce which I am waiting to use. I think I will eventually give in and buy the giant bottle. QVC does have some value sets with it though...

I haven't found argan oil to thicken my hair, but it does seem to help with dry hair and split ends. Argan oil is not that expensive if you purchase a big bottle too!

(Argan Oil) Is incredible! Regardless of the fact that your hair has a tendency to make a case on the sleek side. Not just did I get sparkling solid hair, yet my skin looks incredible as well. My child uses it to control skin break out. I discovered that the more argan oil in the item the better the profits. Paying notably increasingly for the item with additional argan oil was worth the cost. It is so worth attempting!

It works great on my hair but I put it on my face for the first time last night and I was nervous. I wanna see if it has good changes in the next few days.

It worked for my hair for a few months, but then it seemed to get used to it? I use the Organix Argan Oil, and for about a month it was honestly a miracle product. 

I bleach my hair, so any moisture is brilliant. It made my hair shiny and smooth, and my ends felt newly-cut. But after about 5-6 months, it just seemed to not work anymore?

Not sure if I just wasn't noticing the change anymore because I was used to it, or my hair was just used to it and so it made no difference anymore.

I recently switched to pure coconut oil, for both my hair and skin, and it's pretty darn good. The tub I got was like under £3 from Superdrug and has lasted me since February (and I'm not even a quarter of the way done).

I'd recommend getting a smaller size if you're going to go for argan oil, just in case your hair gets used to it too. It can be really pricey if you buy large bottles (especially stuff like Moroccan Oil etc)

If you do get some, let us know how you got on!

I uses shampoo with biotin in it and it seems to make my hair thicker & stronger. I think biotin also helps my hair from thinning as to prevent baldness, so I kept using it. I uses Jason natural shampoo with biotin. For hair, I apply one or two drops of Argan oil on my palms and rub them together before applying on damp hair. It makes my hair shiny and easier to style. My hair usually dry and frizz. Sometimes I also apply Argan oil after I apply my conditioner & leave it for few min, before rinsing. This way, my hair doesn't look too oily after a day pass by. I also uses Argan oil on my face by mixing few drops of it with my moisturizer on my palm. For sensitive skin, it's better to mix with moisturizer when you about to use it. Using the oil itself directly on bare face skin can sometimes shock your skin. For body, it's ok. Also, it's not recommended to mix argan oil into your whole bottle of moisturizer because in case your moisturizer becomes spoil because of the mixing, you will be wasting both your precious moisturizer & oil. Better to mix them fresh everytime. That is what I do & my skin has been wonderful ever since using it this way. Btw, I uses Elova Essence Argan oil that I bought from Amazon website. Hope this helps!

I got a Jose Marin sample from Sephora and I absolutely love it. Use it on everything. It's magical!

Hey,

Its good, but some may get slight irritation. You can try it at your own risk.

I massage with it in night and then wash my hair in next day.

Amazing Product, I use the Josie Maran Line on face/hair and the Tarte line I mix w/ my lotions for my body. Ive gotten all mines in kits, and sub boxes ispy, BB, and and bb5 so its not as expensive and a lil goes a long way

Latest posts

Back