Julep Maven January Box Review

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was my first box with Julep Maven. I was really shocked how quickly they got a box out to me. I had signed up just a few days before and wasn't expecting a box until Feb.

I got two samples: a hand scrub and a hand cream. I got a full size moisturizer and two nail polishes. I absolutely loved the hand scrub, it did a very good job on exfoliating the skin on my hands without feeling overly abrasive, it rinsed clean and didn't leave any real scent behind. Coupled with the hand brightener and I couldn't stop touching my hands all day. They were incredibly soft and kept their moisture which is something I noticed throughout the day as I struggle with constantly having to put lotion on my hands due to them drying out and getting tight/painful. 

I was really looking forward to using the nail polish even if I really don't care for the color of pink. Unfortunately, it didn't quite hold up to my expectations. The pink one was fine, it's just not a color I really like on my hands but I may be able to live with it on my toes. The purple was very thick coming out of the bottle, so much so that the shaft that holds the brush is thick with nail polish. I kept having to wipe it down so it wouldn't spill over the side. 

I like the color and if I can figure out a way to work with it, it could be a good base for a nail art design. 

So I think it's safe to say this was a pretty good experience for my very first subscription service and I look forward to next month's box.

Unfortunately some of their polishes are thicker than others. I forget which one of mine was like that, but I ended up putting some of their clear topcoat into it to thin it out some, and now it works great. 

Sallys has a thinner that is supposed to work really well too, that others have mentioned using in their Julep polishes that were super thick like that. 

Nice Review. =] 

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately some of their polishes are thicker than others. I forget which one of mine was like that, but I ended up putting some of their clear topcoat into it to thin it out some, and now it works great. 

Sallys has a thinner that is supposed to work really well too, that others have mentioned using in their Julep polishes that were super thick like that. 

Nice Review. =] 
Thanks!

I have a bit of an issue having to "doctor" a product, especially at the tune of $20 a month. Especially when I can spend the exact same amount and get a product I really love (Zoya).

It's good to know though, I may try that with the two Julep polishes I have currently

I dunno, I've gotten really thick nail polishes in other brands too. I think it's just a fluke in the formula sometimes. It must happen frequently enough, or else they wouldn't sell polish thinner in the beauty supply stores like they do. 

It's annoying for sure, but I really don't think it's any one brand in particular. But I know what you mean. I would let Julep know that the bottles you got had excessively thick product though. They've been really nice to others who said that their was like that, there was one in particular, their glitter topcoat, that people had a lot of problems with. They replaced bottles of it with new ones that they made sure were not thick like that, from what I understand. 

I just got my first box from Julep, and its this same exact one. I really like the formula of the polishes, full coverage in only one coat is something I really like. Though it sounds to me like your purple may have been defective because mine wasn't like that at all! That really sucks! 

I was surpirsed how fast it got to me, too. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. For now, I'm keeping the subscription even at 20/month because I really like the lotion and both of the polishes. I don't think I get a box in February since I signed up after the 18th, but I'm looking forward to the one after that! I'm a pretty loyal zoya fan, but its nice having this to look forward to! 

Just thought I'd add: I contacted customer service because I wanted to receive the next box even though I'd signed up too late. They were so easy going about it, they told me it was no problem and I'll be charged tomorrow. So far, they are getting a big thumbs up from me.

Back