Are you a Craftster? Share your projects!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I constantly have projects in the works. Here are some of the ones I have in process or just recently finished:

Making a doublet for a friend:

Making a doublet for myself:

A doublet I just finished:

Some weaving projects:

And last but not least, some calligraphy and illumination inspired from 156h - 16th century manuscripts:

Wow! Your weaving looks awesome!! I have like zero artistic talent. Lol. All my projects usually involve building something around the house. Or fixing things.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Your weaving looks awesome!! I have like zero artistic talent. Lol. All my projects usually involve building something around the house. Or fixing things.
That takes some skill! I just finished building a 6 panel box with the help of my SO. I forgot to take pics of it though. LOL

I do!!! Like you said it feels like I always have something in the works

I like making mine and my boyfriends Halloween costumes by hand each year. This is from last year we were Woody and Jessie from Toy Story

I do a lot of polymer clay hair accessories, felt purses, acrylic paintings or just random things i think are cute and sell them in shops around town and online 
smile.gif

You both have made such awesome things! You both quite talented! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amber I am Loving those Keropi and Hello Kitty accessories!

Well thank you!! 
icon_redface.gif

If I'm being completely honest, I have NO idea how to properly sew or have ever even used a machine. I just hand stich things the way that seems right to me and hope it works out 
laughing.gif
 I'm only a bit over 5 foot and pretty thin so store bought adult costumes are always massive on me and just never look right. I don't like going the "passing off a bra and underwear as a costume" route, so I just started making my own to accommodate my body type. My boyfriend just got jealous and wanted a matching costume 
sdrop.gif

Your jewelry looks very intricate! I like the way you photographed the jewelry in the bottom picture, for some reason it reminds me of a tree stump (in a good way) and really highlights the colors well 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WoW! I'm so jealous at how well both of you sew! Amber, those costumes look better than the store bought ones! I make wire crochet jewelry.

omg you ladies are so talented! I've always start a mini crafty project but then as soon as something doesnt go to plan i give up! I really just need to stick to one thing and finish it.

I love those necklaces!

WoW! I'm so jealous at how well both of you sew! Amber, those costumes look better than the store bought ones! I make wire crochet jewelry.

These are gorgeous! Go you!

Originally Posted by kerker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg you ladies are so talented! I've always start a mini crafty project but then as soon as something doesnt go to plan i give up! I really just need to stick to one thing and finish it.

I love those necklaces!

I get frustrated with projects as well. I currently have a dress in the queue that I started 3 years ago, the sleeves were driving me nuts so I put it in the back of the closet and as soon as I stop being pissed at it, it can come back out and see the light of day. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WoW! Panua, you are extremely multi-talented! I dont think my hand would be steady enough to do calligraphy!

WOW so I used to think i was crafty.. now looking at these awesome pics I don't feel so crafty anymore haha! Great work! I can't sow for anything! I have always wanted to try jewlery making. 

Isabel those necklaces are really pretty!

I didn't realize we had so many talented crafty ladies here!

WoW! Panua, you are extremely multi-talented! I dont think my hand would be steady enough to do calligraphy!
Thanks chica! I like to keep busy. On top of all of this, I am also a brewer, mostly cordials right now but hopefully, once we move into our permanent home, I can start setting up wine and beers.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sell my necklaces on Etsy if anyone is interested! plus i have a bunch I have yet to put up there.

Same user name?

Latest posts

Back