What in Makeup Do You Refuse To Do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For example, I will never never never ever go back to using sponge applicators for eyeshadows & I can't see myself using a flat paddle synthetic brush to apply my foundation or concealer. There are so many rounded synthetic brushes that do flawless work & my regular foundation brushes (ie. Mac 190) are used mainly for applying moisturizer or primers.

Wash my makeup brushes daily, once a week is fine for me, or if I have a breakout  I will wash daily.

I have a Chanel quint that applies well with sponge tip applicators. Otherwise I don't use them.

I never use a makeup brush twice without washing.

I refuse to use liquid foundation. I use powder foundation all the time, I hate the feeling of having liquid foundation on my skin, and it feels like all my pores are being clogged. With powder foundation, my face feels and looks more natural with excellent coverage. 

I also refuse to use sponges for applying makeup anywhere! 

use concealer. I should! and i need it..but somehow i find myself avoiding it.

Overpluck my eyebrows! At one time it was super trendy with überskinny eyebrows and I plucked them way too much, it looked ridiculous. I also refuse to jump on the beauty blender bandwagon, since it just looks like an overpriced sponge to me.

I really don't refuse to do anything.... I need all the help I can get!

I'm surprised by the ones who refuse to use sponge applicators for eye makeup. They are excellent for packing on shimmers and glitters, any type of eyeshadow that has fall out. You'll get way less fall out than you will with a brush. Try it with your PITA shadows and just use your brushes for blending.

I'll never wear powder foundation.... Feels like I have dirt on my face...yuck

I've never use sponge applicators or CG mascara!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm surprised by the ones who refuse to use sponge applicators for eye makeup. They are excellent for packing on shimmers and glitters, any type of eyeshadow that has fall out. You'll get way less fall out than you will with a brush. Try it with your PITA shadows and just use your brushes for blending.

I had someone else tell me that... I still have more luck with a teenie tiny flat brush....

Straight black eyeliner. I really suck at putting eyeliner on, and on me, pure dark black eyeliner makes me look ghastly since it's so harsh against my fair skin. So, I typically stick to browns and silvery grays. It's a shame, since the Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion has been calling my name...

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll never wear powder foundation.... Feels like I have dirt on my face...yuck

I've never use sponge applicators or CG mascara!

Haha, same here. 

And to add to these, I also refuse to use pale lipsticks that look almost like concealers. I think they look horrible! 

I LOVE nude/pale lipsticks, especially with a lipgloss over it that has a hint of color. So beautiful. Especially with a smokey eye since you wanna keep the rest a bit more tame then your eyes.

I refuse to have two toned lips!!! Like, using a darker shade lip liner, and a lighter lipstick. SUCH a horrible combination, I don't know why that was ever a trend. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I by mistake posted this, how do you just delete a post? All it lets me do it edit it /: So I'm sorry, didn't mean to post 3x :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Straight black eyeliner. I really suck at putting eyeliner on, and on me, pure dark black eyeliner makes me look ghastly since it's so harsh against my fair skin. So, I typically stick to browns and silvery grays. It's a shame, since the Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion has been calling my name...

Instead of using the black liner just by itself(especially if you feel you lack the ability to put it on correctly(but btw that just takes practice you'll get it!), try putting it on kinda messy but closer to the lash line, then use a smudge brush or just your finger(gently) to smudge it out. It will look much neater, and a lot less harsh.

I won't wear false eyelashes. And I won't use any eyeliner other than liquid on my upper lid. I like the super-dark, sharp line (for near the bottom lashes, other types of liner are fine). I never wear just one eyeshadow at a time - not since middle school! I always, always have three or four shadows on at once.

Latest posts

Back