What Used to Scare You?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For years I was scared of ever doing anything to my eyebrows. When shaping them, things can go wrong very quickly with the removal of one tiny hair. Now, I'm ridiculously obssessed with my eyebrows. I'm finally getting to a shape I like but I tweezed too much last time so I'm regrowing them out. I do my own eyebrows bc I still don't trust anyone else with them.

Black eyeshadow used to scare me. I always swore I would never use it. Now, I don't know what I would do without it! When used properly it is definitely your friend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The first thing that comes to mind is eyelash curlers, they do look like torture devices! But I also worried about eyebrow tweezing because my eyebrows are already sparse, I still don't tweeze often enough. I should go and get them professionally done. I actually would trust someone else more than myself!

Blush sometimes scares me too!  I have had experiences in the past where it looks like a natural flush at home and then I catch a glimpse of it in different lighting and I look like Mary Poppins.  Because of it I'm probably a lot lighter with blush than I could be. 

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmmm  wearing blush haha...it still kind of scares me :X

"What Used to Scare You?" -- NOT wearing makeup. Now I can go without makeup out in public and it's no big deal.

Foundation! I think I was 21 when I bought my first foundation. For the longest time I really thought foundation was messy, cakey and downright ugly (unless done by a professional) because one of my friends - who always wore foundation - always piled her super-cheap drugstore foundation on with a sponge in about 4 layers. If it was a weekend and we were supposed to go out later in the night she just piled on another 2-3 layers on top of it. It looked like she was wearing a thick brown mask! Oh yes - did I mention the foundation she was wearing was around 6 shades darker than her? My other friends didn't wear much makeup so I thought that foundation supposed to look like that, which scared me off until I got a sample from a magazine which I tried and loved!

Besides getting caught by my mother? Plucking my eyebrows too thin....

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Besides getting caught by my mother? Plucking my eyebrows too thin....
Oooo! Do you think you're mother would recognize you if you "ran" into her in at a store or something?

I wonder if I would recognize anyone I knew?

I've passed people I know when out enfemme and they had no clue.. "We" don't look much alike! Lol.

I'm still kind of scared of blush :/

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmmm  wearing blush haha...it still kind of scares me :X

I'm like that with my hair. I went to a salon like two years ago just to get small trim and some layers, and they literally chopped a foot of my hair off! It took like more than a year to grow it all out again :X unless my hair turns into a hot mess, I'm never letting anyone else cut it.

I'm still a little scared of contouring bc i don't know what's best for my face shape or anything like that. need to spend some time on youtube lol

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do my own eyebrows bc I still don't trust anyone else with them.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm like that with my hair. I went to a salon like two years ago just to get small trim and some layers, and they literally chopped a foot of my hair off! It took like more than a year to grow it all out again :X unless my hair turns into a hot mess, I'm never letting anyone else cut it.

I'm still a little scared of contouring bc i don't know what's best for my face shape or anything like that. need to spend some time on youtube lol

Yes I always get nervous when someone cuts my hair. I'm still scared of getting my hair dyed! I've always wanted to do something more reddish but I just don't have the nerve to do it yet. You just can't wipe it off like makeup.

Oh my gosh, yes!! I do my own, but I'm very, very careful. It takes me forever! I stopped getting them waxed after a girl waxed off so much that they were about an inch long, and entirely straight. Needless to say, there were a lot of tears, and I never, ever went back. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For years I was scared of ever doing anything to my eyebrows. When shaping them, things can go wrong very quickly with the removal of one tiny hair. Now, I'm ridiculously obssessed with my eyebrows. I'm finally getting to a shape I like but I tweezed too much last time so I'm regrowing them out. I do my own eyebrows bc I still don't trust anyone else with them.

Liquid eyeliner. I was POSITIVE that I'd end up with a huge mess.

After coming here and reading pointers and watching videos,  I decided to take the plunge and now I am completely addicted. I absolutely love it!

Yes I always get nervous when someone cuts my hair. I'm still scared of getting my hair dyed! I've always wanted to do something more reddish but I just don't have the nerve to do it yet. You just can't wipe it off like makeup.

No but it grows back..... I have had my hair every color of the rainbow and lenghts varying from the back of my knees to mid neck..... Hair is jsut like makeup...Heck if it falls out I can get some pretty wigs andw on't have to style them everyday!

Back