MUFE jumped the shark.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed and utterly disappointed.

Will pass.

La Bohème Baked Eye Shadow Palette
What it is:
A palette featuring baked eye shadows in six pearly shades for creating a range of soft, romantic looks.

What it does:
Enriched with mineral powders and a high concentration of pearl, La Bohème Baked Eye Shadow Palette includes luminous shades with a lightweight texture and a silky feel. Apply dry for a natural-looking result or wet to intensify the color and finish.

This set contains:
- 6 x 0.017 oz Baked Eye Shadow in Lagoon Green, Vegetal Green, Beige, Parma Purple, Brown, Coral

Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

I can only assume the quality of this palette is good considering its name brand, but I really hate that MUFE did this.  Totally takes away from their PRO image.  With soo many baked shadow competitors, who did they think they could market too? Especially at those prices. IDK.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered it today! I love baked shadows. The colors in this are pretty too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Please please please do swatches???

Will do!

Baked shadows have been around for years and will be for a long time. They are a great formula, and versatile because they can be used wet or dry. Dunno, maybe it is just me but I don't see them as a trend like crackle polishes, magnetic polishes, bb creams, etc.

And so far I love MUFE products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will do!

Baked shadows have been around for years and will be for a long time. They are a great formula, and versatile because they can be used wet or dry. Dunno, maybe it is just me but I don't see them as a trend like crackle polishes, magnetic polishes, bb creams, etc.

And so far I love MUFE products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL  I agree with Zadi...I can wait.  It looks like a Smashbox palette :X
If Smashbox made it I wouldn't buy it. Their makeup quality is really poor IMO.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really?  I have a couple Smashbox stuff and I love it to death! 
I haven't had luck with anything other than their primer.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking this looked more like an Urban Decay palette...

lmao that's what i meant :X  urban decay....my brain doesnt turn on until im up at least 2 hours lol

I just ordered mine & the Boheme lipstick. I couldn't help myself. I was so pissed after months of waiting for that Smoky Eye palette only to find out we weren't gonna get it.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered mine & the Boheme lipstick. I couldn't help myself. I was so pissed after months of waiting for that Smoky Eye palette only to find out we weren't gonna get it.
I know! I never got my hands on it, and the Wild & Chic palette at the JC Penny locations just doesn't interest me.

I'd like it a lot more if they hadn't gone the cultural appropriation route and named the eyeliner "Gypsy". Also, those look just like the Sephora Baked eyeshadows, except that Sephora is missing the aqua color. At least with Sephoras, you get 10 shadows for $28. 

The colors are gorgeous and I love the bohemian theme, but the Gypsy thing just soured me on the whole company. I'm not a fan of racial stereotypes being used as "names" for makeup, when there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have just called that eyeliner something else that was "beachy" themed instead. 

Latest posts

Back