Business cards?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Even if your blog isn't a business, do you have business cards as contact cards? I placed an order for some tonight. When I went to the Lush grand opening someone asked me about my blog, and I really wish I had a card to hand to her. Now I will! These are mine, with a bit of blurring for certain info.

Love it as well. I keep saying I need to get some done through Vistaprint.

Those look good!

More and more, business cards come in handy for just about anything. 

Thanks ladies! Zadi, that is where I got mine done. I didn't go for the free ones with Vistaprint on the back though.

That's a really good idea! And they look great.

I love VistaPrint too. I designed some biz cards for myself (for my webdesign) and they are so affordable and nice quality.

I love that code block (sorry, no idea what it is called) on your business card. How did you get that done? Is that the type that if you scan it, your website will show up?

Regarding business cards.

I have a set for Makeup Talk but I do NOT have one for my personal site. Big mistake. I went to IMATS LA for the first time a couple of weeks ago and while I was able to hand out card for MUT I could not hand one out for my own personal site. Many companies asked me for my personal one as well as my business one. So lesson learned - get personal business networking cards as well.

These are JoEllen's cards which I'm inspired by.

Originally Posted by katherinetea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that code block (sorry, no idea what it is called) on your business card. How did you get that done? Is that the type that if you scan it, your website will show up?
The block is called a QR code and if you Google the phrase "QR code generator", you'll see lots of places that will generate them for you. (And, yes, I just scanned the laptop screen, and it does go straight to her site)

Wow awesome cards! 

I actually am a graphic designer so I made them for my nephew who's a DJ trying to network more but I never thought to make one for my blog! 

Great Idea! 

Have you guys heard of Moo.com? They have awesome quality business cards and you can get their "Facebook" business cards for free, just pay about $5 shipping. 

Wanted to bring this back up since there was discussion recently on a closed group I belong to on FB about something that led up to business cards.

Over the last year since I went to be first trade show I have learned so much that of course I want to share with other people. There are two types of business cards you should have - an actual business card and a social network card. While both are essentially the same they're also very different due to the information on the card and to whom you should give the business card or social network card to.

The Business Card
The business card should contain your real name, blog name, url and if you're comfortable either your mailing address and/or phone number. These cards should be given out ONLY to PR people or owners of companies. At my first IMATS I only had my MUT business cards which contain my name, MUT name, my position, the url to the site and my work email address and I had people asking me for MY personal blog info and even address to ship me stuff for reviewing purposes. Of course I ended up having to write things down on the back of my business card which was tacky.

Here's an example of what I would suggest your business card should contain.

You only give THIS TYPE of business card to someone you want to have your mailing address and phone number.

The Social Network card

The social network card you can give out to potential readers and fellow bloggers. At IMATS (2013) and CPNA (2012) I found myself trading my social network cards with hundreds of people. On this card you want to keep it simple with ONLY your blog information after all you don't want a complete stranger to have your mailing address or phone number!

Vistaprint: 500 for $15 (price will vary) - for social networking card

Moo: 200 - $70 for high quality business cards

Here's what my proposed new social network cards will look like:

Cost for 500 of these social cards: $23 with free shipping on Vistaprint. This is far less than Moo's price which 200 are $70.

On my cards I've added a QR code. At CPNA free wi-fi was available so I had my iPad with my to show not only my blog to people but also MUT. I learned that by having a QR code on my business card it helped many of the vendors look up my site on their smartphones, iPads or tablets without having to type up the url. They can also save the QR code in their phone for easy reference. The QR code can go to any site you want - your website, your Youtube channel, your Facebook account or even a special page with special message or an "about you" page.

I'm thinking about getting some cards made since I'm going to get serious about blogging.

But I have some questions on appropriate use.

1. Would it be okay/appropriate for me to include a card in with my trades?

2. Would it be okay/appropriate for me to include a card when I write my thank you notes for those who sent me samples to use/review?

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm thinking about getting some cards made since I'm going to get serious about blogging.

But I have some questions on appropriate use.

1. Would it be okay/appropriate for me to include a card in with my trades?

2. Would it be okay/appropriate for me to include a card when I write my thank you notes for those who sent me samples to use/review?

If it's a networking card I see don't see why not.

Working on new cards for IMATS LA.

Business cards to be handed to PR/business owners:

Where it's whited out is my full name and contact info (business email and phone #). My social media cards will be similar minus my full name and phone #.

Great !I have just has some printed, you never know when you may need them. Quick question girls,how else do you advertise your blog??

Latest posts

Back