• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

what does bump mean?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, was just looking at the swap sell rules , I am seeing something about getting "bumped" every 4 days and posts will not "bump" a listing. I am new here and I want to trade some items, but I would like to make sure I understand everything......so what does bump mean concerning this? thanks

A bump is meant to "refresh" an aged post/thread so that is shows back up on the first page.

Thanks for the reply! I got it ! Maybe soon I will get the hang of all this...just one. More question what does the hearts under everyones name mean? And how do you get them? I hate to keep asking questions!

It's part of the ranking system which has to do with post counts. The more valid posts you make the more hearts you get. Other than that it has no real purpose other than looking cute. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am looking to post my own message on here in the swap section, how the heck do I do that? I don't see any where to post thread or anything! someone help! Also bump is to move the thread up to the top of the list lol I learned that in my Yorkie Forum. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Girl I was so having the same issue....I had asked somewhere on here and someone replied to me that you can't post to sell or trade if you are new until you have had a certain numer of posts...I think its 20 atleast that's when the thing popped up for me! I went through the samething for days so I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by DivaMia02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am looking to post my own message on here in the swap section, how the heck do I do that? I don't see any where to post thread or anything! someone help! Also bump is to move the thread up to the top of the list lol I learned that in my Yorkie Forum. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
https://www.makeuptalk.com/a/terms-of-service New members must wait 5 days in order to be able to post a listing.  This is to cut down on spam and to acclimatize sellers to MakeupTalk's norms.  You may bypass this requirement by buying into a premium seller option

Latest posts

Back