Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got this email from beauty bar

Sample Society

We channeled our obsession with prestige brands into the perfect beauty cocktail: Sample Society.

Catering to tried-and-true beauty devotees, this exclusive program delivers 5 fresh deluxe-sized samples - culled from beauty's finest - to your doorstep each month.

For $15 a month, you'll receive:
  • 5 deluxe-sized samples from beauty brands like Murad, Stila, and Bond No. 9.
  • $15 gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from the brands you've sampled is included in your order.
  • Expert beauty advice to accompany your samples from the editors of Allure.
  • A bonus one-year subscription to Allure magazine ($12 value). See below for offer & refund details.
  • Visit beautybar.com/samplesociety

mod edit: fixed link

Reija, one of the site admins, also got that email and I believe she signed up. I attempted to sign up but got a "authorize fail" on my card despite the fact that I KNOW I have money on the card. I wonder if it's because it's a pre-paid debit card and not a "real" credit card. I won't use a real credit card for any subscription except Birchbox.

I joined but I'm still feeling a little hesitant. I ordered from beauty bar earlier this month & they sent me a USED nail polish. I called them & they did send a new bottle.  But still...

You get a magazine subscription for a year with Allure but other than that I see no difference. I think they don't have a points system. I know they have a referral one but not sure about a points one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You get a magazine subscription for a year with Allure but other than that I see no difference. I think they don't have a points system. I know they have a referral one but not sure about a points one.

Birchbox's point system has really gotten me, if it comes down to BB, MyGlam and Beauty Army, I think BB would win.

I just saw this and I'm pretty excited..Im already signed up for beauty army n myglam, and I can't afford ALL of the subscriptions I want, nor could I use so much stuff...I have so much makeup that I just never have time to use! This seems worth it for the magazine and the fact u get 15 off ur $50 purchase..

Bear in mind that if you don't want the ALLURE subscription, they will refund $15, so it's kinda like getting the first box free if you do that. I figured I would give it a shot, simply because I have a wee bit more faith in it with the ALLURE branding tie-in (not the subscription, just how they are phrasing it) than I do (at this point) of My Glam actually managing to get it together.

Good Point.. If I dont like MyGlam I will cancel that and do this one. I just found one for shoes and I really want to try it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bear in mind that if you don't want the ALLURE subscription, they will refund $15, so it's kinda like getting the first box free if you do that. I figured I would give it a shot, simply because I have a wee bit more faith in it with the ALLURE branding tie-in (not the subscription, just how they are phrasing it) than I do (at this point) of My Glam actually managing to get it together.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just found one for shoes and I really want to try it.
Which one? Shoe Dazzle, Sole Society or Just Fab?

i subscribed. i buy SOOOOO much from their partner sites diapers.com, soap.com etc... and they have such good customer service

I just subscribed to this one, too. I figured if it's even loosely affiliated with Allure it will be run better than My Glam, which I had been thinking about, but looks like an epic disaster. It says my first box ships on March 5th, so I'll take a look at that and my March Birchbox and decide which one I'll keep and which I'll get rid of.

wait im confused so if we say we dont want the allure subscription  we get it for free?

Originally Posted by antonella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wait im confused so if we say we dont want the allure subscription  we get it for free?
Sort of. You have to pay the $15 for your first box which includes the subscriptions. AFTER you get the first subscription you can cancel.

From their FAQs: When will I receive my first issue of Allure magazine? Expect the first issue 6-8 weeks after you enroll in Sample Society. Allure magazine subscriptions are provided directly by Condé Nast. Please call Condé Nast customer service at 1-800-578-1825 for subscription questions. You can also manage your subscription online here.

Can I cancel my Allure magazine subscription? You are not billed for this subscription, nor will it automatically renew. The subscription is a special bonus included with your Sample Society membership. If you do not wish to receive an Allure subscription (or you prefer to receive a refund for the value), please click here and mail your request - along with current (within 30 days) Sample Society proof of purchase (your $15 monthly membership fee) to: Condé Nast Special Programs, Sample Society, PO Box 37722, Boone, IA 50037-0722. Refund requests without completed forms or proof of purchase, or those received more than 30 days after the postmark on the refund request envelope will be forfeited.

thx zadi u always knnow everything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> speaking of everything have u found any info on februarys bb? im dying to find out some hints on wats gona be in the box

Latest posts

Back