Be A Bombshell Cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Be A Bombshell Cosmetics?

I just watched Eleventhgeorgous's [Tracey and Steph] haul/first impressions video and they mentioned the company.

I guess the company just sent them products to their PO box and didn't really ask them if they wanted to try them. But they seemed to really like the company.

You basically take a quiz and then each month or like 3 times a month they'll email you with your selections and for $20 you get two products to try each month.

Here's their website: http://beabombshellcosmetics.com/

Tracy and Steph mentioned how the products look alot like Mac which I do see. They have very similar packaging[the black packaging with clear top]  The products all seemed to have good pigmentation. They got a blush, eyeshadow, liquid liner and lipgloss, The lipgloss seemed to have pretty opaque color from the swatch they had shown in the video.

Their products are good! Excellent pigmentation, beautiful glosses! I reviewed them on my site before.

I've been eyeballing their eyeliner for a month or two now. I ran across it on a youtube video though I don't remember who posted about it.

I'm getting one of their "looks" which has 5 items. Someone posted a coupon code for $25 off a $50 order on the other thread.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

subscription services... I'll pass.

I'm not sure but I think you have the option to not buy any products at all. They just give you recommendations each month and you can decide which products you want to buy.

It looks like a subscription service where they charge your card every month unless you opt out of the month... like a ShoeDazzle type deal.

I didnt get as far as the Join tab, when I realized what this might be... so yeah.  Im not familiar with the brand and Im too lazy to try and remember to opt out every month for makeup I may or may not like... 

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure but I think you have the option to not buy any products at all. They just give you recommendations each month and you can decide which products you want to buy.

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Price range plz? If it's a MAC area brand, I'll pass.
From their site:

"Bombshells can purchase 2 products a month for $19.95, 3 products for $29.95, 4 products for $39.95, or 5 products for $49.95. This includes shipping! We only use the best ingredients in our products."

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I played around on their website a bit and you can purchase their goodies without becoming a "bombshell"...

I'm pretty sure that is what I did, though I honestly have no clue so I'm unsubscribing just in case. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I ordered 3 days ago and I just received it. (I love fast shipping) Can't wait to try it all.

Edit: Found more info on their FAQ.

"How do I cancel my membership?

You may opt out of your Bombshell membership at any time. Click here to cancel your subscription. Your cancellation will be processed immediately. Please remember you are never obligated to purchase any items and you will never be billed unless you choose to order. Our memberships are absolutely risk free!"

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure that is what I did, though I honestly have no clue so I'm unsubscribing just in case. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I ordered 3 days ago and I just received it. (I love fast shipping) Can't wait to try it all.

Edit: Found more info on their FAQ.

"How do I cancel my membership?

You may opt out of your Bombshell membership at any time. Click here to cancel your subscription. Your cancellation will be processed immediately. Please remember you are never obligated to purchase any items and you will never be billed unless you choose to order. Our memberships are absolutely risk free!"
So it seems like a site different than like jewlmint. With jewlmint you can sign up for free and you take a quiz. Then they email you when your showroom is ready. Once you buy something from them you have until like 10th of the month or something to opt out of the month otherwise the charge you the $30 and you get a credit to buy an item.

With this site it seems like you can decide if you want something they pick for you and if not then you won't be billed.

*Warning about Be a bombshell's customer service!*

Ok, so Ipsy has been giving us a lot of Be a bombshell stuff recently, so I decided to take advantage of this month's deal! I ordered the eyeliner marker in onyx. I just received my shipment from them a few days ago. The eyeliner box looked ripped and frayed like it had been opened before. Then I took out the marker and it had NO seal! Then I opened it and the felt tip had fuzzies and lint on it! It definitely looked like it had been used before. So, I emailed the company and they said I could ship it in for an exchange, but I'd have to pay shipping both ways. Well the cost of shipping would be more than the product, and the policy states it has to be unused and unopened, but like I said it looks used and is open! Now I'm stuck with a product I won't use (because I don't want to get an infected eye!)

*Warning about Be a bombshell's customer service!* Ok, so Ipsy has been giving us a lot of Be a bombshell stuff recently, so I decided to take advantage of this month's deal! I ordered the eyeliner marker in onyx. I just received my shipment from them a few days ago. The eyeliner box looked ripped and frayed like it had been opened before. Then I took out the marker and it had NO seal! Then I opened it and the felt tip had fuzzies and lint on it! It definitely looked like it had been used before. So, I emailed the company and they said I could ship it in for an exchange, but I'd have to pay shipping both ways. Well the cost of shipping would be more than the product, and the policy states it has to be unused and unopened, but like I said it looks used and is open! Now I'm stuck with a product I won't use (because I don't want to get an infected eye!)
Can you contact a higher-up in the company? That's their own fault and any reputable company would send you a new one right away if that's what actually occurred. If they sent you a used item that's a health risk because it's something that goes on your eyes.

Update on Bombshell... They did email me back after my second email and offered to send a shipping label. They will accept it and exchange it out for me. That's great, but the whole thing is just shady to me. At the end of the email it said *Sent from my iPhone. I probably won't order from them again...I've liked their products well enough, but not enough to deal with stuff like this.

Latest posts

Back