Eye liner on lower lid ok?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always put eyeliner on my lower eye lid. Does anyone else do that? I like the more dramatic effect that it gives. Is this ok to do? I am not sure why or how I started doing it!

I never because it makes my eyes look even smaller but it depends on the eye shape and the look.

I line my waterline... I think nothing on the water line and the lower lashes lined with something sharp like a liquid liner looks bad... I think shadow smudged along it with nothing in the water line looks fine though

if you tightline your entire eye without wearing softer eyeshadows balance it out, it might look kind of harsh--but it depends on your eye shape and how thick you draw the liner. I personally like when makeup on the lower lid has eyeliner in the corners, but is smoked out with soft/shimmery shadows--like rosie huntington-whitley's burberry ad:

although if not done correctly, it does have potential to look like you spilled eyeshadow all over your eyes, or have a bruised eye lol

I really only do it for night looks and it I use eyeshadow on my lower lid otherwise I think it looks really weird on me

I do it most of the time. Depending on the look I'm going for.

...and Yes! It's totally ok! If you like the way it looks on you then go for it, no matter how you apply it. 

I do it on occasion, depending on the look...but I have pretty big eyes, it doesn't work for everyone. It can make your eyes appear smaller...it's all in the contour I suppose. If you like it, the rock it!

I recently started doing my waterline as a daily look.  It does make your eyes appear smaller, but I like the effect because my eyes are way too big.

For me it depends on the look I'm going for. I personally never do it on a daily basis or on a daytime look bc I've gotten used to not doing it. I used to all the time but I have small eyes and it's not alwas the best look for me.

I wish I could. I usually only buff a light line of shimmery shadow, usually a gold or peach, otherwise my eyes look tired and small.

Can a dark eye circle lady put eyeliner on the lower eye lid too?
eusa_pray.gif
To use the liquid type or a pencil type is more suitable for lower eye lid? This is my very first time that I want to try this out..
fuercht.gif

Back