Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
glamourdolleyes

Glossybox USA! - April & May discussion

Recommended Posts

I never win any lucky draw or give outs in my life, EVER. OK maybe once but that's it and it was when I was 5. I have no hope in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know! Depending on how good this one is I may need to get rid of one of my BBs but ONLY if this one is beyond awesome. I will give it a shot for a few months. But from what I know about the company I am really excited about this one.
 

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach View Post

I can't wait for the subs to open! =)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeeeeah, I saw that.

 

melodramatic sigh
 

Originally Posted by snllama View Post

Oh brother, they are calling us 'Glossies.' 

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.17.43 PM.png



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

 

What, you birches don't like nicknames?? (Sorry, I had to we.gif)

 

I signed up for the contest, but I never win anything.

 

THere is always a chance! I won a facebook price from liftlab today! And I never win anything either :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont hate the names like others, but they seem weird. Like we are a cult and they are our leader.

 

I signed up for the contest too. Hopefully someone from here wins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LOLLL that smiley is too funny.

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

What, you birches don't like nicknames?? (Sorry, I had to we.gif)

 

I signed up for the contest, but I never win anything.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

 

What, you birches don't like nicknames?? (Sorry, I had to we.gif)

 

I signed up for the contest, but I never win anything.

 

HA, hilarious :)

 

I can understand that they're kind of trying to create a sense of community and familiarity with the names, but "Glossies" and "Glammies" just seem so immature to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the label Glossies as much as I hate the label Glammies. I'm in my late-30s for goodness sakes and would like to be treated like an adult and not a child. I try to stay away from calling people things like "Dolls" (and I could refer to my readers as Dolls since it plays into my screen name). It's condescending to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GlossyBox is a franchise if I'm not mistaken.  If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . . . yet.  We just got GlossyBox in Canada last month and it hasn't been smooth.  Some of you would have chewed them up and spit them out by now, lol.  They sent out a bunch of press boxes that were quite a bit nicer than what the paying subscribers got, ruffled some feathers.  They were late with their launch mailing and now, for March, they were supposed to ship in the first week and now it has changed to you should get it "within" a few weeks.

 

I think it will get better, but, they are working with the same North American suppliers as all the other boxes.  Time will tell.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by smileyone View Post

GlossyBox is a franchise if I'm not mistaken.  If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . . . yet.  We just got GlossyBox in Canada last month and it hasn't been smooth.  Some of you would have chewed them up and spit them out by now, lol.  They sent out a bunch of press boxes that were quite a bit nicer than what the paying subscribers got, ruffled some feathers.  They were late with their launch mailing and now, for March, they were supposed to ship in the first week and now it has changed to you should get it "within" a few weeks.

 

I think it will get better, but, they are working with the same North American suppliers as all the other boxes.  Time will tell.

 

 



Well, lord knows I don't need another box full of weleda. I might sit this one out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What, you birches don't like nicknames?? (Sorry, I had to we.gif)

 

I signed up for the contest, but I never win anything.

Lol-That is too funny!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

 

 

Well, lord knows I don't need another box full of weleda. I might sit this one out.

 

I don't really have any idea how the US box, or really how the next Canadian boxes will be. Sitting out to see what happens might not be a bad idea though, it is $15/box in Canada and I assume will be the same for US.  A google search will show you what bloggers vs. subscribers got.  I hope it turns out to be pretty solid in the future though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like they spread themselves out too thin the past few months; trying to start up GlossyBox India, US, Canada, and I see a ton of other country websites when I do a search. There were apparently delays and confusion in India as well.

 

But Im still excited to see what they come out with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, ahahahah on the contest post....I commented, and then a few people later my boyfriend commented "I Love GlossyBox!" because he had seen it on my facebook wall.

 

brb dying. i love this man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, ahahahah on the contest post....I commented, and then a few people later my boyfriend commented "I Love GlossyBox!" because he had seen it on my facebook wall.

 

brb dying. i love this man!

Hahaha how cute, that's a keeper. My sister in law posted it in my share pos. I was like no silly, on their post! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lol! Your attitude about it is just too funny. You girls all crack me up
 

Originally Posted by snllama View Post

Oh brother, they are calling us 'Glossies.' 

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.17.43 PM.png



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like a lip gloss.
 

Originally Posted by snllama View Post

Oh brother, they are calling us 'Glossies.' 

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.17.43 PM.png



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

I hate the label Glossies as much as I hate the label Glammies. I'm in my late-30s for goodness sakes and would like to be treated like an adult and not a child. I try to stay away from calling people things like "Dolls" (and I could refer to my readers as Dolls since it plays into my screen name). It's condescending to me.

 

Just dont calls us Didos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. I wouldn't mind Didos, since I'm a classics nut, but if you called me a doll I might hit you with a bag of nail polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...