Beauty Army

Green Grab Bag

JustFabulous

Beauty Bar

The Look Bag

Julep Maven

Cancelled

Eco-Emi

If Myglam and green grab bag dont wow me this month ill most likely be cancelling them.    I cant wait to see what beauty bar and the look bag have in store for us subscribers.

Quite disappointed with My Platinum Box, and shall be unsubscribing from them ASAP. At least that helps me to justify the Sample Society one :)

Zadidoll, you seem to be the expert on these subscription services! Your posts are so imformative. Thank you!

I subscribe to Birchbox and Beauty Bar/Sample Society.  I had MyGlam, but cancelled it. 

I recieved my first Birchbox in January, and I'm in love with their service.  I loved the products I recieved from them, and I cant wait for my February Birchbox to arrive!  I like thier points program.  I filled out the surveys on the products from my box, and earned some points from that, and made a puchase from thier site and earned more points.  After this months box, I will have enough points to purchase a full size product for free!

I paid for MyGlam at the beginning of January, and hopefully I'll recieve the February Glam Bag. I canceled MyGlam after reading all the complaints on Facebook.

I shop online for almost everything, and MyGlam's customer service is the absolute worst I have encountered.  Also, the products they sent out in the January bag didnt impress me at all. 

I just joined Beauty Bar/Sample Society.  Its affiliated with Allure magazine, and I'm familiar with Beauty Bar in NY, so I have high hopes for this one.  My first box is being shipped on March 5th.

These subscription services are so addictive! 

If you would like to try one for February, since Sample Society hasn't charged for February, there is also The Look Bag from InStyle magazine. The cost is $10 per month. This is their 2nd month as they launched in January, and the boxes ship on the 15th. I think you have time to get a box this month as I just placed my order with them on the 1st and my first box/bag and according to my profile it will ship 02/15/2012.

You can check out their January bag samples at http://thelookstore.com/thelookbag-items.html?limit=30 it does seem like the first box was primarily skincare products.

Originally Posted by Souly View Post

The code Bfblog  worked & I was able to get $30 off, making it @19.99. I just ordered yesterday & it was shipped off today. I'm going to cancel after the first box. I can't afford $50 either. How do you like blissmobox?

I've only had it for a month, this month will be my second. I'm still on the fence. I like the products, but it's not cheap.

Another good thing about beautyfix, you fill out two surveys after you receive your box and get a $25 credit off a $50 purchase at dermstore.com. I just ordered a whole bunch of philosophy stuff with the credit. 

any opinions on the look bag?  trying to have control and wise with my monthly subscriptions after a couple of duds i've had to cancel.

current:

birchbox

myglam

beauty army

julep

cravebox

qvc new beauty test tube

new beauty test tube

blissmobox

cancelled:

gogo girlfriend

myplatinum box

foodzie

Here is mine currently. I think MyGlam and Beauty Army are on the cutting block though. This month's box will determine their fate.

Current:

Birchbox

MyGlam Beauty Army Sample Society The Look Bag   Cancelled: Julep Maven

I thought you were digging Beauty Army. What's got it on the chopping block?

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

Here is mine currently. I think MyGlam and Beauty Army are on the cutting block though. This month's box will determine their fate.

Current:

Birchbox

MyGlam Beauty Army Sample Society The Look Bag   Cancelled: Julep Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

I thought you were digging Beauty Army. What's got it on the chopping block?

I haven't gotten the box yet so it's not for certain but the latest options for samples left me feeling pretty unimpressed. So the boxes coming in will make up my mind.

Ah, gotcha. My fear with cutting subscriptions is that the month I do it will be the month it's AWESOME. That said, I AM willing to cut "dead weight" when necessary.

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

Ah, gotcha. My fear with cutting subscriptions is that the month I do it will be the month it's AWESOME. That said, I AM willing to cut "dead weight" when necessary.

Yeah, I know that feeling. That is one of the reasons why I am going to wait until I get the new subs in (such as Look Bag). The websites give a more polished feel then Beauty Army does and that is also weighing in on my decision process. I'm trying hard not to judge just on looks alone though.

I actually found these forums by searching for GoGoGirlFriend reviews. Between what I read here and the videos I saw, I decided to skip that one.

Currently subscribed to:

MyGlam (waiting for first box)

ShoeDazzle (skip most months)

LittleBlackBag (just launched)

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV View Post

I actually found these forums by searching for GoGoGirlFriend reviews. Between what I read here and the videos I saw, I decided to skip that one.

Currently subscribed to:

MyGlam (waiting for first box)

ShoeDazzle (skip most months)

LittleBlackBag (just launched)

Welcome LoriAnnLV!

If you like subs, I highly recommend looking at Birchbox, Sample Society and Look Bag. Welcome aboard! :)

Oh, FOR SURE! My Platinum Box LOOKED amazing from the website....and we know how I felt about THAT once it arrived. Way way worse than MyGlam (even if I still have reservations about them)

Currently Subscribed to

• Birchbox - Which I cant say enough good things about, from the products I've tried to the customer service
  • Julep - Which I skipped this months due to vet bill's for my horse, I couldnt justify $20 for nail polish (when it just gets ruined at the farm anyway)
  • MyGlam - Next month may be my last box. I'm not a fan of drugstore, infomercial, etc. products. Nor products that have been out for decades (ie: Freeman, I've been using it since I was in middle school). Plus they definitely bit off more than they can chew as a new company and CS is slightly a nightmare to deal with.

I did sign up for BeautyArmy, but decided against it when I saw the samples. I'm going to try to keep my subscriptions down to under $35/month, so thats about 3 subscription services. I'd love to sign up for GlossyBox when it comes to the USA and Glymm would be awesome if it would come here! 

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here on the site!  I actually just recently got into beauty products because I always liked the natural look...but now i'm realizing I can be natural and wear makeup! So I decided to try out some sample programs since I don't really know what I like at ALL, especially which brands.  I don't want to have to keep buying and trying full size products since that can be pricey...

So this forum really helped me to decide on BB and Sampling Society.  I really wanted to try MyGlam but I'm not convinced in their program yet...seems to have too many kinks to work out. I'm disappointed I have to wait till March for my first box, since i'm currently on the BB waiting list :(. Sample Society was a must for me since I am obsessed with perfumes but don't have the guts to buy full bottles until I try them...and I love the deluxe sizes since they are usually pretty cute as well.

Thanks for the great information on all the programs! It was really helpful, and I hope to post all my news and reviews eventually.

Glad the lists have helped. Please keep us informed on the items you get and what you think of each sampling company. :D

I am currently subscribed to Birchbox and MyGlam.

I was subscribed to Eco Emi for the past few months, but have been extremely disappointed in how they handle business, so I cancelled. I will still get the next two boxes though, unfortunately, due to the way their billing system works.

The reason I cancelled wasn't so much because they have bad customer service and shipping issues, but because they sent out expired food samples during TWO of the three months I received boxes from them...expired chocolate in the November box and Decembers box had cacao butter included that expired in Dec.2010!!! You have got to be kidding me!!! I actually went on facebook one day and noticed someone posted on Eco Emi's wall about the expired cacao butter and went back later to see if Eco Emi replied and it had been DELETED!!! I thought that was so sketchy I just had to cancel. That, to me, is just inexcusable. Its one thing to have overlooked the exp. dates but to not take action and inform people when you find out one of the samples was over a year expired, that is just irresponsible. 

That being said, I have been extremely pleased with BB and MyGlam, and am looking for another sub to replace Eco Emi!

What do you think of Blissmobox? I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy!

Originally Posted by mdelight View Post

but because they sent out expired food samples during TWO of the three months I received boxes from them...expired chocolate in the November box and Decembers box had cacao butter included that expired in Dec.2010!!! You have got to be kidding me!!! I actually went on facebook one day and noticed someone posted on Eco Emi's wall about the expired cacao butter and went back later to see if Eco Emi replied and it had been DELETED!!! I thought that was so sketchy I just had to cancel.

I complained about November expired chocolate from Sweet Riot. I posted about it here on MUT and over on Beautylish (can't link it since it's a competing forum). The owner of Sweet Riot went to Beautylish and said the chocolate was fine to eat - to me it was both EcoEmi AND Sweet Riot dumping OLD products on unsuspecting customers. I had canceled by then so the November box was my last box. It's SUPER SHADY for ANY company to send out expired products... not just once but twice in a row! I wonder what other food products she sent out that expired and people just didn't notice.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was in October when the boxes were delayed. I got my ship notice well over a week before the boxes actually shipped. If Christine, the owner of EcoEmi can post on Facebook and Twitter there is a delay then why couldn't she send out a mass email about it? She DID send out a mass email a week or so later about the deluxe boxes being up for sale. I cancelled around October but as you mentioned due to how they do billing I was stuck with getting a November box. Like you I also got a food product that expired! Glad I didn't wait because had I received yet another EXPIRED food item I'd have filed a complaint with Paypal since I'm not paying for EXPIRED FOOD products!

If you have images from both boxes and the items expiration dates CONTACT Paypal and dispute the January and February charges because you're not paying for old, nasty products.

Originally Posted by mdelight View Post

What do you think of Blissmobox? I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy!

i loved my first box.  not sure if it was an introductory box, but my whole family and i enjoyed everything in it.  it came with a few full sized items which included a nice size jar of organic peanut butter and a very tasty fruit spread in addition to other things.  my second box was quite disappointing.  definitely not worth the $19.  since i opted for the 6 month membership, i guess i'm stuck for now, but at least they give you an option to skip a month in which they credit you a box for another time.  

Subscribe:

Birchbox

Julep Maven (but probably going to skip a month or two unless it's amazing)

Canceled:

Platinum Box

Gogogirlfriend

My Glam (might resubscribe if they get their act together)