zadidoll

What companies do you subscribe to?

I subscribe to Birchbox and recieved my first Birchbox in January..  I really love Birchbox's service.  The products are all good quality products from good brands, and are products I will use.  I have rec'd things in my Birchbox that I would never have tried otherwise that I have since purchased full size and are now my favorites.  I like the Birchbox points!  

I also signed up for Beauty Bar/Sample Society and am looking forward to recieving my first box that is shipping on March 5th.  This subscription includes a years subscription to Allure magazine, and they give you 15.00 to apply to a purchase of a full size product that is in your box.  They have some great products on their website, so I expect this to be a good service!

I had MyGlam, but canceled before I rec'd my first Glam bag in February and am glad I did.  MyGlam's february bag is worthless to me.  There was not one thing in it I would use.  MyGlam had a fabulous December bag (their first), the January bag wasnt so hot, but did have a full size The Balm product in it, so that was ok.  The February bag was just horrible.  I feel bad for the people who signed up for the annual subscription. With so many subscription services out there now, I cant imagine why anyone would stay with MyGlam. 

I'm subscribed to Birchbox, Sample Society, and The Look Bag.  I was with Myglam but I cancelled after my first and only bag in February.  Drugstore and infomercial crap is not my thing.  I cancelled Beauty Army too, but only because I'm waiting for them to get more stock and change up their samples.  I loved my first box from them, but my next sample picks were half of the same things and I wasn't impressed with them.  I re-did my quiz about 50 times, but there was very little variation in the samples offered.  So, I cancelled and will wait for them to get a bit better.  I'm thinking about cancelling Sample Society because I wasn't overly impressed with the first box and I would rather put that money towards Beauty Fix.  I'm thinking about signing up for Beauty Fix, but only if I get the discount on the first month.  We'll have to see.  I may have to work over the budget a bit to fit it in.  I discovered Birchbox last year and I've become a bit obsessed with beauty and subscription services.  Thankfully, I'm just not that into shoes, or I would get into huge trouble with Shoedazzle.  sdrop.gif

Subscribed to:

Birchbox (2 accounts)

Sample Society

The Look Bag

Love With Food

Green Grab Bag

Sindulge

Canceled:

My Platinum Box

Considering:

Beauty Fix

Blissmobox

Goodebox

My Dream Sample Box -- if I can ever find some actual info/reviews on this one.

I have accounts with Shoedazzle, Jewelmint, Shoemint, etc., I've just never actually been impressed enough with their selections/prices to order anything from them.  I also have a beauty army account but have never liked my options so I've never ordered a box.

Currently subscribed to:

Birchbox

Beauty Army

Beautyfix

Sindulge (probably getting canceled)

And I'm on the waiting list for Glossybox USA and The Soap Box :)

I have since added a second BB account, Beauty Fix and canceled My Glam. Still waiting on GlossyBox.

I am only going to keep either SS OR Glossybox, not both, so it will be interesting to see which one will end up with my business. SS had a LOT of issues the first round of boxes so if that continues next month I will not keep that one no matter how good it is. Life is too short to waste time. I have never had any issues AT ALL with BB, they definitely set the standard.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

I just ran across this thread and I thought it would be fun to post. 

I subscribe to: 

BirchBox - can see myself changing my monthly to a 1 year subscription soon

MyGlam- am canceling as soon as I get my first bag, nothing exciting there, unfortunately

Sample Society- awaiting their first box with anticipation 

Monthly services that I can skip whenever I want to:

ShoeDazzle - just returned some shoes for an exchange but I will be canceling my account whether or not I decide to keep these

SoleSociety- ordered first pair this week :) their shoes are so cute, totally my style 

On waiting list for: 

Glossybox USA

whats the soap box?? :)

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie View Post

Currently subscribed to:

Birchbox

Beauty Army

Beautyfix

Sindulge (probably getting canceled)

And I'm on the waiting list for Glossybox USA and The Soap Box :)

Subscribe to: Julep Maven - American Beauty & Boho Glam profiles

Myglam

Birchbox

Sample Society 

Cancelled: BeautyFix. $50 a month is way too much money to me. But they have really nice CS people! 

Have accounts on beautymint, stylemint, jewelmint, and a bunch of those but nothing on them has made me want to spend $30. 

Here are my updated subs:

Keeping:

Birchbox

Blissmo (because I signed up for a 3 month sub, but also because I like it!)

Julep Maven - It Girl (i'll probably skip quite a few months though since i'll be out of the country for awhile) I just bought the one cent intro box and the Mystery box, yay!

Chopping Block:

Sample Society (I was frustrated with their shipping/online issues, now it's just because I'm just not sure if i'll get much use out of the products)

Sindulge (deciding after my free box)

Love With Food (got the free box, it was great! but not really worth $14...check out my blog if you want to see what I got)

Canceled:

The Look Bag - I really liked the first box...I just didn't see anything I was interested in for this month. Maybe i'll rejoin if April's looks good.

Myglam

Birchbox

Sample Society 

Cancelled: BeautyFix. $50 a month is way too much money to me. But they have really nice CS people! 

Have accounts on beautymint, stylemint, jewelmint, and a bunch of those but nothing on them has made me want to spend $30. 

BeautyFix is $50 per quarter. Not monthly. They have mostly all full sizes too! This is one of my faves :D Currently I'm subbed monthly to: MyGlam The Look Bag Julep Maven Beauty Army Green Grab Bag And just canceled Sindulge (what a load of crap that was) Quarterly I'm subbed to: New Beauty Test Tube (QVC edition) New Beauty Test Tube (regular version) BeautyFix

I REALLY want to sign up for the QVC Test Tube version, I hope I get lucky and squeeze in the next time they offer it.

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

Myglam

Birchbox

Sample Society 

BeautyFix is $50 per quarter. Not monthly. They have mostly all full sizes too! This is one of my faves biggrin.gif

Currently I'm subbed monthly to:
MyGlam
The Look Bag
Julep Maven
Beauty Army
Green Grab Bag

And just canceled Sindulge (what a load of crap that was)

Quarterly I'm subbed to:
New Beauty Test Tube (QVC edition)
New Beauty Test Tube (regular version)
BeautyFix

I will admit I am sooo Addicted to these! It's fun to try new products and get special goodies in the mail.

Jewelmint-I often skip months because I don't like the items or I feel they aren't worth $30

Julep Maven-I plan on skipping some months

Bircbbox-I signed up for two to guarantee that I receive the TV box this month but I Might cancel my second account

Myglam-I received my first bag in January. I might cancel depending on how the next few months go, though I bet the month I cancel it will be awesome and I'll miss out!

BeautyArmy-I love that I get to pick my samples but it can be frustrating taking the quiz several times before I get results I like. If they do not provide different companies and selections I will probably cancel them in a month or two. I'm happy we'll eventually be able to skip a month! Their customer service is superb!

Green Grab Bag-I love trying organic/natural Beauty products

The Look Bag

Sample Society

QVC Test Tube

Beautyfix

Sindulge-I am only paying 1cent and from the looks of it will probably cancel this right away after I receive my box in the mail.

New Ones I Should Receive this Month

1. Eco Emi-I will probably cancel them depending on how much I like Goodebox since I already have the Green Grab Bag and they are all green/natural products but Ecoemi has fewer beauty items

2. Goodebox-I'm kind of excited about this one!

3. Beauty Box 5

Monthly Boxes I order from time to time

Little Black Boxes

Divaliscious Sample Box

My Dream Sample Box

Sampler Village Box

I'm on the waiting list for

Curlbox, TheSoapBox, and Glossybox USA

I want to try Blissmobox but only when they have beauty items as an option

I cancelled-Regular Test Tube but loved almost everything in my QVC tube test tube

Be careful with the stuff you get from Eco-Emi. Check the expiration dates especially on food as she's sent out at least twice since October/November food that expired.

Thanks!! I looked it up and I emailed them so they can add me to the waitlist. 

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie View Post

It's from fortune cookie soap :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

whats the soap box?? :)

My list looks a bit different because I am Canadian but for beauty boxes I have:

Glymm

Luxe Box (loose button)

GlossyBox

TopBox (sub doesn't start until June)

BB5 (ships from U.S.)

Julep

Food/music:

Pairings Box (turntablekitchen.com)

Thinking about adding Little Shop Artisan Box

Oy, these subs are addicting!

I subscribe to:

-Birchbox

-Beauty Army

-MyGlam

-BeautyFix (canceling since they only add 10 new items per season)

-Beauty Box 5

-Sindulge

-Goodebox

Shoedazzle

Sole Society

Jewelmint

on the waitlist for Sample Society

Subscribe to:

Birchbox: will keep

New Beauty TestTube (regular version) Will keep. Good value for skincare. Big samples and full sizes.

Uncertainties:

Blissmobox: unsure about whether to keep. Value seems uneven across the boxes. 

Eco Emi: May keep or toss depending on the next couple of shipments. Will probably keep either Blissmo or Eco Emi.

Little Black Bag: Will probably skip frequently or cancel but I needed a new wallet so I thought I'd give them a try for a month or two.

Nopes:

Julep Maven: Will cancel. I just don't use them enough but had a coupon so I figured I'd try.

Waiting for:

Glossybox

Sample Society

Considering: 

one of the baby boxes as I'm expecting and think it might be a fun way to try new baby products (and not have to shop).

What I really wish is that Ulta or Sephora would do a Birchbox type thing each month and you could stack your review points there. Sephora is so stingy and mean (even to VIBs) but they carry a lot of brands that I like.

Thats funny because I think the same thing about Sephora. The sales people are so snotty, I have only ran across a nice one ONCE. I also get the same feeling from Ulta, so I tend to do my shopping online.1

Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Subscribe to:

Birchbox: will keep

New Beauty TestTube (regular version) Will keep. Good value for skincare. Big samples and full sizes.

Uncertainties:

Blissmobox: unsure about whether to keep. Value seems uneven across the boxes. 

Eco Emi: May keep or toss depending on the next couple of shipments. Will probably keep either Blissmo or Eco Emi.

Little Black Bag: Will probably skip frequently or cancel but I needed a new wallet so I thought I'd give them a try for a month or two.

Nopes:

Julep Maven: Will cancel. I just don't use them enough but had a coupon so I figured I'd try.

Waiting for:

Glossybox

Sample Society

Considering: 

one of the baby boxes as I'm expecting and think it might be a fun way to try new baby products (and not have to shop).

What I really wish is that Ulta or Sephora would do a Birchbox type thing each month and you could stack your review points there. Sephora is so stingy and mean (even to VIBs) but they carry a lot of brands that I like.

Updated List:

Birchbox x2

Beauty Army

MyGlam

Sample Society

Beauty Box 5

Sindulge

Goodebox

Look Bag

Green Grab Bag

New Beauty Test Tube (QVC version)
New Beauty Test Tube (Regular version)

Bluum

Citrus Lane

Kiwi Crate

Babba box

Blissmobox and their "Break" box

Conscious box

Love With Food

Shoemint

Waiting on:

Glossy box

Soap box

Cancelled: healthy surprise, little passports

Do most of these services ship around the beginning of the month?

I would love it if I could get a different box every week. Something to look forward to. :)

Well, I am down to just Sample Society. Birchbox has disappointed me too many times. I can't wait for GlossyBox to open.