gogogirlfriend complaints!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are other threads for this, but I thought this was a more appropriate place to start a thread. I know this is somewhat of an old topic but I have been lurking this forums for quite a while and am finally at my whits end with this program. I have received one box (November, i think) and was charged for my second box. I figured, okay they are having  hard time filling their orders, i can understand that. I hadn't been charged all of January, so i was like, fine if they don't charge me before my second box ships, no big deal as long as i'm getting what I pay for. So TODAY i log into my bank account and see a pending charge from gogogirlfriend! I pretty much lost it. My last box shipped on Dec. 16! and nothing since then. So anyway, I sent them this E-mail and am waiting to see what happens.

Quote: I have been charged three times for my gogogirlfriend membership and have only recieved one membership box. It has been over a month and a half since my last box shipped and almost three months since I signed up on your site. I understand that the membership fee is for a membership to gogogirlfriend but a condition of that membership on your end is to send out a box. Since I have not received my box for December or January I would like both my December and January membership fees refunded. If this doesn't happen in a timely manner I will be reporting your shady business practices to both the Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau and will be telling everyone of my YouTube subscribers not to purchase anything from you ever again.   I expect this to be resolved, ME

they sent me this automated sob story response which it seems would have been better suited to send out to all members BEFORE they effing complain on your site:

Quote: Hello, thank you for emailing us our customer service is available M-F8:00 - 6:00 P.M. PST. We will get back to you within 24 hours duringbusiness work days with your question if other than sample boxshipping which is answered below.If you are asking about your free membership sample box, we can assureyou that you will receive your samples. Your member home page will beupdated and a tracking confirmation will be sent to you when yourshipment is confirmed by USPS.  You will not be charged anothermembership fee unless your samples have shipped.We would like to give you a few details on our recent delays, itcertainly has been a challenging few months. We have had a fewvendors/sponsors that put us in a terrible position, by not fulfillingtheir sample commitments on time, leaving us in a position of havingto scramble last minute for samples elsewhere.  Our fulfillment centeralso was closed for 1 week, as well as USPS picking up and theirdistribution centers not shipping as we thought.  We try to plan 3months out and some issues are beyond our control, end of year hasbeen very difficult for us with non delivery by vendors until laterdates, etc.We hope to be back on track very soon and trying to keep positive thatall will work out.  We truly appreciate your business, please beassured we are working furiously to get everything flowing smoothagain.  We are doing everything possible to get the samples sent out.Deeply appreciated, GGG Team :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is some BS.

lol ~try to keep positive that all will work out~. I work customer service for a nonprofit and I feel like my boss would laugh at me and then fire me if I said that. 

Yeah, they're super shady. I was waiting until my free December box was physically shipped out before I cancelled my membership, so I logon to cancel yesterday but low & behold, they had already charged me $12.99 on January 27th. I emailed them requesting a refund and to cancel, and they responded with the whole "it's non refundable and the box is just a bonus" garbage.

I responded with this and I haven't gotten a reply yet:

So what you're telling me is, even though you've sent my past two boxes out nearly two months late, that you can't extend me the courtesy of refunding a membership fee, which was charged merely three days ago, for a service that has been subpar and continually delinquent?

Yeah, its crazy, it seems the only way to get something out of these people is to threaten them...which clearly i'm not above, and will most def follow through with. I'm interested to see what the response is.

Also what's discusting is that they never actually apologize or take any responsibility in their response. I don't know what kind of business operates then expects to succeed.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, they're super shady. I was waiting until my free December box was physically shipped out before I cancelled my membership, so I logon to cancel yesterday but low & behold, they had already charged me $12.99 on January 27th. I emailed them requesting a refund and to cancel, and they responded with the whole "it's non refundable and the box is just a bonus" garbage.

I responded with this and I haven't gotten a reply yet:
If I were in your shoes I would let them know I find the "free box" to be a scam because their site states you get get a box each month - which you did not - and that "about 3 weeks after your membership billing every month if you're a premium member, or the same date every 2 months if you're a basic member" which you have no been getting a box monthly despite being a "premium member". Also tell them you're filing a complaint with their state's Attorney General's Office along with your own state's ATG and with the FTC since they are not living up to what they detailed on their website. Also file a dispute with your bank ASAP and simply state to your bank that this company keeps charging you for products you are not getting and that you have made contact with them to request a refund.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will probably do all of them! lol

Just to clarify though, my December's box was really free because I cashed out my points :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I were in your shoes I would let them know I find the "free box" to be a scam because their site states you get get a box each month - which you did not - and that "about 3 weeks after your membership billing every month if you're a premium member, or the same date every 2 months if you're a basic member" which you have no been getting a box monthly despite being a "premium member". Also tell them you're filing a complaint with their state's Attorney General's Office along with your own state's ATG and with the FTC since they are not living up to what they detailed on their website. Also file a dispute with your bank ASAP and simply state to your bank that this company keeps charging you for products you are not getting and that you have made contact with them to request a refund.

So here is an update: They basically sent me an email back saying my box was in the mail....which its not. i haven't received any type of confirmation of that so this is the email i sent back titled "last email before legal action":

Quote: This is the last email I will send you. I sent you an email asking for my account to be canceled and for my membership fee from this month and last month to be refunded. You responded with some bs answer about how my box shipped over a week ago, although I still haven't received ANY type of confirmation of that. This is the ABSOLUTE worst experience I have ever had with a company. I responded to your email with this:   "Okay, What I haven't heard is your company taking any responsibility for whats going on and more importantly I haven't heard when my money will be refunded or a confirmation that my account has been canceled. I absolutely do not want the product that I have not received and from my experience with mass shipping, you have not put in the mail. What I want is my money back and my account canceled.   If this is not the next response I receive I will be taking legal action in more ways than one."   Since I have heard absolutely nothing since i sent this email two days ago I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you for whatever reason cant get email responses at that address. Since the above seems to not be clear to you let me spell it out IF I DO NOT GET MY MONEY BACK I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH MY BANK, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN BOTH OF OUR STATES, AND WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER AND TAKING THE APPROPRIATE LEGAL ACTION. This will happen at close of business day on Monday if my money is not pending in my bank account.   I hope you make the right decision.

and another update

them

Quote: Hello April, this is confirmation of your cancellation.  We are sorry membership fees are not refundable, we do not sell the samples.  You have one last sample box that will be shipping to you in a few weeks.  Thank you.

me:

Quote: That is absolutely untrue - I have spoken to several people who have had their membership fees refunded. - For some reason you have to continually bother you in order to get them refunded. None the less, I am still going ahead with the reports if my money is not refunded to me.

Don't feel bad, after several back and forth emails, they refuse to refund me also. Guess they realllllly need that $12.99.

I have been lurking in here since I discovered subscriptions a few month back. I am so glad I did not sign up for this one. Please, please, contact your credit card companies right away and file a dispute. Also, block any additional transactions from gogogirlfriend. I am not really sure how far the other threats will get you, but once you set the dispute in motion with the bank, you hit them where it hurts!

yeah - i will be doing that for sure - i just resubmitted the last message through their site bc it seems to be the only way that they will respond and included this as yet ANOTHER reason they should be refunding my money:

Quote: In addition I would like to say that since your membership is not billed in arrears I have just paid for a service I am not receiving; ie I paid for the upcoming month, which I am not getting since I just canceled. And as you said the box is not what we are paying for - its the membership - so i don't care if i get another box or not. I'm not getting my membership, which according to you is what I am being charged for. So in layman terms you are charging me for a service that I am not getting, especially since the box is a "free" perk of the membership to your site. That alone is grounds for a refund, not to mention your abysmal customer service and company function.

They need to get punched in the face. I'm sorry you're having so many issues with them. I hope you get it resolved soon and that they go out of business b/c they're ridiculous. How on earth can they justify charging you and not sending boxes? I think they need to stop kidding themselves...

Gogogirlfriend has scam written all over it and its a matter of time before they are fined for their business practices or go out of business. They cannot reclass a sampling subscription service to a membership service with a free box and not ship the box. Then believe this practice is ok because they sold you a membership..and not a box; a membership to what?  Not to mention people who have been double or triple billed for this same service. Finally, the Deluxe Boxes for $28 (not a membership) they presold the first week of December,  which still have not shipped 60 days later. They continue to claim they ware waiting for "one more product"  -- Stay away from GoGoGirlfriend!        

I replied in the main forum about them. They kept billing me after I canceled, too. :

So I got two boxes from Gogogirlfriend this week - the first was the one iv'e seen in a bunch of videos - the next day i got a box full of a bunch of stuff i'm sure was just lying around their office - i made a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQp1bxgfiE

It is pathetic...I'm appalled that anyone would conduct their business this way.

Seems like the Camille Beckman and Oluv products along with Blossom are the only "name" brands (ones I never heard of before GGG) they send out. I see $1 ELF products from time to time and other clearanced out stuff. I still haven't used the Tarte lipgloss they sent me in my box (back in October?) because it had no name on it, didn't come sealed, had no ingredients listed on it and came off as an old, discontinued item from Tarte.

Latest posts

Back