Julep's Valentine Day Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm so happy I didn't pay for this out of pocket. I had a $30 voucher from them to use and so I used it on the Valentine's Day Box of Mystery. Price for the box $19.99 plus tax = $21.89. I ordered this on February 2 and it arrived February 8. The one thing I'll give Julep is they ship pretty quickly but I am within the same state.

The exterior of the shipping box.​
 ​
Opened it up and this is exactly what I saw.​
 ​
My packing slip/invoice.​
 ​

You don't like? I thought the pattern was cute. lol I wouldn't wear it though because I have very short nails.

I don't think so. I just saw on the Julep Facebook someone else's blog post. She got nail appliques, a hand scrub, two polishes, white star glitter and a piece of chocolate.

She got:

• Julep Nail Appliques - Rivets $14
  • Pomegranate Scrub, 4 oz - $18
  • Taylor $14
  • January $14
  • White/pink star glitter $0
  • Piece of heart shape chocolate $0

Total box value: $60

​

eh.. i have a feeling i won't be happy unless i get a box with $200 worth of stuff. i don't know why i got a mystery box. i got my tax return and kinda went crazy with online shopping. i like julep when i know what to expect.

i've never used these things.. do they not work if you have short nails, or do you just not like how it looks on short nails?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't like? I thought the pattern was cute. lol I wouldn't wear it though because I have very short nails.

I don't like how it looks on short nails. You basically waste the entire strip and if it's a pattern you lose the pattern.

Some patterns still work on short nails (though I can see how that one would NOT). The Sally Hansen leopard and written word ones spring to mind.

hmm I didn't order one of these and I'm still kind of on the fence on whether I should've ordered it or not. I really want that hand scrub, but I just got a free grapefruit sugar scrub from Zoya so I definitely don't need it lol. And it will probably eventually come in a maven box.

I have short nails and I just cut down the appliqué to fit. I'm hoping I get different colors because I own those already. 

Mine came today (along w/ 2 beauty army boxes!). Meh. I will take a pic later

Demi polish

Holly polish

Cuticle oil

Topcoat hair

Glittery crap

I hope I don't get glittery crap.. The last glitter I got was way too thick for nails. I put it on my toes and it pealed off right away.  I just hope I don't get something I already have.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine came today (along w/ 2 beauty army boxes!). Meh. I will take a pic later

Demi polish

Holly polish

Cuticle oil

Topcoat hair

Glittery crap

I'm pretty happy with mine, though I didn't luck out on colors. I got one color I had already (Demi), which I might keep because I like, but I also got an unlabeled pale pink that I doubt I'll ever wear. :

Topcoat for Hair

Essential Cuticle Oil

Glitter Pot

Demi

Unnamed Pale Pink Shimmer?

Chocolate

Latest posts

Back