What's Irritating You Today Rant Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today what is really irritating me is just about everything. I had a bad case of insomnia last night and wasn't able to get to sleep until well after 2. I had to be in the office by 7 for an all day training that got out at 4 and then drive across town for class. Add 2 hours of graphing algebra that is completely kicking my ass on top of not eating all day (wasn't really hungry) and you have me complete in my cranky pants!

spank.gif

scream3.gif

bang.gif

tonton.gif

The SO and I are going out to dinner. I may order a martini...or 12.

I feel you! It seems like EVERYTHING has been going really crappy today. Here are some of the things that have really caused me to get stress, irritated, sad and angry:

• Operating on about 4 hours of sleep
  • PMSing...hardcore. I'm super bloated, craving chocolate like a mad lady, and my boobs really hurt.
  • Got my thesis proposal totally torn apart, so I have a ton of edits to make on that
  • My cat's eye is infected, and I'm really hoping the medicinal ointment we've been putting on it works because we can't afford a vet visit this month
  • My husband's grad program screwed up his funding, leaving us with about $300 to get to the end of the month
  • Being unable to work out because I'm so far behind on my work
  • Spending about 23980 hours reading depressing articles about murder and genocide
  • not getting a shipping confirmation from either MyGlam or BB

And...that's just for today. Blegh. Mail me some martinis!!

mine is:

my grandmother having to declare bankruptcy on our home so we have to look for a new home b/c we cant come up with the 3,000 down it would take to keep us here. Or we might end up homeless with a 3 year old as we have no family where we live. I'm also pissed that banks require money down now b/c of their f*** ups in years past that lead to the recession. Freddie mac can kiss my ass.

*hugs* to all of you gals, first and foremost

For me, the biggest bummer today is finding out that the three days I took off over the weekend due to the death of the aunt who raised me can not be classified as bereavement leave since she wasn't immediate family, but are classed as sick days. Which ALSO means that if (heaven forbid) something happens to my old man's mom....I can't get leave for that, either, since he and I are not married and do not live together (even though we have been together for 7 years--long story). 

In minor annoyances, I had bought that Deborah Lippman Candy Shop nailpolish to try to cheer myself up about my aunt. Before I even had a chance to wear it....it fell on the floor and absolutely shattered. SOME of it was salvaged, but it's like the appeal of it isn't the same in the decanted bottle (I'm gonna get another bottle of it, and give the decanted one to my roommate).

Oh, AND we found out today that our bonus will not be the usual amount. My company sets a "target amount" for our bonus--well, every year so far, we've gotten up to 150% of that bonus. This year? 90%. Still gonna be nice, but it's cutting me about $1000 off of what I had expected to get.

LOVE this thread!

• Recently my cousin passed away, and he was like a brother to me. I used to call him Manong (in my language means older brother) Junior. He left behind his amazing wife and his FOUR beautiful kids (15, 12, 8 and 1). Every night I think of ways I can help out the family. Every morning my mind picks up where I left off the night before. This never leaves my mind. I can't stop thinking about the heartache everyone is going through. I can hardly get myself to cry because I feel selfish for grieving when I know his immediate family feels it a million times more.
  • Lately, I've been pretty resentful of everyone's happy posts on facebook!!!
  • I work in San Francisco and parking is a pain in the booty!!! It's been raining all day!!! Now I'm sitting here in the office with some nasty wet jeans and a cold cup of coffee.
  • I went on giftinggrace.com to buy the Ray Ban aviators for 50% off and they're no longer on the site!

I wrote my cousins obituary, so if you're interested in reading the article here's the link: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?n=amadio-arcinas&pid=155723564&fhid=2515

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love is very difficult to deal with. *hugs*

Thank you guys... It's been tough on our entire family and I can only imagine what his wife and kids are going through.

Definitely looking forward to better days :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The acting team leader I have at work's contract was til March 31.  We can't stand her!!! We were thinking that date was coming up fast, then we got an email saying her contract as acting team leader's been extended til March 31, 2013!!!!  

For background, let me say that I live with my roommate, her boyfriend, and her two kids. For the past few months, her sister has been staying with us, while she gets back on her feet. Every other week, the sister's three kids stay with us as well. The sheer amount of people in the house during those weeks makes it a little difficult for me to do stuff like laundry and my own chores, just because I work nights, and wind up surrounded by people in the house if I try to do anything during the day, and wake everyone else up if I try to do stuff at night. Last night, her son threw a large enough temper tantrum that she had to call the police (this is not the first time), and I spent most of the evening (well, about two hours) consoling and distracting the other kids, as well as (frankly) being freaked out myself, since I don't have kids FOR A REASON.

Ok, fine, no problem.....except that....I HAVE to get my laundry and chores done today before 5 PM because I work tonight, tomorrow and Friday, and am leaving town Friday after work. I wasn't able to do any of this last night (my one day off this week).....and she has now decided to "reward" the kids by letting them ditch school today.

I. Am. Livid.

Ok, so I am at work and someone calls me and without any pleasantries, just asks me for the phone number to a business that is my competitor!!  And, believe it or not, this happens all the time.  I mean seriously, I am not AT&T or the yellow pages.  Are people too honest to God lazy to pick up a phone book and look the number up themselves.  WTH????

HAHA. I have debated writing a "Memoires of an Office witch" book. I am a manager for a real estate office and I just love when I answer the phone and someone goes WHAT? IS THIS JCPENNY? and when I say no, they say "WELL WHATS THE NUMBER FOR JCPENNY" lmao. If only I could punch them through the phone...

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so I am at work and someone calls me and without any pleasantries, just asks me for the phone number to a business that is my competitor!!  And, believe it or not, this happens all that time.  I mean seriously, I am not AT&T or the yellow pages.  Are people too honest to God lazy to pick up a phone book and look the number up themselves.  WTH????

LOL! I used to work for the Office of Family Services (aka the welfare office) when I was much younger and I worked the switchboard pretty frequently.  I could tell you stories that would raise your hair!

Ok, so I am at work and someone calls me and without any pleasantries, just asks me for the phone number to a business that is my competitor!!  And, believe it or not, this happens all the time.  I mean seriously, I am not AT&T or the yellow pages.  Are people too honest to God lazy to pick up a phone book and look the number up themselves.  WTH????

lol I answer the phones at my job sometimes, and I so often want to just be like "WHAT IS A GOOGLE??!!!!"

After almost 20 mins of being tossed from one person to the next, I finally get a hold of someone at the USPS to proceeds to tell me they have no idea where my parcel went after it was scanned on the 7th of Feb. Oh and to make things better, the case I opened on Friday, the one where they said they'd call me back on Monday with the info?

Yeah, that was closed. No call to me. And better yet, they closed it with no more details and so they refuse to look into it anymore. Which is fine but ya know, A PHONE CALL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!

Asshats. 
devilish.gif

You are a lot nicer than I am.  I'm afraid I would have driven half a dozen  people crazy until they found my package or at least made an effort!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After almost 20 mins of being tossed from one person to the next, I finally get a hold of someone at the USPS to proceeds to tell me they have no idea where my parcel went after it was scanned on the 7th of Feb. Oh and to make things better, the case I opened on Friday, the one where they said they'd call me back on Monday with the info?

Yeah, that was closed. No call to me. And better yet, they closed it with no more details and so they refuse to look into it anymore. Which is fine but ya know, A PHONE CALL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!

Asshats. 
devilish.gif

You are a lot nicer than I am.  I'm afraid I would have driven half a dozen  people crazy until they found my package or at least made an effort!
The lady on the other line didn't think I was very nice, let me tell you. I told her what I thought of her and their whole operation.

Latest posts

Back