At home mani/pedi tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently wrote this blog post on DIY Manicure and Pedicure tips, and I thought I'd share it here as well.

Here are my fool proof steps for great at-home nails!

1) Clean. Remove all your old polish and scrub your hands and feet with an exfoliating scrub.

2) Cuticles. Use a cuticle remover (I like Sally Hansen's) to soften up your cuticles, then push them away with a shaping stick. Make sure you wash off all the remover when you're done and don't leave it on your skin too long!

3) Cut and file.

4) Buff.

5) Prep. Lightly swipe a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over each nail.

6) Prime. Use a strengthening bottom coat.

7) Polish. Use two coats, allowing a few minutes drying time in between.

8) Top coat. I LOVE Sally Hansen's "Dries Instantly" top coat - it really dries the polish quickly and helps me avoid nicks or smudges.

9) Moisturize. Once the polish is dry, use a Vitamin-E rich oil to moisturize your nail beds and shine up your polish job.

Voila, you're done! Good luck!

Thank you for the tips!!  I've never had much luck with nail-polish . . .   but now I know why.

I don't usually do even half of these steps. . .

Just another tip for at home pedis: Invest in a footbath. I got a "party heels" one at Ulta for 30 dollars and I use it almost every day. Its so relaxing and soaking my feet in it makes them softer. Additionally, a product with tea tree oil for your feet really does help to control stinky feet. :p

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just another tip for at home pedis: Invest in a footbath. I got a "party heels" one at Ulta for 30 dollars and I use it almost every day. Its so relaxing and soaking my feet in it makes them softer. Additionally, a product with tea tree oil for your feet really does help to control stinky feet. :p

Thanks for the tips!

[SIZE=12pt]If you don’t have time to paint your nails, just take off the polish and moisturize. It will look much better than chipped paint. If you don’t have cuticle oil, olive oil works just as well. Light polish is easier to maintain than dark.[/SIZE]

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by littlekoala /img/forum/go_quote.gif

5) Prep. Lightly swipe a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over each nail.

Awesome!!

Sometimes I use alcohol and sometimes I use nail polish remover - it depends on what I have readily available.

Latest posts

Back