Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
calexxia

Have You Cancelled?

Recommended Posts

I cancelled after February's bag and I don't regret it at all after seeing March's bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Wida View Post

 

I cancelled after February's bag and I don't regret it at all after seeing March's bag.

 

 

I cancelled after February's bag as well. I was anticipating some financial issues and couldn't justify so many subscriptions, so I cancelled all but Birchbox.

 

After seeing the bag I am glad I cancelled. Nothing in the March bag looks exciting to me, except the $25 off $50, and it irritates me that MyGlam relies so heavily on their gift codes. Especially compared to the Teen Vogue box I am about to receive with a full size Tarte LipSurgence and a full size Essie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled (had them completely wipe my account) and I'm still getting a bag.

 

What I think is interesting is that they told me to keep it, whereas when I got two January bags they had me send my second bag back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by sprite9034 View Post

 

I cancelled (had them completely wipe my account) and I'm still getting a bag.

 

What I think is interesting is that they told me to keep it, whereas when I got two January bags they had me send my second bag back.

 

did they pay for you to send it back? 

 

 

 

they must have realized that was awful customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just canceled. I was going to stay subscribed but then I really thought aobut it and decided I can take 10 dollars and buy something I really want...or save it. I have too many samples piling up and they will never get used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

 

did they pay for you to send it back? 

 

 

 

they must have realized that was awful customer service.

 

They told me to just write "return to sender" on it in Sharpie and drop it in a mail box. I assume that it got back to them ok :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too am canceling, I was thinking about staying because they mentioned more makeup next month and maybe another brush. It seemed promising but thinking about it more, I probably wouldn't like the "makeup" they picked (it's not going to be like December's bag) and the brush seems appealing but I can buy a really good one for $10. So I'm saving this $10 for when Glossybox opens up subscriptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided to cancel as well. I have seen subtle improvements, but this subscription at least at this time is not for me. Like others I signed up because of the January bag. I understand that some months will be hit and miss. My first bag had the sheer cover which was way too light for my skin tone. I could have sold it or traded it but the point of purchasing a sample bag or box is to at least be able to sample the product even if I don't like it.

It seemed the survey that we took when we first signed up was pointless though I know they said they are working on improving that.

 

The following month we had drugstore skin care products (one that made me break out and irritated my skin) and this month a couple small samples that we could have easily gotten for free that are of little use to me. I don't have a problem with drugstore products, in fact I enjoy for example using Neutrogena and Revlon but I prefer a company that introduces me to new and higher end items. The brush is decent but the fact that it smells makes me hesistant to use it. I have no use and I'm not comfortable using the xout product or the premiere because of breakouts. I don't think it was myglam's fault about the label but it doesn't make their company look good.

 

Shipping has improved, but they are still having issues. It's a bunch of little things which add up and become bigger issues and imo reflect negatively on the company as a whole. They have some tough competition since sample services are all the rage these days, and I personally feel there are better companies with better products and less issues. If I see significant improvement in the products and quality etc then I may consider rejoining. I still believe this company has potential but for now I'm going to spend my $10 somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled after I got my February bag. I know MyGlam is a new business, and I will cut them some slack, but I don't have to be their customer while they work out their issues. I will definitely consider re-joining in the future if their products and their service become better. :) Besides, I think MyGlam knew full well that their first month's bag was fabulous, and they did it on purpose to lure in clients. So they can't be surprised if people aren't happy when the months that followed have not lived up to the first month.

 

Just my two cents. 

 

Also it's my first post lol. Been lurking for a while. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also recently cancelled, even prior to receiving my bag, which came today. Whereas last month, I found some of their issues and drama to be somewhat endearing and entertaining, I just found it annoying this month. I also noticed (as some mentioned on another thread) that the sizes of the "OR" products varied greatly. I received the 3Lab, and found it humorous that the bottle clearly was labeled as a "BeautyFix" pick. Ha. Maybe we should all be going over there if that's the type of products that are offered.

 

Anyway, I debated whether to stick it out ANOTHER month, but what put the nail in the coffin was the fact that I was really excited about my Sample Society box this month, really excited about getting a Birchbox invite this week, and not so excited about anything to do with MyGlam. I know there was a rumor that Michelle Phan posted about next month being all makeup, but for me, I could care less. Sure, I'd like a little more makeup variety, but if their idea of makeup is sparkly, roll-on, bright green eyeshadow/body glitter, I'll look elsewhere. I am a professional in my late 20s; I really don't have much use for that. I wasn't a subscriber under the pretense of a ton of makeup anyhow.

 

In addition, I feel that I can't really trust the hype MyGlam makes in their posts about upcoming bags. I realize it is their job to get people excited, however, I feel that they get everyone so excited to a point that people become more disappointed than they may have originally been. Every month it is, "Omg this bag is going to be AWESOME! We guarantee YOU. WILL. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!" and then somehow, some aspect is a tremendous let down. Now, as it seems most girls have received their bags by now, they're not addressing everyone's disappointment but are onto hyping up next month by saying, "We PROMISE if you stick around, next month will be amazing!" Uh, haven't we heard this before? In saying this, the "community" has somehow become their biggest supporters and their worst nightmares.

 

In terms of the foil packets they gave out this month, I am not disappointed by those, nor do I completely blame the company for that. If they had poured those products into a small bottle instead of a foil packet, would people be more forgiving? I think so, just because the packaging isn't as disappointing. In the customers' defense though, we all know we can get some of those packets for free at Sephora, Ulta, and many other beauty-related retailers. Where is the value in that?

 

I would be willing and excited to try MyGlam again in the future, but for now, I want to spend my money elsewhere. Even if they someone put out a December-like bag next month, I won't regret my decision to unsubscribe. Right now, it just seems like too much of a gamble as to whether I feel my $10 was put to good use and I'm willing to place my bets on a more organized, more reliable company.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by sky595 View Post

 

In terms of the foil packets they gave out this month, I am not disappointed by those, nor do I completely blame the company for that. If they had poured those products into a small bottle instead of a foil packet, would people be more forgiving? I think so, just because the packaging isn't as disappointing. In the customers' defense though, we all know we can get some of those packets for free at Sephora, Ulta, and many other beauty-related retailers. Where is the value in that?

 

 

You know, you might be right; I have no qualms in admitting that if something is in packaging OTHER than a foil packette, even if it's the same amount, my PERCEIVED value of it is higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally cancelled. It was the smell from this months bag that put me over the edge. I hope I dont regret this next month but based on how things went this month maybe I will still get a bag for April anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled after just one bag (February).   I have no regrets!  After subbing to Birchbox and receiving high end samples in every box for four months in a row, I know that it is possible for a company to offer better samples than MyGlam, for the $10/month price.  I was actually put off before I even got my February bag because I felt like one of the Youtube videos posted by an ambassador (or whatever they're called) was extremely misleading.  I'm used to Beautyfix, which has been pretty good to me the past few years.  I'm actually overrun with full size/high end creams and cosmetics because of Beautyfix. . but I just can't stop! Even though I don't regret ending my sub to MG, I decided to look at their website to see if there have been any improvements from last month (like the addition of "how to" videos that were promised at the beginning).  Anyway, I was surprised by the pictures of the "samples" they claim you will get in your first bag.  They all appear full size - they should show pictures of the tiny little pouches people actually receive.  I know it's not my problem any more, but I feel bad for people who place their order and open their bag to find a few teeny one use sample pouches inside.  I get more samples than that on a visit to the mall. . . for free.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, about the 3Lab . . that's interesting!  I've been a BF subscriber since it started, maybe 3 years ago.  That cleansing foam was one of the very first offerings.  I actually love it and have picked it in several boxes since (it works so great with my Clarisonic).  But it does seem that an abundance of those foams were ordered, because I've seen so many other BF products disappear, but that 3Lab foam is a constant.  Why would MG offer a product from a competing sub service!?  Bizarre.  Oh, and BF also offered the Purlisse (full size) about 3 years ago (FWIW, Vaseline did a better job of moisturizing my lips than Purlisse).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Sadejane View Post

 

 I was actually put off before I even got my February bag because I felt like one of the Youtube videos posted by an ambassador (or whatever they're called) was extremely misleading.

 

Are you thinking of their Stylists (Beth, Andrea, Jessica, Promise or Michelle)? The Ambassadors are not the Stylists.

 

As for the products being misleading... I find that true with ALL companies which is why in several of my unboxing videos I've used a ruler or a coin to compare some of the products. I REALLY hate pictures on websites because sometimes the item looks so much larger than it really is. Even Birchbox, which I LOVE, tends to be misleading at times. Look at the Kate Spade perfume sample, on the website it says those getting Birchbox #4 are getting the kate spade new york Twirl - 3.4 fl oz which is not true at all. The REAL side that people got was not 3.4 fl oz but rather a vial size of approximately 0.05 fl oz. I wish companies would be more honest but that's the nature of companies to get people to buy their products.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the yearly subscription, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes till the end of the year :) Right now I would resubscribe but who knows for the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be a weirdo because I like MG. I've found products I actually use in every bag. My February bag has a slight smell but that went away not long after I opened it and I haven't experienced it again.

 

I love getting the brushes. It seems I use them more than my other brushes these days. No customer service problems or shipping problems thus far. If I get into Glossybox I'll likely drop BB instead of MG but we shall see. Might have to drop them both with that hefty $21 price tag.I would be more sad to see MG go than BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

 

I must be a weirdo because I like MG. I've found products I actually use in every bag. My February bag has a slight smell but that went away not long after I opened it and I haven't experienced it again.

 

I love getting the brushes. It seems I use them more than my other brushes these days. No customer service problems or shipping problems thus far. If I get into Glossybox I'll likely drop BB instead of MG but we shall see. Might have to drop them both with that hefty $21 price tag.I would be more sad to see MG go than BB.

 

I like MG too.. Minus the march bag I've been happier with MG than Birchbox, but I do like Birchboxes point system. I'll be dropping Julep for Glossybox. I'm super excited for Glossybox!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mszJessica View Post

 

 

I like MG too.. Minus the march bag I've been happier with MG than Birchbox, but I do like Birchboxes point system. I'll be dropping Julep for Glossybox. I'm super excited for Glossybox!!! :)

 

        I've only been with birchbox for a couple of months, but they're very good so far. I was with Myglam since February and, to me, the contents of the

bags got consistently... well, bad, imo! I actually loved the mask they sent in February; March was awful, with its teency foil samples; April was just okay. I already had the urban decay eyeliner they had sent me, but I was fine with receiving an extra.

 

        I never, ever had any problems with shipping. My bag was always on time. I think that was a plus because I've heard many others complain about the issues MG has had in the past with shipping mishaps.

 

        With all the other subscription services, MG just didn't measure up for me. Some people might say, "Well, what do you expect for just $10?" And my answer would be-- a little competitiveness. They are a growing company, after all, and I'm sure they are aware that other subscription services exist. For just $10/month, MyGlam offers at least one full size item (maybe), the occasional makeup brush (which I actually loved) and some foil packets. For the same price, other subscription services offer at least 2-4 deluxe samples. If I can walk into any Sephora and get a wide range of foil packet samples for free and then buy a lipstick that suits my complexion for under $10 (elsewhere! Not at Sephora. lol), what's my incentive for sticking with myglam?

 

         I really do hope that in the future they start to pay attention to the beauty surveys in order to better connect with their clientele. Totally rooting for them. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my second bag last week and I wasn't terribly impressed. I plan to stick it out another month and probably cancel after that unless they send something particularly spectacular. I also just joined Sample Society and Test Tube so we'll see how BB and MG stack up compared to those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • In my opinion, Tinder is more like an application for finding a partner for one night. This is completely frivolous for me. If I look for a girl for myself, then I will start browsing serious sites. You can see an approximate review in this source. When a girl talks about marriage, this gives a better chance of a long and serious relationship.
    • Greetings! A variety of t-shirts are in fashion nowadays and I am going to share the most trendy ones: Plain White Tees - If you are thinking that plain white tees are getting out of fashion then you are wrong. Either you wear tuck tees with jeans or full sleeve plain white tees with jackets. They always look cool. Graphic T-Shirts - Yes, the craze of graphic tees is increasing not only in public but also among the celebs. Even the big brands like Nike and Gucci are also offering logo tees. You can also see some unique women graphic tees here. Colorful Dye T-Shirts - On the other hand, girls are also crazy to wear Dye t-shirts. You can see the following ones in this regard. What other tees trends do you think should females must follow in this regard? I am waiting for your responses and suggestions.   
    • I think both of them are looking awesome. However, I like the grey more. I can understand how tough it is to go with a single option. I am also willing to get an awesome men graphic tee for my husband from here but it is getting tough for me to go with a single option because I like all of them. However, I shortlisted these two. What do you think which one is more good. 
    • At Spiceurbeauty, we use only the safest hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers which are semi-permanent only. The effects will fade gradually as the filler biodegrades but should last between 9 to 12 months. Excessive exercise or dehydration can contribute to minimizing the benefits of hyaluronic fillers. To maintain your fuller lips it is recommended that you come back to us on an annual basis or sooner for a smaller top up if desired and deemed suitable. The filler will biodegrade and be excreted naturally over time.
    • The Lip fillers that we use at Spiceurbeauty are manufactured with an anaesthetic, which makes the lip enhancement treatment less painful as it numbs the skin. We would not carry out lip treatments without adding anaesthesia due to client safety. If during your procedure you feel uncomfortable, tell your practitioner and ask for a break Or if you can have additional topical cream  

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×