Walgreens, Target, TJMaxx, and Sephora Haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweakabell

Bringing you peace one war at a time
Reaction score
First haul, yay! This is by no means a normal haul. I rarely buy makeup but since my arm has been in a sling for the past month I've been shopping more than usual.

From Top:

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstain in Cranberry Crush- Target (Clearance)

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstain in Bitten Berry - Target (Clearance)

Boxed Set theBalm Beauty Essentials - TJMaxx

Balm Shelter in Light/Medium

The Stainiac in Beauty Queen

Hot Mama Shadow/Blush

Bahama Mama Bronzer/Shadow

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk - Walgreens

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal - Walgreens

Milani  Eyeshadow in Caribbean Sea - Target (Clearance)

Maybelline Eye Studio Duo in Tantalizing Teal - Target (Clearance)

Sephora Perfecting Eye Primer - Sephora

Benefit POREfessionally Pretty set - Sephora

The POREfessional

Erase Paste in Medium

Girl Meets Pearl

E.L.F. Blotting papers - Target

Swatches

Left to Right

Hot Mama

Bahama Mama

Stainiac

The lighting in this one is a little off because my husband took it (Right arm can't hold the camera) Pomegranate punk is more reddish than brown

Left To Right

Colorsensational in Bitten Berry

Colorsensational in Cranberry Crush

Eye Studio Duo Marbled Side Tantalizing Teal

Eyestudio Duo Solid Side Tantalizing Teal

Milani Eyeshadow Caribbean Sea

24 Hour Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk

24 Hour Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal

It definitely doesn't look as red as it did in the jar, it is more brown than I thought it would be, on my skin tone anyway but it's not as brown as it looks in the picture. I have pink undertones and I think it's fighting the red in the shadow if that makes sense. On me it ends up like a deep bronze with a red tint. It's not the color I was going for but it is pretty. Just goes to show that colors really do change depending on your skin tone. When my arm is feeling better I'll try and get some pictures in natural light.

I really need to check TJMaxx for stuff by the balm. I can see the store from my balcony and walk there in about 5 mintues so I don't know why I don't ever go. 

Yea I went to Marshall's after and got the shady lady palette vol 3 for $5 on clearance because two of the shadows were destroyed luckily I'm not picky about stuff like that. I picked up the Hey mama set and the smokey eye kit also. I'm loving theBalm at TJMAXX and Marshall's, it's the only way I could afford it.

Ahh I have a Marshall's near by too, and a Ross. All 3 within walking distance lol. This could be bad news for my wallet. 

I picked up that same TheBalm set at my TJ Maxx over the weekend.  It was only $12.99!  You can't beat that!

Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It definitely doesn't look as red as it did in the jar, it is more brown than I thought it would be, on my skin tone anyway but it's not as brown as it looks in the picture. I have pink undertones and I think it's fighting the red in the shadow if that makes sense. On me it ends up like a deep bronze with a red tint. It's not the color I was going for but it is pretty. Just goes to show that colors really do change depending on your skin tone. When my arm is feeling better I'll try and get some pictures in natural light.

What I love about the Pomegranate Punk is how very NATURAL it looks on my skin, when blended properly. Like an enhanced nude, almost.

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up that same TheBalm set at my TJ Maxx over the weekend.  It was only $12.99!  You can't beat that!

I know! There's not a piece in the set that can be bought for under $15. If they'd had two I would have bought another because I like everything except Bahama Mama.

Fun stuff!

The Balm stuff at TJ Maxx/Marshall's is dangerous for the wallet.  Nice to hear some of it might be on clearance, though!

How are the Stainiacs?

I picked up a set near Christmas (for myself...dur) with that tinted moisturizer (I really like it). The other concealers in there were really awesome too.  I'm likely going to repurchase the heck out of Liquid Time Balm.  It actually ticks around unlike nearly everything else I've tried.

And depending on where you go, some Milani stuff is still 75% off at CVS as well if you can find it.  My problem is I can't stop finding it and I have bought just about everything.  I highly recommend the lip stir glosses (although it's hard to tell what color they really are in the packaging) and the blushes.  Hell, I've liked it all.

Back