Jump to content
Hezzie

What did you get at Ulta this week??

Recommended Posts

Just a few pics of my order:

 

P2280413.JPG

Stupidly, I left out the mascara.

 

P2280410.JPG

Love this cream eyeshadow!

 

P2280412.JPG

This lip balm is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


are you happy with your makeup???
i wanted to get a balm but i just bought kiehls #1 so ill try ultas after that is gone.. 

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

Just a few pics of my order:

 

P2280413.JPG

Stupidly, I left out the mascara.

 

P2280410.JPG

Love this cream eyeshadow!

 

P2280412.JPG

This lip balm is great.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

 

I have like 5 Ulta e/s (besides the free kit I received with my order) and I love them. And I have the portfolio make up kit they had out in October, its awesome. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with anything in your order. I have tons of stuff from Nyx and I can honestly say that that there's not one thing I don't like. Let me know how you like the lip stain when you get it.

 

 

 

 

Not over the moon about the stain- It lasts okay (there's still color after I eat), and the color is really nice, like a slightly pinker natural lip color, but it tastes terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to dry down and that's enough time for the taste to fade, but it was certainly a shock the first time I tried it :)

 

Otherwise, I love all the shadows I got (Lustre and those in the Countryside free bag)- I tried them today with a primer and they've lasted and blended together really well. And the blush, mascara, and lip gloss in the kit were great, too.

 

The brushes in the free kit are terrible.

 

I ended up returning the Nyx palette- I got a couple of the Pixi/ Pop palettes from HauteLook, and didn't need that much shadow right now. Plus, the pans in the Nyx set were tiny.

 

Overall, thrilled with my first purchase- With the free bag, I feel like I got SO much stuff :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my order!

 LL

 

 

The whipped shadow is a little...complicated for me? lol, it got everywhere and looked really messy so I ended up blending it with a powder. How do you apply it hezzie? 

 

The lipstain is ok, it has a very sweet smell when you first apply it and the color wasn't great, but a second coat and the color payoff was great!

 

Obviously we all know what comes inside the purple cosmetics bag now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't used all of it yet but so far so good. The free stuff is OK. The eyeshadow is a little disappointing. I have other Ulta e/s and they're great, the pigmentation on these is mediocre but they're good if ur going for a subtle look. I like the mascara, it does actually make my lashes stand out.
 

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post


are you happy with your makeup???
i wanted to get a balm but i just bought kiehls #1 so ill try ultas after that is gone.. 



 



 

I agree about the brushes. The only thing I might use is the sponge tip applicator. That could be good for cream e/s.
 

Originally Posted by sprite9034 View Post


Not over the moon about the stain- It lasts okay (there's still color after I eat), and the color is really nice, like a slightly pinker natural lip color, but it tastes terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to dry down and that's enough time for the taste to fade, but it was certainly a shock the first time I tried it :)

 

Otherwise, I love all the shadows I got (Lustre and those in the Countryside free bag)- I tried them today with a primer and they've lasted and blended together really well. And the blush, mascara, and lip gloss in the kit were great, too.

 

The brushes in the free kit are terrible.

 

I ended up returning the Nyx palette- I got a couple of the Pixi/ Pop palettes from HauteLook, and didn't need that much shadow right now. Plus, the pans in the Nyx set were tiny.

 

Overall, thrilled with my first purchase- With the free bag, I feel like I got SO much stuff :)



 


I haven't used this particular cream shadow yet, but I do use cream shadows in general and I usually find it easier to use my finger. But I was thinking that the sponge tip applicator that came with the free stuff might be good for application.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Here's my order!

 LL

 

 

The whipped shadow is a little...complicated for me? lol, it got everywhere and looked really messy so I ended up blending it with a powder. How do you apply it hezzie? 

 

The lipstain is ok, it has a very sweet smell when you first apply it and the color wasn't great, but a second coat and the color payoff was great!

 

Obviously we all know what comes inside the purple cosmetics bag now! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried using a sponge at first but just ended up with my finger, lol. It was definitely a different consistency than any other cream I've worked with before, I think its the "whipped" part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah I did notice that. But once it dries it stays on there for a while. I swatched it on my hand and it was on there all day lol
 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

I tried using a sponge at first but just ended up with my finger, lol. It was definitely a different consistency than any other cream I've worked with before, I think its the "whipped" part. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

 

Yah I did notice that. But once it dries it stays on there for a while. I swatched it on my hand and it was on there all day lol

 

 

 

 

I think I'll for sure get used to it, I just need to not put it on in the mornings when I'm running late for work, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I immediately started using most of my Ulta shipment within a day of getting it, I'm not sure pictures of my products would look that nice. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I was going to share photos until I looked at my open nail buffer and thought, "Well, that doesn't look too pretty." icon_lol.gif I have a closed one too (I bought two) but, eh, I found my shipping notification email and that showed all the products I bought/the price, so I'll share that instead. I copy and pasted it onto MS paint. LOL.

 

Everything came up to $66.09 after tax. Free shipping. biggrin.gif

 

UltaFeb12.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using them off and on for the last 2 years. My skin always looks gorgeous after I use them and not as good when I slack on buying them. It's nearly a "Holy Grail" item, if not a holy grail item for me. I'm rarely without them. Super recommend! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

ohh, let me know what you think of those daily resurfacing disks! They look quite nice. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today has been all about Ulta! I finally did the reviews and swatches on the Paradise Bloom and Lavender Fields on my blog.

 

I even did TWO FOTDs for both palettes!  LOL Trying to figure out what I want to do with the dupe eye shadow and mascara though, I have too much stuff as it is! I don't need to have dupes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

 

Today has been all about Ulta! I finally did the reviews and swatches on the Paradise Bloom and Lavender Fields on my blog.

 

I even did TWO FOTDs for both palettes!  LOL Trying to figure out what I want to do with the dupe eye shadow and mascara though, I have too much stuff as it is! I don't need to have dupes!

 

Time for a giveaway on your blog, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

 

Time for a giveaway on your blog, lol. 

 

I thought about that but not sure what to do!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the orange free kit 2 weeks ago and I have been using the blush every day and the lipstick every other day or so, its a really nice neutral color on me. I rarely use mascara but the one in the kit works just fine for when I do. I do think the eye shadow sucks, I dont use it at all. I havent even opened one of the eye shadow quads, and may put it up for trade on MT. The brushes are ok, no problem using them. I did buy 2 ulta lip sticks that I really like both in coral colors. And an eye liner, which I like as well. I def have to buy the liquid eye liner some of you discussed. Cant wait to try that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like the brushes but in a pinch I guess they would be OK. The eyeshadows are not impressive. But I think for a soft subtle look they might work. Sounds like you got some nice stuff tho. I've used the liquid liner 2 or 3 times now and I love it.
 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

I got the orange free kit 2 weeks ago and I have been using the blush every day and the lipstick every other day or so, its a really nice neutral color on me. I rarely use mascara but the one in the kit works just fine for when I do. I do think the eye shadow sucks, I dont use it at all. I havent even opened one of the eye shadow quads, and may put it up for trade on MT. The brushes are ok, no problem using them. I did buy 2 ulta lip sticks that I really like both in coral colors. And an eye liner, which I like as well. I def have to buy the liquid eye liner some of you discussed. Cant wait to try that! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped by my local Ulta yesterday and they had all of the Sue Devitt items 75% off. I never really tried anything before but I picked up a few of the eye intensifier pencils and the gel to powders blushes. Everything was really lovely and great quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

 

I am holding out until they have another 20% off coupon

 

I have a 3.50 one right now and I feel like I can break my no buy if it means using that...but I shouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha! You still have to spend money to get the $3.50 off so it is technically breaking your no-buy lol I think we're all in the same boat right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

 

I've broke it almost every day lol. 

 

NOT throwing shade, BUT...if you've broken it almost every day, are you buying MORE or LESS than usual? I'm just nosy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Recent images in this topic

  • Posts

    • Thought i'd let you all know that members of the UK can enter a giveaway to win a hollywood mirror worth £200 from HD Mirrors They have a giveaway on their instagram and facebook open until next month
    • Hi,  I have pale skin and freckles and find it hard to figure out which type of concealer and/or foundation I should use. On top of that, I blush quite easily and would feel more comfortable if it didn't show through my makeup. That would make me feel a lot more confident. Any advice? Thanks!! Kristen
    • I have started using K-Beauty Products for 2 months, suggested by my friend as she was using it for a long time. Actually I got fed up by using skincare products from various brands and no results. But after using K-beauty products I have seen great results within a month. My favorite brand is Sulwhasoo and I'm loving their products. I order these products online from Althea at a discount price which makes me even happier.  
    • Thank you❤And I like grey too. It's so mysterious!
    • Your skincare routine should involve the following  1. CLEANSE- Thats the main part of any routine. Cleanse two times a day-once in morning and other in evening. 2. MOISTURE- The key to any healthy skin is by moisturizing it daily. ,  3. PROTECTION AGAINST THE SUN- Protection against the sun is the most important for oily skin. I would recommend you to use  water-based sunscreen as oil based sunscreens make you look greasy. And the do's other than this -Remove makeup before going to bed Keep your skin and body always hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eating fruits and vegetables that are highly rich in water.  

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2020 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

Eye Makeup Reviews

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lips

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Makeup Brushes and Tools

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
×
×
  • Create New...