Sign in to follow this  
ladygrey

March 2012 No-Buy Support!

This is for anyone who wants to participate in the March no-buy. Talk about what you used from your stash that you haven't used before, any products you've made major dents in, how your no-buy progress is going, if you slip up, or whatever you want!

Anything no-buy related is good to go!

Ok, I've got to be honest. I am going to be on a no buy for March but...I've already placed several hautelook orders of cosmetics and an ELF order that will be delivered in March. Which should make it easier, but for the last few months I've pretty much been getting a package a day or going to ulta...and now...idk how I'll survive. 

NOT TO GET ALL THERAPY ON YOU GUYS BUT: 

this all intensified and became so much worse when my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of January. icon_frown.gif  I blame him for my addiction.

Oh, and I'm keeping my subs which at this point are out of control and should help me make it through. Right now I have: 

Beauty Army x2

Birchbox x2 

beauty box 5 (free box though, probably going to cancel)

the look bag

sindulge (Free box, probably will cancel)

blissmobox (Probably cancelling)

myglam

sample society

I also have lovewithfood but that box was free and not cosmetics 

AND I skipped Julep this month so that is saying something. 

Obviously, I am out of control. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

this all intensified and became so much worse when my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of January. icon_frown.gif  I blame him for my addiction.

Better than an eating addiction. I developed that after my first love broke up with me after I found out he was cheating on me the whole time we went together(3 years)!

I am keeping my subs but other than that, I am not buying any more cosmetics. I will be using that money to purchase some shoes and outfits for my trip instead! :D

I think that stress has really played a role in how much I've been shopping, too. For me, this out of control makeup buying started last October. I started grad school in August, and October is when things started to get really busy. Things slowed down a lot over the christmas break (probably because I didn't have any work to worry about), but things are 10x more stressful now, and my buying has increased a loooooot.

Ok, I've got to be honest. I am going to be on a no buy for March but...I've already placed several hautelook orders of cosmetics and an ELF order that will be delivered in March. Which should make it easier, but for the last few months I've pretty much been getting a package a day or going to ulta...and now...idk how I'll survive. 

NOT TO GET ALL THERAPY ON YOU GUYS BUT: 

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

I think that stress has really played a role in how much I've been shopping, too. For me, this out of control makeup buying started last October. I started grad school in August, and October is when things started to get really busy. Things slowed down a lot over the christmas break (probably because I didn't have any work to worry about), but things are 10x more stressful now, and my buying has increased a loooooot.

Awww, I finished my master's last spring, send me a message if you need to talk about grad school stress! I know it is the worst! 

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely View Post

Better than an eating addiction. I developed that after my first love broke up with me after I found out he was cheating on me the whole time we went together(3 years)!

What a rat! All I know is I tend to replace one addiction with another and shopping for cosmetics is my thing right now. :(

Oooh, I might. Right now, I've hit the point in the semester (this happened every spring in undergrad) where I just want to quit and go home. It's especially bad since I have way more work and stress than in undergrad.

What did you get your master's in?

Quote:

Awww, I finished my master's last spring, send me a message if you need to talk about grad school stress! I know it is the worst! 

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

Oooh, I might. Right now, I've hit the point in the semester (this happened every spring in undergrad) where I just want to quit and go home. It's especially bad since I have way more work and stress than in undergrad.

What did you get your master's in?

Quote:

International studies :) 

I definitely hit that point every semester too, and grad school...well it was pretty much the entire time of the program. 

hubby just told me that I could go get my compact! icon_twisted.gif

Young lady, that is the OPPOSITE of no buy!

(whatcha getting?)

Here are the subs I've got:

Birchbox

Birchbox (this is my second one so I could get the TV box)

Blissmobox (this doesn't really count since I prepaid for a few months at a time. My last box is March, and I won't be renewing)

Beauty Box 5 (not super impressed with this one)

Sample Society (kinda hoping this one is less than awesome so it will be easier to cancel)

If I can get things down to just one, maybe two boxes a month, I think I will be on the right track to getting stuff under control!

Oh, and in some exciting news...some of my MAC stuff will be here tomorrow. A great way to start the no-buy, right? ;D

ok I already need an exception. :( I've been meaning to pick up loreal lash boosting serum for a while but Ulta is always out. Can I order it from amazon? lol.

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

Young lady, that is the OPPOSITE of no buy!

(whatcha getting?)

I know! I know! After I get this though, I wont be buying anything for a long time b/c we just bought a new house, so money will be tighter than a Catholic virgin! The camera doesnt do it justice but I'm getting this:

02745.jpg,350,350

Physicians Formula 

Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow

ok I already need an exception. :( I've been meaning to pick up loreal lash boosting serum for a while but Ulta is always out. Can I order it from amazon? lol.

I think we should allow ourselves one exception a month. we have to post it on here and own up to it!

I think that's a great idea! I think maybe buy the item at the end of the month? That way, we can have all month to really consider it and think about if we truly want it, and that will cut the impulse (and a lot of the guilt) out of the purchase. But yes! We have to say what it was!

I think we should allow ourselves one exception a month. we have to post it on here and own up to it!

That shimmer strip compact looks pretty. I like the colors.

I'm not so sure about the one item a month thing. I guess it would be alright if you really have your eye on something. Limiting it to one will make you think about it and possibly help you stick to a no-buy longer.

I'm feeling pretty motivated about this no-buy thing. I'm not sure how long that is going to last.

Only one thing! And if I can, I'm going to try and not buy anything. But I do feel that if there's one item that I've been lusting after for ages, buying it after a lot of consideration will help me stick to my no-buy longer. I am going to set a price limit on myself, though--no more than $30! 

I am kinda hoping that the intense motivated feeling I've got right now just keeps on and lasts, so I won't actually feel the desire to buy anything!

LOL we're trying! we gotta promise only one thing though, not one SHOPPING trip! LOL 

I'm not doing any "exceptions", but you guys know I posted from the get-go that mine is kinda modified (I can still use the ECBs that I have, since I earned those already. I just can't put ANY cash with them except for sales tax) and I'm only promising March. 

And I am proud of myself that I didn't go hog wild today and add a bunch of stuff to the stash in the ole "feast or famine" mentality.

Thank Lemmy I didn't say no FASHION, either! LOL (Just no beauty products)

I definitely need to go no- buy for March- I'm getting married in 2 months so I've been going out of control looking for the perfect make up stuff. Fortunately, my mom got me a huge Sephora gift card for Christmas so I haven't been spending a lot of "actual" money, but what money I have spent I really shouldn't have, what with the wedding coming up. I have 3 packages coming in March, but after that no more until I go and get my foundation picked out at the beginning of April :/