Bleach or dye?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bleached and toned my hair (it was pink) and now it's pretty much almost completely platinum (with hints of the pinks still left) and my roots are very blonde. I am just trying to get advice about what I should do next. I want it all to be one even color. So, should I bleach it again (I wouldn't mind a really shiny silvery platinum color) or should I just dye blonde over what it currently is? 
icon_neutral.gif

I am experienced with dyeing / bleaching my hair (and taking care of it before and after) and my friend who helps me is currently in college to become a hairdresser. We just don't know what to do with it next. Going from pink to platinum or blonde is a bit tricky. I have done dark colors (dark blue, sea green, brown, black etc.) to platinum or blonde before.. but pink is like red.. so hard to get out.

Before:

After bleach and tone:

I know that this topic is two weeks old, so I don't know if you ever decided what to do. But I'll give my opinion anyway, maybe someone is reading this and thinking about the same things :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would bleach the hair, but please mind the roots. Those, I think, are light enough, and you don't want to burn your scalp. Make sure to look at your hair with regular intervals, because you don't necessarily need to keep the bleach in for the full time - I think most boxes tells you to keep it in for 40 to 60 minutes. You just need to lift some of of the pink. In my experience, for hair that looks like that, 20 to 30 minutes should be enough, depending on how strong the bleach is of course. 

When that is done, let your hair rest for a couple of days, and make sure to moisturise it. Yours look at little fluffy and dry, so some proteins and such would probably be a good thing.

Then put in the toner. I don't know if it should be blue or lilac based, since I don't know what colour you'll end up with after the final bleaching. I'm sure your hairdresser friend can help you with that.

However, I can't promise you that your hair won't end up feeling like gum, because I don't know how damaged your hair is. Bleaching is always on your own risk ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But if you don't mind me saying, those last two pictures are gorgeous. I'd love my hair to be like yours.

I really like what you've done. I personally would leave it alone-- constant bleaching and dying isn't good for your hair.

You probably won't get the pink out completely, so I would avoid bleaching it again at all costs. I had to grow all of the pink out before I could go blonde.

I like the slight pink sheen that you have in your hair now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If you haven't bleached it again (I know this topic is a few weeks old), I'd leave it until it grows out.

Latest posts

Back