Any good creams for scar treatment ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two weeks back I had these rashes which suddenly developed on my face by the cheeks. My doctor said that it was caused due to food allergy. We thought the skin ailment would go away but it has developed into a rash. After continuous treatment the irritation and pain sensation on those rashes have gone but the dark scars remain. I have used many scar creams till now but there have been no major improvements. Last week one of my best friends referred me - The Invicible Scars Treatment Cream for acne scar treatment. Their website really shows some good information but I would love to know if anybody has used the Invicible Scar Cream before??????

I haven't heard of that scar cream before, but I swear by Murad's post acne spot lightening gel. So effective.

I would recommend a Glycolic acid wash or treatment. You can get them lots of places. Some lotions have a whitening effect that can reduce the dark spots. and you can use exfoliators to help with removing them. It's not going to happen overnight obviously but they definitely help with getting rid of scar tissue. My clarisonic has helped get rid of old acne scarring. and of course I'm going to say it. BB creams. They can help repair damaged skin and cover it up at the same time. Sorry I'm not so informative on ACTUAL products but I'll leave that for you to decide since everyone's skin is different. Goodluck!

Bio-Oil. It's very effective on both stretch marks and scarring, and not very expensive. My sister had really deep scars on her hands, and they are almost completely gone. One of my girlfriends used it while she was pregnant, and again very effective! The earlier you start using this too the more effective it is.

I find that Bio Oil varies between people. It didn't work for me but work for my brother. 

At the moment, I'm using a herbal mix that's called 'Happy balm' and it's seem to help. 

sizzinglygirl - you have only had the scarring for a few weeks but you've tried many creams?

Since your physician must have been aware of the scars that resulted, what did he/she prescribe to you for the scaring.

Quick question-- how do you tell whether or not a scar has disappeared due to time or use of the cream? 

The only thing I've seen results for my post acne hyperpigmentation is a combination of PCA Pigment Gel + PCA A&C Synergy Serum. I have really bad hyperpigmentation and in the month I've been using this combo they've faded to half their original color. My dermatologist says I'll be clear by summer and I believe it. They're made in AZ and one of the dermatologists in my derm's office is the CSO for the brand. They are a bit pricey though. If you don't live in AZ you can get them on eBay sometimes, or the Dermstore seems to carry them for $130 total. 1 pump of each is enough for your whole face.

Back