Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had started running late in 2010 and then got laid low by a terribly case of strep. Since then, I haven't ran and I want to get back into it.   So many of my friends have started running this week and I am feeling like such a slacker so starting April 1st (not a joke), I am going to reset my Couch to 5k app and hit the pavement. I'm allowing myself some time to get healthy again. My goal is to run at least 2 days a week.   I thought I would throw this out there for anyone else who is looking for someone to commiserate with as they start running/working out again. We can keep ourselves honest by posting our running times/work out sessions here.

I keep telling myself I'm going to train for a 5k soon. Now is the time I guess! APRIL 1 let's do this. 

Robert Ullery has a really good podcast for C25K. I did the first week on it.. but then shit happened and I slacked off. Now I go to the gym, but as usual, I'm slacking off. It's a for-credit class for me, so I need to boost my hours to get an A. Right now I've got about a C grade if I never go again, and  there are like 7 weeks left of the semester. I CAN do this!

The podcast is here: http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm

I'm so glad you posted this! I've really come to understand the meaning of "letting oneself go" these past few months D: I know that I feel better when I'm being fit, but I kept going off-track after a few days of working out. 

Mentally preparing myself for April 1st lol.

I got a free kit from Atkins (3 bars, a menu planner & carb counter book, from their site) and I'm thinking about starting that on 4/1. I have too much regular food that I don't want to waste in the mean time, and that'll give me enough time to really research the diet. Has anyone had luck with it? Their brochure says that you can lose up to 15 lbs in two weeks. Seems like a lot, but I've lost 7 lbs in the last 8 months. With a diet + getting back to exercising, I think I'll see better results. Plus atkins doesn't seem like a real diet. The food choices are things I'd eat and know how to cook. I think it'd help with the bloat I experience too.

The thing I'm not looking forward to though is not drinking beer & cocktails, though that's probably a contributor to my problems.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing I'm not looking forward to though is not drinking beer & cocktails, though that's probably a contributor to my problems.
That is what I can't give up. I know it'd be good for my skin and my health in general, but NOPE NOPE NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

I think I could have a light beer for a snack on atkins since the net carb is 4.6g, but I don't know if any of the beer I drink is considered light.. and I guess in phases 2+ you get a bigger carb allowance.. but I like fruity drinks and a pina colada has 23.1 net carbs for 3.5 oz. (I wonder what the gigantic one I drank last night had in it!
cool.gif
) (The first phase only allows 25 net carbs a day!)

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I could have a light beer for a snack on atkins since the net carb is 4.6g, but I don't know if any of the beer I drink is considered light.. and I guess in phases 2+ you get a bigger carb allowance.. but I like fruity drinks and a pina colada has 23.1 net carbs for 3.5 oz. (I wonder what the gigantic one I drank last night had in it!
cool.gif
) (The first phase only allows 25 net carbs a day!)

I'll be honest, I binge drink regularly, lol. 

Good for you Pancua! My boyfriend and I made New Years Resolutions to get healthier. I stopped eating fast food, which I was eating every single day for lunch out of convenience. I haven't been in a drive-thru (except for an occasional Starbucks... which I was also consuming every single morning!!) since January 1st. I've lost 14 pounds so far and haven't really been working out much.

Now I might get Starbucks 2-3 times per month, and instead of an iced caramel macchiatto (330 calories) I will get a skinny cinnamon dolce iced latte (160 calories for a venti!) and it's just as delicious.

On May 15th 2005, I gave myself the ultimate birthday present; I had the lap band put in. My weight at the time of surgery was over 400 pounds. As of this moment, I am at 223. 

My goal has been to hit 200 and then see if I wanted to go further. I am not trying to hit some fantasy number (clothing wise or Dr wise), I'm going completely on how I feel and how I look. I remember being my happiest somwhere between 180 - 200 so I thought I would aim for the higher number as a goal. I've been yo-yoing between 217 - 223 for months now.

I want to get this done. I did not waste the last 6 years of my life to not hit a goal that is a mere 20 pounds away (give or take). 

It has finally gotten to the point where enough is enough, I have had it and now I am mad!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On May 15th 2005, I gave myself the ultimate birthday present; I had the lap band put in. My weight at the time of surgery was over 400 pounds. As of this moment, I am at 223. 

My goal has been to hit 200 and then see if I wanted to go further. I am not trying to hit some fantasy number (clothing wise or Dr wise), I'm going completely on how I feel and how I look. I remember being my happiest somwhere between 180 - 200 so I thought I would aim for the higher number as a goal. I've been yo-yoing between 217 - 223 for months now.

I want to get this done. I did not waste the last 6 years of my life to not hit a goal that is a mere 20 pounds away (give or take). 

It has finally gotten to the point where enough is enough, I have had it and now I am mad!
Good for you!

I'm going on how I feel/look too, but the fact that I can't fit into 95% of the clothing in my closet really pisses me off (I gained like 35 lbs last year, mostly in a couple of months) and hopefully will be a better motivator.

You can do it girl! Imagine how difficult it would be to run and exercise 6 years ago. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everyone has such awesome goals! You ladies are really, truly inspiring. 

I gained a TON of weight throughout undergrad. I was stressed and exhausted all the time, and it's so easy to just open a bag of potato chips or pop through a fast food joint when you don't really feel like cooking. Plus, I never made time to work out. Combine all that together, and you get someone who is 60 pounds heavier than they were in high school. My clothes don't fit very well, and buying something that is 3X in a women's size is pretty damn depressing. Time for a change!

I think I'm going to start by walking/slow jogging on the treadmill every other day, and then gradually bump up the intensity and amount over time. Diet wise, probably the best thing I can do now is drink a lot more water or herbal tea--I drink cola all the freakin' time, and it's soooo bad for you. I want to cut back the cola and sweet tea to once a week. Once I have that down, I'll make another change. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus, I just saw The Hunger Games, and the whole time I kept thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. If I had to do this, I would totally be the first one to die."

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plus, I just saw The Hunger Games, and the whole time I kept thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. If I had to do this, I would totally be the first one to die."
lolol, I'd just ask someone to kill me quickly, to be honest, cause yeah...lol. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd run for the food :X

I seriously can't run for the life of me! I workout at the gym every so often, but it's difficult for me to stay on track.

I found this video on youtube and thought I'd share it. It's such an inspirational story :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hahaha, yeeeeah. I'd ask them to make it quick lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lolol, I'd just ask someone to kill me quickly, to be honest, cause yeah...lol. 

I went to the gym today. 30 minutes recumbent bike, 30 minutes weights, 30 minutes recumbent bike.. and then for dinner I gorged on lamb souvlaki.
icon_redface.gif

I only need 20 more hours between now and 5/10 to get an A.

My goal for April 1 is to get hydration and stay hydrated. I tend to drink more soda and tea than actual water because I really do not like the taste of water (I can tastes the minerals and it comes across as metallic) so I have been experimenting with other hydration options. One of the most recent discoveries I made is coconut water (Viva CoCo). I've started stocking that for when I am in tournaments and I've noticed it really has started making a difference and it tastes good! Bonus!

So I am going to start stock piling that in the house and using it for my runs as well as tournaments.

Latest posts

Back