Sign in to follow this  
Pancua

Let's Get Fit Together!

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy.

On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy. On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.
Good thing you are okay!

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy. On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.
One of my cousins passed away 2 years ago after getting in a freak accident because he hit some oil that was spilled on the freeway. It was horrible, on the news they showed his suburban, no one would have survived that accident. It still makes me sick to my stomach. Glad u are ok and that u avoided a collision!

bad bad weekend lol and the week isnt going much better lol I don't strive for perfection, thank God! I've gained like a pound so I can't really complain. Just need to get back in the saddle ASAP. Lately I'm having such a hard time being consistent with my exercise. Hopefully I can get back into a routine. I hope everyone else is doing good :)

Does anyone run on the treadmill and also do outdoor running? I only run on the treadmill and wanted to know what the difference was. Do you get tired more easily? Do you run slower or faster?

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh View Post

Does anyone run on the treadmill and also do outdoor running? I only run on the treadmill and wanted to know what the difference was. Do you get tired more easily? Do you run slower or faster?

I find it easier to run outside, mentally. I cannot run on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes. But running outside is physically more difficult, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I run slower outside. Its definitely more physical I think.

yeah i figured it would be more difficult. Do you run on various inclines? Or is it flat pavement? I wanna try running outside, but I want to know what to expect

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

I find it easier to run outside, mentally. I cannot run on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes. But running outside is physically more difficult, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I run slower outside. Its definitely more physical I think.

i'm running a 5k next month! also, i've joined ww which i find extremely helpful in my quest to be more healthy.

YAY!! good for you :) Do you regularly run outside or the treadmill?

Originally Posted by cosmia View Post

i'm running a 5k next month! also, i've joined ww which i find extremely helpful in my quest to be more healthy.

I run on a treadmill. Walking or running outside is much harder than on a treadmill. I live on a hill, surrounded by hills. I'm not fit enough nor do I have time during the day to run andi don't want to run at night.

yeah i figured it would be more difficult. Do you run on various inclines? Or is it flat pavement? I wanna try running outside, but I want to know what to expect

When I run outside i run on various inclines. When ur running up hill it helps to take smaller strides. It feels a little weird at first but it is definitely easier.

It depends on the route, don't pick a hilly one. 

The one major bad thing about running outside, when you leave your house, you need to get back home again.  When you want to quit on a treadmill, you just step off.

i thought about that. i figured that once i hit my halfway mark then i'll make my way back home. I don't know how to measure my distance tho. i like that i could see my distance and speed on the treadmill.

There's some NIKE iPhone app that works with GPS on the phone to track your route, distance, speed etc.  I don't know what its called but its NIKE. 

I don't own and iPhone (don't want one) and I don't run outside so I've never tried it.  2 of my friends have tho and they like it alot.  Gives them times/km for each km they ran and maps out their route visually. 

I just like to see calories burned on my treadmill and the time.  It helps me decide whether to keep going or stop. 

I get off work at around 5pm, I drive home, make a quick dinner and eat at 6:30.  I don't start my workout til between 8 and 9, 10 is too late. Its dark by then so I can't go out and run.  Since I got my treadmill, I'm able to still work out everyday without leaving home. 

i'm really, really, slow lol. I run between 4.1-4.5 lol... 

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

BTW...what speed are you running at, Aleeeshuh?

I LOVE running outside. Yes its hard, yes u have to get back to home, yes there's a million reasons not to do it, but I LOVE it.

Ur best bet is to train wherever you want to run then when it gets closer to the day of the 5k run at a track so u can measure ur miles.

Don't let excuses stop u! :D

i'm really, really, slow lol. I run between 4.1-4.5 lol... 
Is that mph or km? At mph, 4.5 is 7.2km which isn't that slow if you are consistent. That's awesome you are going to do a 5k.

Yeah it MPH. I usually start at 4.1 then work my way up. Ultimately, my goal is 6mph, but I don't expect to reach that till a few months from now. I've been wanting to do a 5k for sometime now, but haven't really been motivated. I honestly think the only reason why more motivated than ever is because I think my bf is going to propose this year. I'll feel like a dumbass if he doesn't lol. I have really big chubby hands and if that ring doesn't fit I'll be embarrassed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

Is that mph or km? At mph, 4.5 is 7.2km which isn't that slow if you are consistent. That's awesome you are going to do a 5k.

Thanks for the inspiration :) I'm going to be super busy the next two weeks. I'll definitely keep doing my treadmill runs, but the outdoor running I'll have to start mid october.

I LOVE running outside. Yes its hard, yes u have to get back to home, yes there's a million reasons not to do it, but I LOVE it.

Ur best bet is to train wherever you want to run then when it gets closer to the day of the 5k run at a track so u can measure ur miles.

Don't let excuses stop u! :D

Thanks for the inspiration :) I'm going to be super busy the next two weeks. I'll definitely keep doing my treadmill runs, but the outdoor running I'll have to start mid october.

Don't be too concerned about your speed right now. Just concentrate on finishing the 5k. I weighed 263 lbs when I ran my first 5k and I did it in 45 minutes, walking some but mostly running. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

WOW!!!! That's really good. I bet that was an awesome feeling

Don't be too concerned about your speed right now. Just concentrate on finishing the 5k. I weighed 263 lbs when I ran my first 5k and I did it in 45 minutes, walking some but mostly running. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

WOW!!!! That's really good. I bet that was an awesome feeling

It was really awesome. You will love it. its the best feeling ever. Not only because u get that runner's high but its a great sense of accomplishment and u'll want to do it again.

That is freaking awesome! 

How much have you lost?  have you done anymore 5k's since?