MyGlam Coupons -What are you using yours to buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While we all know these codes are coupons, NOT giftcards, what do you plan on using yours to buy, if you do want to use it?  Even if we don't get a "gift card" as an item in our glambags, they usually, like other subs, give out other discounts and codes in each bag.  Post your thoughts on each here, offer up to trade or give away your code, and compare the quality or usefulness of each month's coupon(s) to other deals.

This March there was a 25 dollars off a 50 dollar minimum purchase at Dermstore.  While I'm not too taken with Dermstore's selection (and once again, only one coupon per order means you can't utilize many of their other specials or offers like 10% off of any favorited item if you use the code, like with Ulta and its free shipping versus a few dollar discount) I went ahead and used it to purchase some more expensive items I wouldn't otherwise buy and to treat myself after March's No-Buy.  I ordered a Butter London polish in Artful Dodger, a mellow sort of pop blue color and Lorac Cosmetics Close Up:  Real Life to Red Carpet Eye Tutorial kit, which includes:

• Behind the Scenes Eye Primer (0.53 oz.)
  • Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Movie Star (0.15 oz.)
  • Special Effects Mascara in Black (0.35 oz.)
  • Front of the Line PRO Eyeliner in Black (0.02 oz.)
  • Double Ended Blending/Smudging Brush
The Liner, Mascara, and Primer appear to be full size, and it never hurts to have more eye brushes.  We'll see.  I've been needing a black liquid eyeliner and new mascara anyway, and am short on brushes and eyeshadows since I gave away a ton of make up last week to my mother and siblings.

Total after Myglam coupon was 26.00 dollars even. 

They are currently having free 1-3 shipping on ALL orders and a free Cargo Eyeshadow if you purchase 75 dollars of anything.  If you don't want to use your coupon yet but take advantage of this, they are also doubling the discount you get off of favorited item (20 percent instead of 10 percent) which you can't use in tandem with the MyGlam code.  There is also 20 percent off Purlisse and Murad Cosmetics.

I'll probably use it since it's like getting 50% off if you only spend $50. I'm thinking of Butter London Disco Biscuit, the Avene Eye Cream and some La Roche Posay sunscreen. Something of interest, I noticed you get two free magazine subscriptions if you spend at least $50 and if you click "Special Offer" details the pop up window mentions a refund if you complete the form and mail it in within 30 days. The offer says each subscription is worth a $20 value and I wonder if you will get a refund of $40 for the subscriptions. If that's the case, I'll spend $65 and get a completely free order after my refunds. Thoughts anyone?

On another note, every time I try to subscribe to a thread, I get a "Subscription failed" error. Anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug that is being worked on?

I didn't use the Nume gift code, since I really didn't have a need for any styling tools. I did use the dermstore gift card though, and I got:

Stila convertible color in fuchsia

Philosophy 3 in 1 soap in harvest spice

Philosophy body lotion in harvest spice

Essie nail polish in smooth sailing

better homes and gardens subscription

I will also not be using that coupon considering I have a second one from BeautyFix & haven't used that yet either. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought the Lorac Cosmetics Close Up:  Real Life to Red Carpet Eye Tutorial kit as well and a H.Wood.Beauty matte lipstick in Marilyn. Haven't tried the Lorac yet (but I've been buying their eyeshadow for years) but everyone love the bright red lipstick on me. It's super yummy and moisturizing (tastes like vanilla) so for you girls looking for a good red lipstick, check this brand oout.

Welp, I went ahead and canceled my order.  With all the problems Beautyfix is giving me (charging me an extra 49.99!) plus the delay on my my Butter London Polish order it made sense to just try and pull back a bit on my purchasing.  And the only thing I really "needed" form my order was the liner from the Lorac set, and the April MyGlam bag is looking to have an UD 24/7 eyeliner.  I'll wait until my BF order is sorted out and my MG bag has come in, and purchase something different.

I used my Dermstore "gift card" to get the LORAC Little Black Palette and a Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope.

I still have my NuMe card, and it will likely expire without being used.

I've used the NuMe card for a curling iron since I curl my hair ALOT & always get compliments on my curls EVERYTIME! I love it.. I also traded with someone to get another NuMe coupon so now I'm going to purchase a straightener since mine is pretty cheap and I don't think it is good for my hair.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my Dermstore "gift card" to get the LORAC Little Black Palette and a Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope.

I still have my NuMe card, and it will likely expire without being used.

My hair is already curly and I get compliments on it lol. I don't want a straightener. Takes way too long, since my hair is thick and extra long.

I wish I had curls like yours! My hair is just wavy lol

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hair is already curly and I get compliments on it lol. I don't want a straightener. Takes way too long, since my hair is thick and extra long.

Got a Laura Geller baked set, $60, minus $25 and maybe cashback, hopefully unsubscribed the magzine successfully. Great deal.

I got 4 nail polishes from Dermstore with the $25 off of $50 coupon code and the wait time on the polishes that were not in stock was not too bad.  I ordered a week ago and I should receive my order on Monday.  Anyway, I got colors that are really popular.  I got 3 BUTTER Londons; Tart w/a Heart, Black Knight (I'm glad I didn't buy the Ulta set for these two for $28 during the holidays), and All Hail the Queen.  Then I also got Essie's Shine of the Times.  Very excited that I was able to get these polishes for a more reasonable price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ended up spending more money that I wanted to with these "coupons" ... 

I used my Nume code to buy the black vintage straightener. I looked up a bunch of videos on whether to buy the couture or the vintage before I actually bought the straightener, so I was feeling pretty good with my purchase. The total came out to be almost $50. I have to say that I really really dislike the straightener. I have the Remington wet to straight that I normally use (and I really wanted a more upscale straightener), but the Nume pales in comparison to my Remington. It's nowhere as hot as the Remington gets, and where I only need to run the Remington through my hair maybe about twice to get it straight, I need to run the Nume four or more times. The Nume also breaks a lot of my hair. After straightening my hair, I looked down at my feet and the floor was covered with strands of my hair. I am thinking about returning it, but my sister currently has it in her possession at the moment. 

With my Dermstore coupon, I bought the Beautyfix secret selection which is now discontinued and the Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. The total came out to be around $28 which was not bad considering I got seven full-sized products in my Beautyfix bag. The Bliss face wash is nice, and has a super fruity scent. Since I also got the 3LAB Cleanser, I gave the Bliss to my mom and kept the foaming cleanser to use for myself. Super happy with what my Dermstore purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Would anyone be interested in a DermStore Code or the NuMe code if I can find it? I will never use either one of these and I don't want the Dermstore to go to waste since it expires on May 1st and I've seen some people asking about them. I have two DermStore codes and I will give away both. Just message me and let me know! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also have a Nume code and a Dermstore one if anyone would like them. I have to locate my cards, but I don't have any use for them and would rather someone had them instead of them being wasted.

Speaking of mothers...mother's day is coming up! If anyone still has an available Dermstore coupon I would love to have it. Thank you!

Back