Subscriptions are finally open - but is it worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I was given a gift subscription to BB, which I mostly adore. When I first heard about myglam, I put myself on the waitlist because I wanted another subscription, but I really can't pay more than ten dollars right now. I've been reading/lurking this group, and I'm hearing some really mixed things about this service.

Today I got an e-mail that I could sign up - and that the April bag was going to be "Girls Night Out" themed. I'm really unsure about whether I should give it ago. I've read a lot of your opinions, but whichever side you fall on, what do you think? Despite your bad experiences, is it worth trying for a month? Or would you just not recommend it at all? 

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I was given a gift subscription to BB, which I mostly adore. When I first heard about myglam, I put myself on the waitlist because I wanted another subscription, but I really can't pay more than ten dollars right now. I've been reading/lurking this group, and I'm hearing some really mixed things about this service.

Today I got an e-mail that I could sign up - and that the April bag was going to be "Girls Night Out" themed. I'm really unsure about whether I should give it ago. I've read a lot of your opinions, but whichever side you fall on, what do you think? Despite your bad experiences, is it worth trying for a month? Or would you just not recommend it at all? 

I resigned up for MyGlam today, lol, after receiving feb. and march, I canceled. I didn't not like it but I was trying to cut back. Here is how I look at it: 

If you just want a fun looking (not smelling lol) make up bag, and a few products to try which might not be that good but you enjoy getting things in the mail and think it is fun anyway, then it is worth it. 

If you are expecting all make up, then its not. 

All I know about April's bag is Michelle said to me is that it's going to be "glamorous" other than that no clue. Is it worth it? Depends on what you're looking for. I love the cute makeup bags but there have been a couple of months were I thought the items in the bag were duds making the contents of the bags not worth it to me. If you're curious try them for a month since it's only $10 and at the very least you get a cute little makeup bag out of it.

I signed up again, I canceled after Jan.. I hope her version of glamorous and mine are comparable. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ok, I just glanced at March's thread and am not impressed.. I decided to cancel and was able to get into sample society. For five bucks more I really think I will like what they have better plus youget the discount codes for orders.

Did the same.  It was a good move.  It just makes me mad when my Glam bag comes in the mail and is so mostly disappointing.  I'm hoping SS will offer something really great for July!

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My opinion on is it worth is is to ask yourself if the contents of the bag are not items you'll be happy with will you feel that money is a waste to you? If the answer is yes then MyGlam might not be the right choice for you. Sometimes it's a let down and sometimes it's great. I used the Marbella eyeliner from my June bag, and thought it might be a problem for me, and found I like it. Would I buy it again? Probably not but it's not bad. Even the color of my NYX Round Lipstick isn't a color I'd normally use but I love the color itself and ended up going to Ulta to buy more Round Lipsticks (and told Toni thanks to MyGlam I'm now determined to get the remaining 120+ lipsticks).

Latest posts

Back