Little Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a post in the "Subscription & Sampling Programs" area for this particular sub, so I'm starting one!

Who else subscribes to this? The trading part of this service is like CRACK! Or at least how I imagine an addiction to crack to feel like. 
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

It took nearly two full days, but I finally got a bag I'm SUPER happy with, and just pressed the button to have it shipped. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! 
party.gif
 Soooo excited!

I like how this service has an option to skip. 
smile.gif
 And I also love that it's a fashion subscription service. I don't do Shoedazzle, Shoemint, Stylemint, or any of those, so this is my only sub of this sort. I figure from here on out, if I don't see anything worth the initial $50 fee to me, then I'm going to skip the month. I want the main thing I get to be worth $50 and the other two (or so) items to be a bonus.

Now mind you, what is "totally worth the price" for me, may not be for you/someone else, but that's the point of the trading option. You get to trade and trade (very addicting) until you are completely happy with what you are getting. That said, I'm VERY happy with this box. My favorite colors are pink, black, and purple and the entire computer/gaming/makeup/girly area of my room is pink and black, so the 8x10 (nice size) pink ceramic frame is PERFECT for me and oh so girly! 
wub.gif
 I used a code so I got 10% off of my first box which made this even better! 

My April Little Back Bag:

I'm really happy with this service as well. I ended up with the following:

http://www.gorjana.com/products/Vine-Cluster-Necklace.html

http://www.amazon.com/RumbaTime-Unisex-18859-Delancey-Breeze/dp/B0065HJKCG/ref=vs_dp_watch_1

http://minedesignhome.com/hipster.html

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't double-check the Gorjana item's price on their site, but it's still good value for the necklace and the watch (which I needed!), with a cute candle tin thrown in. I'm having a baby so I like the idea of three leaves for a family necklace. It's subtle and sweet.

Last month I didn't figure out the trading properly and got a couple of "meh" items in addition to the one I selected, but now I'm really thinking it's a fun service, even if I don't do it monthly in the future.

I've become addicted to trading in the past month on this site, but it does get really frustrating when you seem to get the items NO ONE else wants. I selected the gold Hear Me Roar bangle (which I love), but also ended up with coffee cups and a hipster candle. It seems no one else wants that candle either. Every bag has had a dud for me.

I got that KJL bracelet in my Feb bag. I HAD to have it. I love LBB! I'm still waffling a bit about this month. I keep browsing but nothing has really wowed me yet. I'll probably still pick something though. I love trading.  I have reviews and videos of my Feb and March bags if anyone is curious.

Lat month (well, literally last month, since it arrived Friday, and that was March, and it's now April, although I thought it was still February earlier this evening), I got a Street Level mini crossbody purse with studs and tassels (biker hippie!) that I will take to work.  I have been wanting a small purse to keep in my desk at work so I can just toss my phone, lip balm, and money in when I go out for lunch, and I just didn't see one I loved *anywhere* well enough to buy it until that one.  I also got Umbra dragonflies (which I will need to paint since they're white.  I thought they were silver.  White is *not* going to work on my walls!) and leaves (dark brown, which is perfect for my purposes, although I might paint them green depending on whether I can find a color that seems better than the brown) for my walls.  

This month, I picked out a purple Melie Bianco woven bucket bag with tassels. Another hippie bag!  I was assigned a couple of other things that are decent, so I'll be happy if I end up with them after all of the trading is over, although if I can trade them for certain other things, that would be groovy, too.  I have almost a full week to decide I'm done trading, though, so I will be keeping an eye on the new additions in case I see something else I can like better that someone is willing to trade for the items I was assigned but don't *love*.  I probably should have waited to open my bag to start trading until next weekend so the carge would go through after payday, but I *really* wanted that bucket bag, so I grabbed that thing today.  I'll just have to move money around my accounts this week.

(I have a huge Thing for purses.  It's genetic.  My mom was the same way.  Except I'm really picky, so I rarely find something I fall instantly in love with.  I'm a bit stunned that I've found two bags in two consecutive months that I've *had* to snag immediately.  I'm a jewelry-avoider, and my makeup selections are typically limited to nail polish in almost every color except traditional colors and hot pink lip color, so I didn't think I would find *anything* I would like, and then I discovered all of those wonderful purses, and it was all over.  I'll have to be careful, though, because I already have an entire Rubbermaid storage bin of purses I love but haven't used in a couple of years.  I *really* don't need any more, but they're just so *cute* that I can't resist!)

I gave in.. Can't resist. Feel free to friend me. Search by Lori Ann. I use the same picture I use here. Let the trading begin. woohooo. The Zara Terez is the item I chose. Can't wait to unload that wood ring and I'm not terrible thrilled with the blending brush.

I think there was a thread somewhere, but anyway, I did not like little black bag. The things I received were several seasons old, covered in dust, and looked like the leftovers from Tj Maxx, Marshalls, or hautelook. The trading was fun, but I was very unimpressed by the actual product I received. I thought it would have been cute if they at least put it in a cheap "llittle black bag" of some sort or something, too, but it just came wrapped in nasty brown wrapping paper and a cardboard box. 

It's funny you say that. I was thinking of getting a 2nd bag just because I love that wood ring!

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave in.. Can't resist. Feel free to friend me. Search by Lori Ann. I use the same picture I use here. Let the trading begin. woohooo. The Zara Terez is the item I chose. Can't wait to unload that wood ring and I'm not terrible thrilled with the blending brush.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think there was a thread somewhere, but anyway, I did not like little black bag. The things I received were several seasons old, covered in dust, and looked like the leftovers from Tj Maxx, Marshalls, or hautelook. The trading was fun, but I was very unimpressed by the actual product I received. I thought it would have been cute if they at least put it in a cheap "llittle black bag" of some sort or something, too, but it just came wrapped in nasty brown wrapping paper and a cardboard box. 

There is one in the Fashion Talk forum, and I posted there a few times, but I figured LBB is a sub, so I'd added an area to talk about it here. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That sucks about your experience and that was my concern as well, so I decided to get a brand that holds it's value and will be a nice addition to my accessories, in general. Kenneth Jay Lane stuff is pricey enough even years after. A quick ebay search found nothing below $40ish dollars for a bracelet like mine, and even then those bracelets weren't quite like mine (I liked mine way better). The bracelet closest to being like mine was well over $100. I'd pay somewhere around $40 for the bracelet I got if I were out shopping, so everything is okay there for me. The Cargo lip liner is sold at Beauty.com for the full price and that frame is my style and fits in well with the "girly" area of my room, lol. Overall, as long as everything is in fact new and looks good, it's value is definitely $50+ for me. I'll be sure to post piccys when I get my box. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I miss trading already. LOL. Can't wait til May 1st! 
biggrin.gif
 Not feelin' the wood ring either. The blending blush is okay, but I hope you get something better! That site is just too much fun. Oh and your reviews of LBB is exactly why I decided to try it. I was stuck between a Kenneth Jay Lane necklace and that bracelet but once I saw the bracelet on you, I was IN LOOOOVES! 
wub.gif
 So thank you for your video reviews, truly!

OMG trading is way too much fun. Since I only buy things that appeal personally to me seasons don't matter much to me. This sub is definitely not one I can do every month though.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lat month (well, literally last month, since it arrived Friday, and that was March, and it's now April, although I thought it was still February earlier this evening), I got a Street Level mini crossbody purse with studs and tassels (biker hippie!) that I will take to work.  I have been wanting a small purse to keep in my desk at work so I can just toss my phone, lip balm, and money in when I go out for lunch, and I just didn't see one I loved *anywhere* well enough to buy it until that one.  I also got Umbra dragonflies (which I will need to paint since they're white.  I thought they were silver.  White is *not* going to work on my walls!) and leaves (dark brown, which is perfect for my purposes, although I might paint them green depending on whether I can find a color that seems better than the brown) for my walls.  

This month, I picked out a purple Melie Bianco woven bucket bag with tassels. Another hippie bag!  I was assigned a couple of other things that are decent, so I'll be happy if I end up with them after all of the trading is over, although if I can trade them for certain other things, that would be groovy, too.  I have almost a full week to decide I'm done trading, though, so I will be keeping an eye on the new additions in case I see something else I can like better that someone is willing to trade for the items I was assigned but don't *love*.  I probably should have waited to open my bag to start trading until next weekend so the carge would go through after payday, but I *really* wanted that bucket bag, so I grabbed that thing today.  I'll just have to move money around my accounts this week.

(I have a huge Thing for purses.  It's genetic.  My mom was the same way.  Except I'm really picky, so I rarely find something I fall instantly in love with.  I'm a bit stunned that I've found two bags in two consecutive months that I've *had* to snag immediately.  I'm a jewelry-avoider, and my makeup selections are typically limited to nail polish in almost every color except traditional colors and hot pink lip color, so I didn't think I would find *anything* I would like, and then I discovered all of those wonderful purses, and it was all over.  I'll have to be careful, though, because I already have an entire Rubbermaid storage bin of purses I love but haven't used in a couple of years.  I *really* don't need any more, but they're just so *cute* that I can't resist!)
My vice is jewelry/accessories so I completely understand this. I'm thankfully not too much of a purse junkie. As long as I have three to switch between (colors/styles) that I love, I'm good. Not saying I only have three though. 
whistling.gif
You should post a pic of your collection one day! LOL.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is one in the Fashion Talk forum, and I posted there a few times, but I figured LBB is a sub, so I'd added an area to talk about it here. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That sucks about your experience and that was my concern as well, so I decided to get a brand that holds it's value and will be a nice addition to my accessories, in general. Kenneth Jay Lane stuff is pricey enough even years after. A quick ebay search found nothing below $40ish dollars for a bracelet like mine, and even then those bracelets weren't quite like mine (I liked mine way better). The bracelet closest to being like mine was well over $100. I'd pay somewhere around $40 for the bracelet I got if I were out shopping, so everything is okay there for me. The Cargo lip liner is sold at Beauty.com for the full price and that frame is my style and fits in well with the "girly" area of my room, lol. Overall, as long as everything is in fact new and looks good, it's value is definitely $50+ for me. I'll be sure to post piccys when I get my box. 
smile.gif
Ahhh got it, I just go to the recent discussions page so I never know where the posts actually are lol. 

LBB is a lot like all other subs in that personal value is what makes it worth it. I like the Betsey Johnson sunglasses and earrings I got, but not enough to keep the sub, since my third item sucked...and I can just go to tj maxx lol 

Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG trading is way too much fun. Since I only buy things that appeal personally to me seasons don't matter much to me. This sub is definitely not one I can do every month though.

Me too. If I love an accessory or piece of jewelry it works into my life wardrobe, seasons don't matter. Some of my most fave stuff I've owned for 10+ years, still wear, and get compliments on. Some things are just timeless. I love most of my Mom's jewelry and accessories from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and also love her more ethnic stuff, so yeah. 
biggrin.gif
 Just matters what I'm wearing, is all.

But yes, $50 a month is quite pricey, I may have to resist next month and turn this into a once every other month sub.

Ahhh got it, I just go to the recent discussions page so I never know where the posts actually are lol. 

LBB is a lot like all other subs in that personal value is what makes it worth it. I like the Betsey Johnson sunglasses and earrings I got, but not enough to keep the sub, since my third item sucked...and I can just go to tj maxx lol 

My closest TJ Maxx is 4 cities away. 
frown.gif
 I'm so jeaaalous of you guys that have one close. I desperately want to go to one and see if there's cheap The Balm makeup, like I've read about. 
w00t.gif

My closest TJ Maxx is 4 cities away. 
frown.gif
 I'm so jeaaalous of you guys that have one close. I desperately want to go to one and see if there's cheap The Balm makeup, like I've read about. 
w00t.gif

I live within walking distance of TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross, lol. 

I live within walking distance of TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross, lol. 

Oh, that would be DANGEROUS for me. 
icon_eek.gif

I have two Ross stores in my city and love it! Especially the area in the store with home decor, kitchen stuff, and etc...
wub.gif

Oh, that would be DANGEROUS for me. 
icon_eek.gif

I have two Ross stores in my city and love it! Especially the area in the store with home decor, kitchen stuff, and etc...
wub.gif

That is my favorite part of all 3 stores, lol. Also purses hahhaa. TJs always has clinique, strivectin, the balm, etc...all kinds of good stuff. Its an addiction.

Latest posts

Back