Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CourtneyB

Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Recommended Posts

So, I just got the e-mail that May's BB will be partnering with Gossip Girl! Looks like this one is automatically for everyone - no opting or opting out!

 

The (long) e-mail I got:

 

 

Today we are thrilled to announce that we have partnered with the CW's hit drama series "Gossip Girl" to create a special edition Birchbox for the month of May filled with Gossip Girl-inspired glamour!

Curated by the series' department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson, the May box will be branded with "Gossip Girl" key art and will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan's poshest social set. The partnership is timed to the show's season finale (scheduled to air May 14, 8/7c on the CW). For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

The May 2012 Birchbox will ship to all current Birchbox subscribers and to new subscribers who sign up now at: www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.

Please find additional details below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Many thanks, as always,
Claire


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LIVE AND LOOK LIKE YOUR FAVORITE UPPER EAST SIDER
WITH GOSSIP GIRL–INSPIRED BIRCHBOX


Curated by the Key Makeup Artist and Hairstylist of
The CW’s Hit Series, Special Edition

Birchbox Features Distinct Looks Inspired by the World of Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl
BURBANK, Calif. (April 11, 2012)—Whether your look is downtown chic or uptown fabulous, Birchbox—the company helping women discover the best new beauty and lifestyle products—will partner with The CW’s hit drama series Gossip Girl (Mondays 8/7c) this May to curate a special edition Birchbox filled with Gossip Girl–inspired glamour.
  • The Gossip Girl Birchbox will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan’s poshest social set, chosen in consultation with the series’ department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson.
  • New subscribers to Birchbox will receive the Gossip Girl box as their first monthly delivery in May—just in time for the season finale of Gossip Girl airing Monday, May 14, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Fans can also watch Gossip Girl via The CW’s new app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
  • For more information on the special edition Gossip Girl Birchbox, or to join Birchbox’s growing number of subscribers, visit www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.
“We are so excited to announce Gossip Girl as the first entertainment brand to partner with Birchbox,†said Sonia Borris, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Operations, Warner Bros. Television Group. “Gossip Girl fans — like Birchbox subscribers — are cutting-edge trendsetters who easily navigate and populate the social media landscape, and are trendsetters in fashion and beauty. This is a perfect way to give these influential fans their own Gossip Girl experience.â€

“Gossip Girl is one of the biggest trendsetters in fashion, but also in beauty,†said Katia Beauchamp, Birchbox, Co-Founder. “At Birchbox, we are passionate about sharing the latest and greatest beauty products, styles and tips, so partnering with Gossip Girl was a natural fit. We think our subscribers will be delighted with the special Gossip Girl Birchbox.â€

Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8/7c on The CW. The series—from Fake Empire, Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios—was developed by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who serve as executive producers with Leslie Morgenstein, Bob Levy and Joshua Safran.

About Birchbox

Launched in 2010, Birchbox is the discovery commerce platform redefining the retail process by offering consumers a personalized way to discover, sample, shop and learn about the best beauty and lifestyle products and brands available. Birchbox members have first-touch experiences with products each month and access to educational content to help them get the most out of their products. Top brands like Kiehl’s, Benefit, Deborah Lippmann and Stila have partnered with Birchbox. To learn more about Birchbox, visit www.birchbox.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube and our blog.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

LOL if we even HAVE our boxes by May 14th...wink.gif either way I am excited to see what products they will include
 

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird View Post

So, I just got the e-mail that May's BB will be partnering with Gossip Girl! Looks like this one is automatically for everyone - no opting or opting out!

 

The (long) e-mail I got:

 

 

Quote:
Today we are thrilled to announce that we have partnered with the CW's hit drama series "Gossip Girl" to create a special edition Birchbox for the month of May filled with Gossip Girl-inspired glamour!

Curated by the series' department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson, the May box will be branded with "Gossip Girl" key art and will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan's poshest social set. The partnership is timed to the show's season finale (scheduled to air May 14, 8/7c on the CW). For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

The May 2012 Birchbox will ship to all current Birchbox subscribers and to new subscribers who sign up now at: www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.

Please find additional details below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Many thanks, as always,
Claire


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LIVE AND LOOK LIKE YOUR FAVORITE UPPER EAST SIDER
WITH GOSSIP GIRL–INSPIRED BIRCHBOX


Curated by the Key Makeup Artist and Hairstylist of
The CW’s Hit Series, Special Edition

Birchbox Features Distinct Looks Inspired by the World of Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl
BURBANK, Calif. (April 11, 2012)—Whether your look is downtown chic or uptown fabulous, Birchbox—the company helping women discover the best new beauty and lifestyle products—will partner with The CW’s hit drama series Gossip Girl (Mondays 8/7c) this May to curate a special edition Birchbox filled with Gossip Girl–inspired glamour.
  • The Gossip Girl Birchbox will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan’s poshest social set, chosen in consultation with the series’ department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson.
  • New subscribers to Birchbox will receive the Gossip Girl box as their first monthly delivery in May—just in time for the season finale of Gossip Girl airing Monday, May 14, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Fans can also watch Gossip Girl via The CW’s new app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
  • For more information on the special edition Gossip Girl Birchbox, or to join Birchbox’s growing number of subscribers, visit www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.
“We are so excited to announce Gossip Girl as the first entertainment brand to partner with Birchbox,†said Sonia Borris, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Operations, Warner Bros. Television Group. “Gossip Girl fans — like Birchbox subscribers — are cutting-edge trendsetters who easily navigate and populate the social media landscape, and are trendsetters in fashion and beauty. This is a perfect way to give these influential fans their own Gossip Girl experience.â€

“Gossip Girl is one of the biggest trendsetters in fashion, but also in beauty,†said Katia Beauchamp, Birchbox, Co-Founder. “At Birchbox, we are passionate about sharing the latest and greatest beauty products, styles and tips, so partnering with Gossip Girl was a natural fit. We think our subscribers will be delighted with the special Gossip Girl Birchbox.â€

Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8/7c on The CW. The series—from Fake Empire, Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios—was developed by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who serve as executive producers with Leslie Morgenstein, Bob Levy and Joshua Safran.

About Birchbox

Launched in 2010, Birchbox is the discovery commerce platform redefining the retail process by offering consumers a personalized way to discover, sample, shop and learn about the best beauty and lifestyle products and brands available. Birchbox members have first-touch experiences with products each month and access to educational content to help them get the most out of their products. Top brands like Kiehl’s, Benefit, Deborah Lippmann and Stila have partnered with Birchbox. To learn more about Birchbox, visit www.birchbox.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube and our blog.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they learned from the TV mess last month. I am happy no one gets an option, so if they dont want it they can trade the box or unsubscribe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That was my first thought too: 'glad I have 2 boxes'
 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are keeping it simple so as not to have any one upset/missing out! 

 

"Existing Birchbox subscribers will be receiving “Gossip Girl†boxes in May. There is no need to join this list."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



where are you seeing the brand list?

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 

 

I must be totally missing this - where is the brand list? I think I'm excited, just because the TV box was so awesome. But, then again, if it's too commercially geared towards Gossip Girl, it could be irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad they are giving it to everyone!  I am sure it makes their life easier and they have learned from the TV debacle. I think this box will be fun!  I have been less of a GG fan this season but still love the hair and make-up ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Kyndal View Post

 

yes! cannot wait for this! wonder if we'll actually get it in time for the finale on the 14th!

 

I would think no, it seems they want you to watch GG to get hints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cjeanette View Post

 

 

 

I would think no, it seems they want you to watch GG to get hints.

 

Right. Except for the part that clearly reads: "For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!"

 

Which makes me wonder if they're going to actually ship early next month to make it for GG! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cjeanette View Post

 

 

 

I would think no, it seems they want you to watch GG to get hints.

 

The e-mail reads: "For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!"

 

So hopefully we're getting early shipping next month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GG is my guilty pleasure....I hate to watch it but I can't look away.  This is really exciting...might have to sign up for a 2nd box for this month.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuuuup. 

 

Sorry, MyGlam. lol
 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

Looks like they learned from the TV mess last month. I am happy no one gets an option, so if they dont want it they can trade the box or unsubscribe



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have been on the waiting list for almost a month now, but i just signed up for gossipgirl box and got this message:

Thanks! you've reserved your Gossip Girl box.we'll be in touch shortly.

 

 

so i so hope that means i not only get that box for may but that i am now a monthly subscriber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me either... And I just ordered something from them... I love the sponsored boxes though, so I'm glad we automatically get opted into this one.
 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani View Post

I didn't get the Gossip Girl email on either account today, I only got the water bottle email.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by mishtastic View Post

 

Me either... And I just ordered something from them... I love the sponsored boxes though, so I'm glad we automatically get opted into this one.

 

 

 

 

Me too! I feel like they are always better than regular Birchboxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Step #1: Select the best Wella Toner as the above tips. Step #2: Next, mix up the Wella hair toner. Step #3: Now shampoo your hair. Step #4: Time to apply the Wella hair toner onto places that need it the most. Step #5: Now you can leave Wella hair toner to process for about 5 minutes as per your need of to neutralize, brighten or deepen hair. Step #6: wash your hair and applies hair conditioner to rehydrate your colored hair. Don’t shampoo your hair again. It will ruin your entire effort. AND How do you use a Wella toner?
    • My skin is dark in color. Is it possible to undergo skin whitening treatment? Is there any cream or lotion which can be used? I heard about  APT Medical Aesthetics that they provide various treatments, but didn't know more about them. Is there anyone who had heard about them? Please suggest me good treatment for solving my problem.
    • I have the same skin problem! But I put up, started working hard. I went to a maxi casino and won my first million, after which I had an operation, now there are no problems with girls and acne. Believe in yourself the main thing! Just have a peek at these guys!
    • are the best natural skin care products available in the market for the lowest price and good quality. All mitvana products are made with naturally available herbs, chemical free and also free from artificial colors.
    • Warm water, gentle cleanser, gently massage in a circular motion, then rinse with cool water. Once or twice a day, then exfoliate and mask once or twice a week. Easy peasy.

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×