Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I just got the e-mail that May's BB will be partnering with Gossip Girl! Looks like this one is automatically for everyone - no opting or opting out!

The (long) e-mail I got:

Today we are thrilled to announce that we have partnered with the CW's hit drama series "Gossip Girl" to create a special edition Birchbox for the month of May filled with Gossip Girl-inspired glamour!

Curated by the series' department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson, the May box will be branded with "Gossip Girl" key art and will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan's poshest social set. The partnership is timed to the show's season finale (scheduled to air May 14, 8/7c on the CW). For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

The May 2012 Birchbox will ship to all current Birchbox subscribers and to new subscribers who sign up now at: www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.

Please find additional details below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Many thanks, as always,
Claire

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LIVE AND LOOK LIKE YOUR FAVORITE UPPER EAST SIDER
WITH GOSSIP GIRL–INSPIRED BIRCHBOX

Curated by the Key Makeup Artist and Hairstylist of
The CW’s Hit Series, Special Edition

Birchbox Features Distinct Looks Inspired by the World of Gossip Girl

BURBANK, Calif. (April 11, 2012)—Whether your look is downtown chic or uptown fabulous, Birchbox—the company helping women discover the best new beauty and lifestyle products—will partner with The CW’s hit drama series Gossip Girl (Mondays 8/7c) this May to curate a special edition Birchbox filled with Gossip Girl–inspired glamour.
  • The Gossip Girl Birchbox will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan’s poshest social set, chosen in consultation with the series’ department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson.
  • New subscribers to Birchbox will receive the Gossip Girl box as their first monthly delivery in May—just in time for the season finale of Gossip Girl airing Monday, May 14, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Fans can also watch Gossip Girl via The CW’s new app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
  • For more information on the special edition Gossip Girl Birchbox, or to join Birchbox’s growing number of subscribers, visit www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.
“We are so excited to announce Gossip Girl as the first entertainment brand to partner with Birchbox,†said Sonia Borris, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Operations, Warner Bros. Television Group. “Gossip Girl fans — like Birchbox subscribers — are cutting-edge trendsetters who easily navigate and populate the social media landscape, and are trendsetters in fashion and beauty. This is a perfect way to give these influential fans their own Gossip Girl experience.â€

“Gossip Girl is one of the biggest trendsetters in fashion, but also in beauty,†said Katia Beauchamp, Birchbox, Co-Founder. “At Birchbox, we are passionate about sharing the latest and greatest beauty products, styles and tips, so partnering with Gossip Girl was a natural fit. We think our subscribers will be delighted with the special Gossip Girl Birchbox.â€

Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8/7c on The CW. The series—from Fake Empire, Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios—was developed by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who serve as executive producers with Leslie Morgenstein, Bob Levy and Joshua Safran.

About Birchbox

Launched in 2010, Birchbox is the discovery commerce platform redefining the retail process by offering consumers a personalized way to discover, sample, shop and learn about the best beauty and lifestyle products and brands available. Birchbox members have first-touch experiences with products each month and access to educational content to help them get the most out of their products. Top brands like Kiehl’s, Benefit, Deborah Lippmann and Stila have partnered with Birchbox. To learn more about Birchbox, visit www.birchbox.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube and our blog.

For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

LOL if we even HAVE our boxes by May 14th...
wink.gif
either way I am excited to see what products they will include

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I just got the e-mail that May's BB will be partnering with Gossip Girl! Looks like this one is automatically for everyone - no opting or opting out!

The (long) e-mail I got:

Quote: Today we are thrilled to announce that we have partnered with the CW's hit drama series "Gossip Girl" to create a special edition Birchbox for the month of May filled with Gossip Girl-inspired glamour!

Curated by the series' department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson, the May box will be branded with "Gossip Girl" key art and will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan's poshest social set. The partnership is timed to the show's season finale (scheduled to air May 14, 8/7c on the CW). For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!

The May 2012 Birchbox will ship to all current Birchbox subscribers and to new subscribers who sign up now at: www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.

Please find additional details below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Many thanks, as always,
Claire

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LIVE AND LOOK LIKE YOUR FAVORITE UPPER EAST SIDER
WITH GOSSIP GIRL–INSPIRED BIRCHBOX

Curated by the Key Makeup Artist and Hairstylist of
The CW’s Hit Series, Special Edition

Birchbox Features Distinct Looks Inspired by the World of Gossip Girl

BURBANK, Calif. (April 11, 2012)—Whether your look is downtown chic or uptown fabulous, Birchbox—the company helping women discover the best new beauty and lifestyle products—will partner with The CW’s hit drama series Gossip Girl (Mondays 8/7c) this May to curate a special edition Birchbox filled with Gossip Girl–inspired glamour.
  • The Gossip Girl Birchbox will contain chic beauty products inspired by Manhattan’s poshest social set, chosen in consultation with the series’ department head for makeup, Amy Tagliamonti, and department head for hair, Jennifer Johnson.
  • New subscribers to Birchbox will receive the Gossip Girl box as their first monthly delivery in May—just in time for the season finale of Gossip Girl airing Monday, May 14, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Fans can also watch Gossip Girl via The CW’s new app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
  • For more information on the special edition Gossip Girl Birchbox, or to join Birchbox’s growing number of subscribers, visit www.birchbox.com/gossipgirl.
“We are so excited to announce Gossip Girl as the first entertainment brand to partner with Birchbox,†said Sonia Borris, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Operations, Warner Bros. Television Group. “Gossip Girl fans — like Birchbox subscribers — are cutting-edge trendsetters who easily navigate and populate the social media landscape, and are trendsetters in fashion and beauty. This is a perfect way to give these influential fans their own Gossip Girl experience.â€

“Gossip Girl is one of the biggest trendsetters in fashion, but also in beauty,†said Katia Beauchamp, Birchbox, Co-Founder. “At Birchbox, we are passionate about sharing the latest and greatest beauty products, styles and tips, so partnering with Gossip Girl was a natural fit. We think our subscribers will be delighted with the special Gossip Girl Birchbox.â€

Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8/7c on The CW. The series—from Fake Empire, Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios—was developed by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who serve as executive producers with Leslie Morgenstein, Bob Levy and Joshua Safran.

About Birchbox

Launched in 2010, Birchbox is the discovery commerce platform redefining the retail process by offering consumers a personalized way to discover, sample, shop and learn about the best beauty and lifestyle products and brands available. Birchbox members have first-touch experiences with products each month and access to educational content to help them get the most out of their products. Top brands like Kiehl’s, Benefit, Deborah Lippmann and Stila have partnered with Birchbox. To learn more about Birchbox, visit www.birchbox.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube and our blog.

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 

Looks like they learned from the TV mess last month. I am happy no one gets an option, so if they dont want it they can trade the box or unsubscribe

That was my first thought too: 'glad I have 2 boxes'

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg DEAD. I've loved gossip girl since I read the books when I was like 14-15. SO EXCITED. AND LOOK AT THAT BRAND LIST. Time to reopen my second account lol. 

Looks like they are keeping it simple so as not to have any one upset/missing out! 

"Existing Birchbox subscribers will be receiving “Gossip Girl†boxes in May. There is no need to join this list."

where are you seeing the brand list?

I must be totally missing this - where is the brand list? I think I'm excited, just because the TV box was so awesome. But, then again, if it's too commercially geared towards Gossip Girl, it could be irritating.

yes! cannot wait for this! wonder if we'll actually get it in time for the finale on the 14th!

I am glad they are giving it to everyone!  I am sure it makes their life easier and they have learned from the TV debacle. I think this box will be fun!  I have been less of a GG fan this season but still love the hair and make-up ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kyndal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes! cannot wait for this! wonder if we'll actually get it in time for the finale on the 14th!

I would think no, it seems they want you to watch GG to get hints.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right. Except for the part that clearly reads: "For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!"

Which makes me wonder if they're going to actually ship early next month to make it for GG! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The e-mail reads: "For "Gossip Girl" fans, season finale clues will also be part of the in-box materials to drive fans to tune-in on May 14th!"

So hopefully we're getting early shipping next month!

GG is my guilty pleasure....I hate to watch it but I can't look away.  This is really exciting...might have to sign up for a 2nd box for this month.  

Yuuuup. 

Sorry, MyGlam. lol

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like they learned from the TV mess last month. I am happy no one gets an option, so if they dont want it they can trade the box or unsubscribe

Latest posts

Back