Sign in to follow this  
CourtneyB

Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o View Post

That sucks, I bought a BB cream from SeoulGlamour and they sent me the wrong shade, I emailed them about it and they told me to keep the wrong one and that they were sending the correct shade. I'm still waiting but it's only been a week and they ship from Korea.

Yeah I may have to try them next time even if the wait is longer. That was nice that they are sending yo another one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Make sure to file a complaint with Amazon and your payment method. It'll force the seller to do something.

Yeah I'm currently trying to figure out how to file the complaint with Amazon. I'm hoping they will do something, but not sure since the seller shipped the product and not Amazon. I don't always complain, but to outright call me a liar is not acceptable. I told told him "Excuse me, but you were not here when I opened the bottle and smelled it." This was actually a birthday present for my mother and she can't even use it. 

I'm in a mixed-Asian neighborhood that's predominately Indian, so the East-Asian stores around me are more geared to food and DVD's for a college-student clientele than imported toiletries. However, if you ever want bindis, henna or hair oils (I mean highly-scented, deep-coonditioning treatments--the jasmine hair oil from India is heavenly, but DH is highly allergic) I'm swimming in them five doors down! The Indian store around the corner does have great face scrubs though. They come in these generously-sized boxes and are made of natural ingredients, often citrus peel so they smell fabulous. You mix them with water, slather them on, scrub in circles a bit and leave it on until it dries so they end up a great firming mask as well as an exfoliant.
I may have to try and find an Indian store around here somewhere!

I just got my Dr. Jarts+ replacement product today. They sent me 2 tubes that are very much so full. The packaging has changed a little bit though...

The Original Tube, with.06 foz.                                                    Two new tubes, new design. .33 oz each.

DSCN0836.JPGDSCN1065.JPG

The packaging is different because it should a different Dr. Jart+ product unless your camera is not picking up the color correctly in your photo. If it's the latter then different size amounts of products the sample containers tend to be different that's all. If the tube is indeed gold then it should be the Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++. I know it says SPF25 but it's odd that the 25 would be in the same color as the 45. It's weird.

s1327923-main-hero.jpg s1327915-main-hero.jpg

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

The packaging is different because it should a different Dr. Jart+ product unless your camera is not picking up the color correctly in your photo. If it's the latter then different size amounts of products the sample containers tend to be different that's all. If the tube is indeed gold then it should be the Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++. I know it says SPF25 but it's odd that the 25 would be in the same color as the 45. It's weird.

s1327923-main-hero.jpg s1327915-main-hero.jpg

Actually according to her image, it's the water fuse which is the aqua colored bottle. Maybe BB got a hold of different samples from Dr.Jart since people were having all these issues.

Originally Posted by mega789 View Post

Actually according to her image, it's the water fuse which is the aqua colored bottle. Maybe BB got a hold of different samples from Dr.Jart since people were having all these issues.

They are both the water fuse in the pictures, not the premium . The original packaging we were sent was a short wider tube with the tiny tiny amount. The one's that I received today are in a thinner tall tube, and have a lot more product in them. The originals were actually wider than these are. They also came in boxes, like you would buy at a store off of a hanging rack bar coded, where as the original tubes were just in the actual bb with no boxes.

Originally Posted by Pellen View Post

I just got my Dr. Jarts+ replacement product today. They sent me 2 tubes that are very much so full. The packaging has changed a little bit though...

The Original Tube, with.06 foz.                                                    Two new tubes, new design. .33 oz each.

DSCN0836.JPGDSCN1065.JPG

I just got my Dr. Jarts BB sample replacement today for my second box - SO much better! The tube is way bigger than originally sent (.33 fl oz vs. .06) and the tube is not empty! This is what they should have sent originally. Glad they fixed this issue...even if it was a little too late. 

I got my box super early and was able to get a hold of BB before most received their pooey tubes. Alas, I got two more tiny filled tubes lol..Lucky girls!

Has anyone tried to order the Dior masarca from Dior using the BIRCHBOX code that is supposed to give free shipping?  When I do, it says my order is not eligible, although the BB site says it is.  I had been hoping to use my BB points for it, but since it is not available directly from BB I at least want the free shipping.  I don't think I'll be ordering if anytime soon if I don't get at least some kind of deal.  With shipping it would be about $36!

Originally Posted by seap3 View Post

Has anyone tried to order the Dior masarca from Dior using the BIRCHBOX code that is supposed to give free shipping?  When I do, it says my order is not eligible, although the BB site says it is.  I had been hoping to use my BB points for it, but since it is not available directly from BB I at least want the free shipping.  I don't think I'll be ordering if anytime soon if I don't get at least some kind of deal.  With shipping it would be about $36!

That offer may have expired when the June boxes went out on the 10th. May's items are no longer eligible for free shipping after the 10th of June. I have a feeling that's probably what happened. Try Sephora. I know they carry it and their shipping is a couple of dollars if its under $50 and you could get more perks/samples with them most likely.